Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Oliveira, drop or not?

Couldn''t score in a brothel right now and that doesn''t look like changing anytime soon unfortunately, on the other hand we have seen what he is capable of and should you change a side that is in good form? Tough one, i''m staying out of it.....

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Couldn''t score in a brothel right now and that doesn''t look like changing anytime soon unfortunately, on the other hand we have seen what he is capable of and should you change a side that is in good form? Tough one, i''m staying out of it.....[/quote]I leave that up to the manager as we don''t yet know whether Srbeny is up to starting.  As soon as he is I''d start him.  

He''s playing well aside of the scoring, would keep him in for now, the goals will come.

As for Srbeny, he has to earn it by coming off the bench

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Couldn''t score in a brothel right now and that doesn''t look like changing anytime soon unfortunately, on the other hand we have seen what he is capable of and should you change a side that is in good form? Tough one, i''m staying out of it.....[/quote]Starting a thread about is one way I suppose

Not scoring, no assists, no key passes and not holding the ball up. On the plus side his attitude isn''t quite as bad as it was.

As yet we still don''t have an alternative so he absolutely starts next week and for some time yet.

Judging by his performances in the last two games the attitude has been addressed behind the scenes and he''s reacting in the right way. Hold up play excellent today and had a big part in the chances created, even if he didn''t score.

Would be very strange to drop him now purely for lack of goals

I''ve been critical of Oliveira lately - he''s not been great for several weeks. However it would be silly to take him out of the starting line-up against Ipswich. That''s the perfect fixture for him to get his name back on the score sheet...

yep, I sure he will relish getting stuck into the binnersit was his battling that won the ball for his shot on goal, and his spectacular fall that got us the penaltyfor me, at the moment he''s a City player and he gets my support - we need ''all hands to the pumps'' over the next 15 games and fans should remember that next Sundaybecause if a player is a bit low on confidence, or frustrated at not scoring I cannot see how fans having a go at him is going to helpthat doesn''t stop comment or discussion on here, but that should stop when you enter Carrow Road on Sunday

Well from here it sounds as if he is still not making good decisions on the pitch. He may have improved in some areas, but when you hear a commentator saying Srbeny, fresh on the field and full of running, was in a great position and NO once again ignores the percentage pass, then you think when is the penny going to drop?  Thank goodness for Maddison and other goal scorers in recent times, our two supposed key front men in Oliveira and Murphy are still not producing, either goals or in assists.  

How long do you give a forward how''s not scoring? Give the new guy a start against Ipswich, they won''t know what to expect

Bringing srbeny in for a full debut in a local derby would be a risk..and not the game to do it...Oliveira not firing at the moment but I can see the contribution he''s making in and around the box and in build up play.

Srbeny could start vs ipswich and be completely out of his depth for all we now....I''d rather not risk it....not in that game.

I might have thought he (along with marcus edwards) would have played in an u23 match by now to have got a bit of match practice in them

Not vs Ipswich. The perfect time for him to get his mojo back. If he fails there, time for Dennis. Nelson is knackered and needs a break.

Lack of goals aside Nelson has been excellent in the last 3 games and appears to be playing with a renewed sense of purpose. The goals will come and when they do I think he will go on a scoring streak. This would be the worst possible time to drop him.

All strikers go through barren periods, sometimes its best to give them a rest and take them out of the limelight for a bit, in this case we dont have the luxury to do that, he must work his way through it, hopefully next week will see him put this spell behind him.

When he''s on form, that selfishness around the box can be a positive.

At the moment, though, I wish he''d look for the pass a little more often. His link up play is actually very good.

Keep for Ipswich, drop after that if he is still missing easy chances. Remember how he reacted when he thought he should have started at the beginning of the season but was dropped?

On that note, imagine how pilloried Jerome would have been if he had played like Nelson has over the last few months?! One rule for some...

[quote user="king canary"]@Ian

Yes, because Nelson has had absolutely no criticism on this recent run, has he....[/quote]
No but he was afforded about 6 more games than Jerome would have got before people started criticising widely.

Let''s get behind him Sunday, the guy is on a low and we can try to help rather than boo him especially on a derby day.

Sing his name out, what have you got to lose other than your voice!

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Let''s get behind him Sunday, the guy is on a low and we can try to help rather than boo him especially on a derby day.

Sing his name out, what have you got to lose other than your voice![/quote]

What a great idea!

@Hoegsar

I don''t think I''ve seen Jerome have his attitude and commitment questioned in the same way though. Some of the criticism has been way out of whack.

[quote user="king canary"]@Hoegsar

I don''t think I''ve seen Jerome have his attitude and commitment questioned in the same way though. Some of the criticism has been way out of whack.[/quote]
No, but I don''t think Jerome does anything to allow his attitude or commitment to come into question. Unfortunately Oliveira has.