Sign in to follow this  
Les

O/T Re: Wigan game tonight

Anyone watching?

Just wondering why in the home stands that the first six rows are covered, maybe the prima donnas from the prem are afraid of too many verbals from the home crowd???

If you can’t fill your ground then no need to use the wet seats. It looks pretty stupid though. Enjoyable game.

Marginal but I would say yes. The yellow card he had in his hand first was a bit of a strange one though.

Unbelievable that Shearer defends that challenge and says it should have been a yellow. Delph was running at full speed and flew in off the ground with his studs up at shin height. If he catches a standing leg then it''s tibia and fibula smashed to bits. Plain irresponsible from both Shearer and Delph.

Shearer’s comments are always like his managerial record, not worthy of remembering.

I''m sick of pricks like Shearer always running down refs for dealing with dangerous challenges.

I run a youth team and if you want it to stamp out dirty play at the grassroots level the top level has to lead by example!

My son is actually currently in a full leg cast with a broken tibia and fibula in his right leg after a similar challenge to the one Shearer thought was fine!

Shearer was is and always will be a self important numpty.

Such a boring prick, that would put his studs into his granny to get "his" goal. Decent striker, irrelevant as a pundit and manager.

Was VAR in action in the game? If so, was the ref helped by it? If not, why did he change his mind? (having seen replays, I think its a definite red by the way).

There''s lots of post-match work for the FA as well: Pep''s antics at half time, the pitch invasion, Aguero''s spat with a fan.

Citeh don''t like it up ''em do they!? Reminded me of when Stoke used to rough up Arsenal a few years back.

I don''t think he did change his mind and I think Lineker said afterwards he''d probably only pulled the yellow out to write on it before showing the red.

Also, it''s possible the forth official or linesman could have been talking to him via the headsets and told him it was a red before he showed the card.

Red card all day long. If you fly in full pelt with studs up and a foot off the floor it''s always going to end badly. Luckily the Wigan player wasn''t hurt. As Capricorn1 said, they do speak with each other which they are entitled to do. Obviously decided based on all evidence that it warranted a red. Rightly so.

Great finish from Griggs, thought the chance had gone by the time he went to strike it.

Also, yes Walker''s mistake was poor, but what on earth was Stones doing?!

Yes, I''m sure they did speak via headsets, but interesting that he didn''t go and talk to the linesman like the ref did at the Liverpool/Spurs game. Perhaps they''ve been advised not to due to the cameras being in their face & picking up what they say. Does the 4th official wear a headset too?

And Stones? Most overrated English centre half, always massively overconfident in possession and makes so many basic mistakes. He was all over the place in the first half, when Wigan ought to have scored a couple of times.

Totally agree about Stones, he looks like he comes from the Joe Hart school of thought of "I think I''m brilliant, therefore I am".And he has the glassy-eyed gaze of a waxwork dummy.Apples