Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Matt Jarvis Injury - Any update

Considering we''ve just signed a new winger I''m pretty certain that is what we''ll be doing.Doubt we''ll find a new club for him so I wouldn''t be surprised if the club try to come to an agreement and pay him off. Same with Naismith.

Take the insurance sure you will play again can''t think who will come up with new contract, pay when play maybe not to earn much in future eh Matt.

The Bournemouth win at home was one of the few occasions where a whole area of the field looked genuinely solid premier league repeatable high quality.

The movement, understanding and structural solidity between him and Brady was excellent and looked progressive going forwards and thoroughly organised defending.

Parma

Does he count as home grown? If so, then providing he can get back to fitness there''s every chance he could figure in the squad.

Matt had a great spell at Wolves, he’s found it hard to reproduce that form, plagued with injuries.

Maybe if he gets himself fit there are a few tricks left in the old dog yet.

I wouldn’t count on him keeping fit, he’s worse than Darren Anderton, the original sick not, in the last 5 seasons he’s only played 33 times!

[quote user="pete"]Take the insurance sure you will play again can''t think who will come up with new contract, pay when play maybe not to earn much in future eh Matt.[/quote]I''ve read this about eight times now, and I am still utterly clueless. If he can get a bit of U23 football under his belt in the next couple of months, he might be able to play a bit in the run-in. Obviously given his his wages I think we''d like to move him on in the summer, but if we can''t shift him then he could still prove a good squad player if he can keep off the treatment table. Assuming Martin and Naismith will move on at the end of the season, that would leave only Klose, Pinto and Jarvis from the old high-earning squad (assuming Wes and Tettey move on in the summer). It''s entirely plausible that Pinto could be the only one of those players here next season.

Always been a good player and as Parma says, understands the game both defensively and offensively. Shame hes been out for so long as especially in the championship i think he would have been a very good option for us.