Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Must Keep This Time

Ok Maddison aside who may go if w get an offer to good to refuse, we must keep this side together next year. We have to renew Tetteys contract and keep Klose as well. Our defence is one of the best in the league and Gunn may go back but believe in Farke this was never going to be a quick fix

Hard to say, Lewis has certainly made a few people sit up and take notice, would we sell if we get a decent offer?

I’m pretty sure if we could offload Naismith, Jarvis, sell Oliveira who I don’t think is Farkes best mate, playing 3 at the back is Farkes preference so Raggett, Hanley, Zimmerman and Klose all might well stay, hopefully. Three at the back suites those three today all looked comfortable and composed on the ball.

We’re going to be short up top, hopefully Thompson can recover from injury & Godfrey can push to our first team.

We need a couple decent strikers, replacement for Maddison if he does go and a good keeper or loan Gunn back next year.

We do have a solid back line, but our transition in midfield needs working on, then a decent striker who can fit this system better.

Tough to see us gathering a good enough squad to push on from this season, depends on budgets and who we can get out the door.

Got to say I thought Klose was nailed on to leave in the summer, but after this week I''m not so sure. He seemed pretty happy to stay put in his presser, and you only have to see his reaction to the goal to see that it really meant something to him today, over and above just scoring a goal - he knew exactly what that goal meant to us... The only negative from the presser was the international side of things, however by the summer, the world cup will be done and he''ll be 32 before the next Euros. 
Can see him staying next season but I guess it depends on whether we could get him to sign a new contract, presumably on vastly reduced wages - if we can''t then I suspect he will go rather than lose him for nothing in 2019, but I don''t think he is desperate to leave. Seems to be really enjoying the system and the German influx at the moment.
I''m also not sure that we won''t have Madders next season. He knows the value of first team footy, he has said hugely positive things about Farke and how he has not only given him his chance, but has also developed him as a player. I can see him holding out for a big club, and if one does come in for him then I would say he''s nailed on to be loaned out next season, and we''d have as good a shot as anybody of it being us that got him. I just don''t see him going to West Ham or similar - he''s too good for that.

Sounds as if he made his ambitions to play in the premier very clear to Sky, not heard the interview myself. I just hope he is well advised, he has a long career ahead hopefully and wants to develop it properly. That must surely involve playing regular footy, not sitting on a bench somewhere.

I would be shocked if he didn''t want to play in the Premier League; I think he''s got the potential to play at the very highest level.

The key point is whether he''s going to be one of these "head turned, let me go" players when he/his agent receive the first sniff of an offer in the summer, or whether we can convince him to stick around for 6 months next season.

In all honesty, I think it''s very, very, very unlikely that we''ll keep hold of him, but he seems like a very grounded and decent guy, so I don''t think he would do anything unprofessional.

Lots of potential permutations to come between now and the end of August (sale to one of the big boys and loan-back?!), but the fact we''re even talking about 20 million+ deals shows how good the bit of business was to get him in in the first place.