Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

New Player? Paul McVeigh

Why oh why hasn''t worthington used him before now. It was like having a new player in the team.It was an superb display from him as always. I know people say he dosn''t put much effort into the reserves but who cares. The sooner the management understands that he plays consistently well in the first team thats all that matters.Well Done Paul Mcveigh

I agree, I think maybe some of us (including myself) have forgotten how effective the wee man can be in this division. i thought there was a " sharpness" about all the players that had been previously been missing maybe because plymouth are poor or maybe because they have had a break . I was dissapointed we didn''t go on to score 3 or 4 , I think tempo is a word that should be circled in red pen for the lads , there were times in the game when I really wished we had got at them more and instead we invited Plymouth on to us.

yeh McVeigh was very sharp today i felt, and 2 an extent he did feel like a whole new player.

...Well done 2 the N&P stand today, we made as much noise as anyone today, and the atmosphere was great!!!!

McVeigh had a fine game. I''d love to see him return to the form that got us to the play-off final. A player up front who can actually control the ball with his first touch, then pass to a team mate! Shock horror!

A real shame that he was taken off. He played so well and really deserved it after having to sit in the shadows for so long. It is testament to how well he played that everybody sang We Love You Paul McVeigh after he came off, because he really should have stayed on. We thought that Ashton would have come off after his injury, and he didn''t look the same afterwards - what was he doing sitting behind Marney on the right for goodness sake?

Anyway, I''m pleased for Zipper and really hope he gets more starts and appearances this season. Well done Worthy for taking him off the transfer list!

BUC, I think that WLY came off because he was shattered, this being his first start with the first team for so long.

I agree totally was''nt it nice to have someone who actually was running at the defenders in area''s that actually hurts

take note huckerby!!!!!!!! 

Definitly agree that McVeigh had a good game, but it was no more than a good game. You know what you get from McVeigh - Technically very good, rarely loses the ball, doesn''t always get in when the studs are flying in.

But lets put this in persective, we were playing against a very poor team, who had lost their last 4 games. Whenever we are on a poor run, theres a clamour for McVeigh to return to the line-up, I agree he played well enough to deserve to start on Tuesday, However Oysters comments that that Huckerby should take note of McVeighs runs, is an absolute joke. If Hucks had of played he''d have torn their defence apart

Thought wee zipper was the difference between the first six games and us winning this weekend.  

For the frst time we had someone creative in the centre of the park who knew how to pass a ball to set Ashton free - showed early when ashton put clear only to miss a 1v1 again.  Most of Deaos good chances came from the good movement or passing of McVeigh; his vision and touch aare the touch of class that we have been missing.    This McVeigh was a world away from the disinterested on who played against MK Dons and is the one we love - has he stopped his slide into Muller hell just in time?  If he can bring us that type of performance week in week out then it gives worthy a fantastic problem on who to pick.

If ever there was a demonstration of why we need a creative midfielder this was it. 

OTBC