Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

David Coote - Today's Ref

I thought he was appalling.

So much pulling, pushing, shirt pulling and diving going on and he failed to show any authority.

So many points in the game where I didn''t know who was reffing the match, him or some of the players. He could, and should have shown more cards to stop the niggling spoiling tactics. A good example of his inconsistency was where he moved a free kick close to the half way line 3 times, and yet allowed Gunn to take a free kick miles away from where the foul happened. If you play by the rules those apply to everyone throughout the entire match

Weak.

There was so much shirt pulling going on in-the box, quite obvious and blatant which was ignored. Having now seen their goal on tv there was a clear obstruction there too. Not sure how much of a sight he had of it though. I still struggle with the diving issue, where we see a player, as we did today throw himself to the floor in the box, no free kick awarded but no booking for the dive, shocking.

Forgot to mention the incident in front of the Barclay where - I believe - it was Waghorn dishing out some afters to Lewis.

That was heading into possible Red territory, but the fact he didn''t even get a yellow or a talking to was unbelieveable.

[quote user="Van wink"]There was so much shirt pulling going on in-the box, quite obvious and blatant which was ignored. Having now seen their goal on tv there was a clear obstruction there too. Not sure how much of a sight he had of it though. I still struggle with the diving issue, where we see a player, as we did today throw himself to the floor in the box, no free kick awarded but no booking for the dive, shocking.[/quote]

Any reason you singled out Iorfa? 😡

You really are a sad individual Waveney, accusing City fans of being racists and now creating a character mocking those struggling with poor mental health.

I feel sorry for you buddy, I genuinely do.

[quote user="Van wink"]You really are a sad individual Waveney, accusing City fans of being racists and now creating a character mocking those struggling with poor mental health.

I feel sorry for you buddy, I genuinely do.[/quote]It''s a concerning indictment of his own mental health, really. I''ve always been very open about my struggles with mental health and have done a lot of raising awareness and fundraising with organisations such as MIND (for whom my wife works). It''s important not to let the (admittedly few) small-minded people who think it''s fair game to have a pop at people struggling with depression undermine the huge amount of progress that''s been made in this area in the last generation.Back on topic, I didn''t actually think the ref was too bad overall. He wanted to try to let the game flow – it wasn''t a really dirty game, so he didn''t need to start flashing his cards all over the place. If you''re too strict too early in a derby game, not only do you make a rod for your own back and leave yourself open to accusations of inconsistency, but you also run the risk of ending up with one or more red cards. Watch any Old Firm game and you''ll see the same thing happen.On the down side he was very lenient on diving, yet incredibly strict on ball placement for free-kicks, which became really annoying. Derby games are bloody hard to handle, and overall I felt he did a reasonable job.

He let defenders be pretty physical with forwards but thought he was quite even in how he applied that.

His main issue was the diving- the Iorfa one was so obvious you could see it from the Jarrold.

Not sure whether this relates to the point of moving free kicks forward but in the case of offside, if the player comes from an offside position to receive the ball in what is obviously a onside point the kick is taken from where he received the ball and sometimes this can make a big difference.

Thought he was pretty pants. Missed a foul on Zimm for their goal, failed to book the most blatant dive you''ll see at Carrow Road all season and was too slow to get his cards out when they were probably needed.

Ipswich committed 22 fouls and eventually ended up with 5 yellows. But in truth, the first yellow should have come much earlier, I reckon a good half of those fouls were on Maddison alone! What happened to repeated fouling being an offence?

Don''t know why the card didn''t come out for diving but other than that felt he was pretty even and let the game play out, even pulled back play when an advantage didn''t pan out which is always good to see.