Sign in to follow this  
lincsy88

Team for Sunday

I''m assuming most people are thinking it picks itself after good run of form.

Gunn

Kose, Zimmermann, Hanley

Pinto (Reed if IP not fit), Tettey, Leitner, Lewis

Maddison, Murphy

Oliviera

Subs: McGovern, Hernandez, Srbeny, Reed, Raggett, Vrancic, Hoolahan

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Exactly that, although I would play Murphy alongside Oliveira with Maddison a bit more central[/quote]Much will depend on how Farke sees the binners.They are not so physical as in previous seasons, and I reckon Lewis will be able to get forward as will Murphy down their right side. Which would suggest an appearance by Onel to hammer their LB at some time as well. I would also start with Sir Benny so as to ''rough them up a bit''. Get the early goal then sit back a bit.I''m sure Farke will have one eye on the Wolves game, and may rest Tettey

If Pinto is fit, Reed could go into Tettey''s role to give him a break, but I can''t see it. Wolves is almost a free hit, so he could rest him for that one. Ipswich is more important.

I''d go with the same starting line up, with good options on the bench in Srebny, Hernandez and Vrancic. I''d love Wes to be involved somehow as it could be his last opportunity for us v Ipswich.

i suspect the only change is likely be if Pinto is fit - and he could come back for tettey, leitner or reed, depending on which two he wants deep. I suspect will see tettey leitner on sunday, a deep pair of tettey and reed for wolves with tettey rested for bolton.

We do have options to change oliveira or josh but I suspect we will start unchanged

Unchanged for me, even if Pinto is fit. A great result at Derby doesn''t need change.

Only benefit would be to be adjust the midfield but I thought Leitner did really well

I actually forgot about Edwards if I''m honest with you! From what everyone was saying who went to Derby, Leitner was fantastic that''s why I''ve kept him in. Wolves as mentioned is a free hit so rest Tettey there and put Reed/Mario in. I can''t see Pinto not starting regardless of how good Reeds been only because he''s our captain.

Wolves aren''t unbeatable so I don''t think we should be talking about playing a weaker team vs them.

I''d imagine Ipswich will pack the midfield and look to play out fast and direct but I''m pretty confident in our three central defenders to handle the longer balls.

I''d play Pinto over Reed just to give us more pace but apart from that I don''t see much need to change anything.

It''ll no doubt be unchanged. ....but I can''t help but feel we''d be missing a trick and really don''t need to go 5 at the back at home to ipswich.

We can surely sacrifice a centre half for another offensive player operating in the attacking half of the pitch. ?

.........gunn. ........

Pinto....Hanley...klose. ..Lewis

.........leitner...tettey....

...hernandez...maddison....murphy

...............Oliveira. ...........

I think we need to ensure we win the midfield battle first and foremost. I''d love to see Leitner and Maddison linking up in the final third, and then bring Murphy/Hernandez on against tiring legs later on. So I''d go with:GunnHanley Zimmermann KlosePinto Reed Tettey LewisMaddison LeitnerOliveiraSubs: McGovern, Raggett, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Murphy, Hernandez, Srbeny.

I''m actually reluctant to want Reed back in the middle. When played at DM he''s far too willing to go snapping at heels and is far too easy to draw out of position to boot.

This isn''t to say he''s a bad player but the strength and composure of our middle 2 is so, so vital to us playing well (which is why Tettey is now so important).

At RB he sticks to his designated position on the pitch and he actually has very good 1v1 tackling. I think he''s a right back.

I wouldn''t go as far as to say he''s a right back, but I was really impressed with his first game as RWB away at Brentford. I think Tettey''s positional discipline will allow Reed to hunt the ball in a wider radius, and also either Leitner or Maddison can drop deeper to receive the ball in a CM role. Nothing wrong with starting Leitner alongside Tettey and bringing Josh in alongside Maddison though – I would just want to make sure we can match them physically.

[quote user="king canary"]I must say ''positional discipline'' is not something I''ve generally associated with Tettey.[/quote]Really? I''d say that largely speaking he''s a very disciplined defensive screen. In previous years I''d have said that his bigger problems were his distribution and his tackling.This season, though, I think his all-round game is as good as it has ever been – as evidenced by our respective results when he is in/out of the team.

Farke press conf: ''small injury situations'':

Pinto - much improved, ''need to manage his load''

Reed - stiff back

Leitner - calf - ''not too bad''

Klose - calf - ''not too bad''

@FTW

I''ve always felt he has had a tendancy to chase the ball too much and get pulled out of position. In the current set up that is OK with either a more disciplined player (Reed or Trybull) next to him or having three central defenders behind him.

However last season it got exposed as Neil''s desire to have his fullbacks bomb on left our central defenders exposed when he got pulled out of position.

It isn''t a shot at him- I like his willingness to get around the field- just I''ve never considered him a disciplined holding player.

So, basically from the presser;

Pinto - unlikely to start

Reed - stiff back, but will probably play at RB again.

Leitner and Klose have slight niggles but will probably be fine.

As you were for the last game, I''d imagine

Farke has had a tendency to play a team according to the opposition, but I think the way the team has been playing recently, I''d have thought he''d rather play that XI and let them worry about how we set up. Same team as Derby for me, assuming the injuries aren''t serious.

Gunn

Hanley Zimm Timm

Reed Tettey Leitner Lewis

Maddison Murphy

Oliveira

Subs: McGovern Pinto Raggett Srbeny Watkins Wes Hernandez

Think I''ve got the 7 home grown players...just.

Team are training in morning so Daniel will make a call on Pinto or Reed for right back then but got impression Pinto will start if fit cause he said

''''DF adds that Reed has been ‘crucial’ with his performances but adds Pinto is captain and it is ‘100pc certain’ that he will return to right wing-back once fully fit''''

So lets hope its a light training session in the morning & so no new injuries

I was just watching the video of the goals posted on another thread CK and it was good to see Wes being involved in so many of them. For me, he has to be in the squad at the very least.

[quote user="king canary"]@FTW

I''ve always felt he has had a tendancy to chase the ball too much and get pulled out of position. In the current set up that is OK with either a more disciplined player (Reed or Trybull) next to him or having three central defenders behind him.

However last season it got exposed as Neil''s desire to have his fullbacks bomb on left our central defenders exposed when he got pulled out of position.

It isn''t a shot at him- I like his willingness to get around the field- just I''ve never considered him a disciplined holding player.[/quote]I think he was pulled out of position more under Neil, as Neil was more offensive and Tettey was often left with a huge amount of ground to cover when (as you rightly say) the fullbacks bombed on. Farke clearly has a more structured approach (as evidenced by goals scored/clean sheets), and an integral part of this has been Tettey''s ability to play a disciplined screen role - most effectively alongside Trybull. He''s clearly adapted his game under Farke, and as such has become an indispensable part of the team.

On the subject of our team for Sunday, here''s an interesting stat from the BBC:

Norwich City have made more changes to their starting line-up this season than any other Championship team (83).

Still maintain my earlier post...more so after that today

Just didn''t need 5 at the back at home to many teams in this league never mind ipswich

If your 2 wing backs aren''t going to cross the halfway line

like reed and lewis, we ended up with 7 or 8 of our own players in our own half.

Needed one extra man in the opposing half to give them more to think about.

Ironic that after 87 mins of huffing and puffing and running into brick walls.....it was chucking 2 big centre halves up front that unsettled them most

Agree with this analysis GJL. We ought to be 4 at the back at home. Farke needs to believe in this sooner rather than later