Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

'Post new topic' - restriction suggestion

Can I suggest that there is a daily allowance on the number of New Topics that any one member can post in a day.

Often it is the same person again and again posting "new" topics. I say new in speech marks, as they are usually the same rant within a slightly different topic heading.

If you look at the board this morning there are several posts by the same members (whoops two from me.) At least my posts are a bit different, not "Off with Worthys head" or "We need more loan singings." Yawn.

What about restricting New topics to 3 a day ???

[quote]Erm, that will never work![/quote]

totally agree, it just wouldnt work.

no-one would post on here often then.......

i for one do not start many topics at all, but discuss in the ones already there, and im sure there are plenty who do the same. There seems to be some people who make decent threads with comments, but then you get these newbies who make pathetic threads which could easy have been places in another place without having to create a whole new topic.......

Sorry, I meant 3 New topics max per user a day. NOT 3 New Topics altogether. Sorry I didn''t make that quite clear.

It would stop the people who sit on here every minute of the day constantly starting New Topics.

It doesn''t bother me how many topics a poster "posts" per day, if they are relevant. I''m pretty sure the mods delete any re-occuring topics before they appear on the board in the first place as well