Sign in to follow this  
No Mad

18 passes, a hint of offside and a weird goal celebration

My summary of our second goal having watched it on Sky (yes I recorded it and came back and watched it again! Sad but true!!)

I thought the celebration of the second goal was strange. Sitting right in line with the 6 yard box, pretty much everyone around was wondering if it was offside or something, so we didn''t react immediately. I don''t think Deano really knew much about it either until he saw the ref.

I must admit I did find it confusing for a split second. I sit behind the goal and when it went in Ashton put his hands out to his sides like to say "what the **** is wrong with that". That lead to a number of us feeling pretty stupid as some swore are the red while others jumped about in that goal celebration kind of way. Ah was good fun

Where I sit is directly in line with where Deano put his goal in; the reason he didn''t celebrate to start off with is because (a) he had fouled his marker to get to the ball and (b) it was a close offside call. It looked as if he thought the ref had signalled for one of these but, when he realised that the ref hadn''t spotted either, he guiltily started to celebrate! (And a funky little celebration it was too!). As the saying goes, ''play to the whistle'' - well done for that, Deano!

who cares if it was offside,from the snake pit it looked on the amount of bad luck we have had we deserve a little run of the green.But 18 passes and a goal,is something to remember for us :0.it was just like watching brazil :0.well i was told by steve clarrige (co commentator after the game in the bookies it was anyway ).

i watched the championship on itv today, and i must say i sit back and watch with a big smile on my face of how easy that goal was, 18 passes and its in....... why havnt we done this in the last god knows how many games?

the celebration was class, i think he was abit warey that he had actually fouled his man and the hint of offside, and was unsure. im sure if he would have scored it cleanly he would have raced of to the corner and done his trademark slide.

but i liked the celebration..... oh yea look at him go, feel the groove deano!