Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

£200m?

Binners claiming we''ve spent the above (or £300m according to Big Mick) over the past few years.

just interested to know if anyone has a handle on how much we''ve actually spent? I can''t imagine that''s right - certainly not as a net spend.

It''d be interesting to know how much they''ve splashed out in the same time frame.

My God they''re a bitter, graceless bunch.

transferleague.co.uk says £93m spent and £73.5m sold over the past five seasons. Obviously this is just transfer fees, not wages or anything else.

Where do they get these ridiculous figures from?

Also, what''s with all the "they celebrated like they''d won the cup" nonsense? Because obviously that wouldn''t have happened had they got an injury time equaliser would it, and that''s not what football is all about of course! But this coming from the lot who had a pitch invasion when Pablo Counago scored an injury time equaliser against us back in 2002. I remember it well because they''ve been in the Championship ever since!

I think the point they''re trying to make - albeit ham-fistedly - is that we''ve had plenty of money over the last few years, yet are currently a place below a very poor Ipswich team.

Sadly there is some truth to this - indeed, our Sporting Director described how we''ve spent our millions in particularly colourful language at the AGM.

What they happen to miss out is that we''ve been able to spend that money by being promoted to the Premier League a number of times in recent history and therefore earned the right to spend that money.

Let''s see who performs better next season when both clubs are on a more even footing.

I would expect if we had holidayed for a fortnight in the Bahamas it would have cost a considerable amount more than had we spent a fortnight in Clacton (binners) ie our player wage bill has been extremely higherThere is nothing left after that money has been spent.McCarthy is just fed up with the abuse he gets from half witted farm hands who still seem to imagine their grubby little club should be part of the ''big time''.As to us we have a wealth of young talent coming through - at a training ground that has not only been upgraded but is ours.We are where we are through paying our way and living within our means. They are where they are through poncing off others and defrauding others.We have a future, they have a (dim and distant) past

If we''re going back to 2011 we''ve had 4 seasons in the Premier League and 1 in the Championship where we spent really big. Although I''m pretty sure we were relegated before the astronomical Sky/BT deal came in.Lots of money thrown away on wages. Even now I''d hate to think how much is going on Jarvis, Naismith and Wildschut.

[quote user="Hercules"]I would expect if we had holidayed for a fortnight in the Bahamas it would have cost a considerable amount more than had we spent a fortnight in Clacton (binners) ie our player wage bill has been extremely higherThere is nothing left after that money has been spent.McCarthy is just fed up with the abuse he gets from half witted farm hands who still seem to imagine their grubby little club should be part of the ''big time''.As to us we have a wealth of young talent coming through - at a training ground that has not only been upgraded but is ours.We are where we are through paying our way and living within our means. They are where they are through poncing off others and defrauding others.We have a future, they have a (dim and distant) past

[/quote]

Just not necessary. It gets really tiresome

Almost all coming from parachute payments, which are intended for that purpose ie covering PL contracts outside of the PL.We might just as well complain about how much is ''wasted'' on paying for stewards at home games''Have we ''enjoyed'' our seasons in the PL ? Similarly ''enjoyed'' the promotions, hauling ourselves out of the 3rd tier ? Do we now have a set up that looks to build for the future ?For any genuine City supporter the answer has to be yes.Lets not allow the bin filth to set the agenda. Farke them and their constant whining. I didn''t see any money being waved about. They got into their mess by overstretching themselves with a 25 year debt. They compounded this by handing over their club for a pittance to an asset stripper. Let them live with it.For us it is about the future... so fark them and their grubby, impoverished little forgotten club.

The reality for Ipswich is that the revenue they get from gates of 14,000, and the money they receive from selling their top players (?), means they are unlikely to have even 2m to spend next season.

They would be better off letting the council have their ground back and share with Colchester.

We find ourselves in similar positions right now but there is no way I''d trade their last 15 years for ours. Even our drop to League One was more entertaining than anything they''ve experienced and their highest high was being beaten by us in the play-offs.

in similar positions right now

Check out how we are, league wise, come MayAs this is all they have£90m debt v debt freeGates just over a third full v almost sell outs10,000 ST''s v 20,000 ST''sThen take a look at both club''s set up. Look at the youth policy, the quality of players out on loan and waiting to break into the first team.It is about one club looking to the future and the other clinging to the past.

Talking trash in the press is all they are good for these days!

Binners seem yp have this uncanny ability not to have a far ken clueYes, we will not receive £30m next summer.So we cut down what is going out, Remove high earners and increase amount coming in through transfer fees. Something they completely failed to do in 2002/3.Have a fair number of high earners left. YesHave we pulled in a fair few million in sales. YesAre we so skint that we have not been able to payout for incoming players. NoHave we any players left that would fetch a fair sized transfer fee, no... apart from Klose, Pinto, Murphy, Lewis, Oliveira, Maddison, HanleyPoor farmhands, desperately trying to grasp at any straws

Utter, utter crap from the Binmen!

Yes, we’re currently in a similar position league wise but our club has been much wiser than theirs. We’ve changed our structure and put things in place to live within our means until we can get back to the land of milk and honey that is the Premier League. I also think under the new regime and system we’ll have a better chance of staying up next time we get there as well as we’re not just looking to spend our way to success. We’ve got a first class youth set-up with promising prospects coming through who can hopefully break through to the first team and also produce revenue through player sales to sustain us without a crooked owner using our loses as a tax dodge for the rest of their empire!

Yeah this season has been an inevitable rebuild and in retrospect I really think changes like this were needed last season if not earlier. We have a vision, something to look forward to and be excited about. They have their ‘history’ to look back on, getting further and further away in the past while they continue to scrape about for freebees, loans and journeymen to play hoofball!

Maybe they will finish higher than us this season, but the neutrals I know still back us and seem to admire what we''re trying to do. If the binners finish higher than us that''ll be their one highlight in 10 years and they still haven''t beaten us! I''m willing to bet we''ll definitely finish higher than them next season and will make it back to the top table way before them!

Neither are we: paying Naismith £50K, Lafferty £40K or about to have waning attendances, but let the binners have a crumb of comfort, they need to prepare for us ending the season above them once again.