Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Rowett

Labelling Maddison a diver is a bit feeble, he was the best player on the park and there was definite contact - if it was ''soft'' it is about bloody time we had one go our way. And I didn''t see him complaining too much at the cast iron pen we didn''t get given in the game at FCR earlier in the season, grappling a player to the ground is clearly ''ok''

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Labelling Maddison a diver is a bit feeble, he was the best player on the park and there was definite contact - if it was ''soft'' it is about bloody time we had one go our way. And I didn''t see him complaining too much at the cast iron pen we didn''t get given in the game at FCR earlier in the season, grappling a player to the ground is clearly ''ok''[/quote]I wonder if it had been 2-1 to Derby would he have mentioned it ?

He does go to ground a lot, but that''s largely because that''s the only way the opposition can deal with him. Rowett is dishonest to only tell half the story.

Unfortunately, it suits opposition managers to spread the lie, and it seems to be becoming widespread. The Sheffield Utd supporters were saying it repeatedly after we played them. It could start to prejudice refs if it carries on.

I don’t get why they are so hung up on it. The penalty was missed.

A stonewall penalty was then not given as the ref evened it up - I notice Rowett didn’t mention that?

Rowett had lost it on the touch line and took his frustration out on James during the game. Embarrassing, but then felt he had to come up with something to justify his appalling behaviour after the game.

That''s the second time we have upset the manager of a "high flying" club when we play at their place. Wolves next?

Well, after the match the Derby keeper told Maddison it was a penalty.

Unless you think Maddison''s lying. Which you probably do.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Well, after the match the Derby keeper told Maddison it was a penalty.

Unless you think Maddison''s lying. Which you probably do.[/quote]

Clear dive. Blantantly obvious at the time, and confirmed by the highlights.

I don’t think Maddison is lying by the way. Carson may well have said that. It’s still a dive though.

So you, who weren''t actually present at the point of contact, know better than the man who committed the foul??

My God you are some piece of work.

The linesman plainly saw something that was not obvious from any camera angle.   Standing where he was he may have seen more than the ref and the rest of us - maybe a movement from Carson that showed intent.  The linesman was certain enough - and they are not known for interfering unless they are absolutely certain.

Those of us who went to the game had a great view to see the trip by Carson, it was a clear penalty and he was lucky not to be sent off.

OMG - take your yellow and green spectacles off for one second!

I’m not critising Maddison, everyone does it. But he did dive!! Everyone around me agreed too. We had a great view square on. But even without that, the TV shows it clearly too.

You lot would be absolutely fuming if it happened to us.

Why is this so hard to admit?

So you had a clearer view than the two people involved?

You''re either insane, or your blind, egotistical arrogance is producing a reasonable facsimile thereof. You''re running City 2nd pretty close in that department.

My first instincts on seeing it was that it was a dive. I’ve not bothered to watch it back as the penalty was missed

So I’ve just watched it back and its a clear dive. He’s on his way down before any minimal contact imo

ron obvious wrote the following post at 11/02/2018 8:46 AM:

Oh god, another one.

How arrogant are you? It’s my opinion you prick so fuck you

This is why var will never work as it’s down to interpretation and opinion. The arrogance of some on here is astonishing

To look at it another way, remember Kane last week? And Willian in the replay?

Players that were going down regardless of any contact. From the highlights video it just looks completely unnatural. I don’t doubt there’s contact, but that doesn’t mean Maddison hasn’t made the most of it.

Something similar happened in the Watford v Chelsea game and Courtois spoke brilliantly about it - although there is a clear difference in opinion when it comes to if you are an attacking player or a goalkeeper