Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Run after Wolves

Our 5 games after Wolves are Bolton, Barnsley, Forest, Hull & Reading - all currently below us, and all beatable. Is it too much to hope that we could take a haul of 15 points from those matches?

The predictions most people gave for the last 5 games proved to be somewhat amiss, having been all doom-and-gloom, so perhaps we should just take it one game at a time. This side has proven that it is more than capable of going on a good run against the top sides, but the opposite is equally true.

[quote user="capricorn1"]We''ll probably beat Wolves and lose to Hull!!!!![/quote]Though I hate to admit it, that is also a perfectly plausible scenario.

@capricorn1

We will probably beat Wolves and fail to beat Bolton more like!

In all seriousness though, if we can do the unthinkable tomorrow night, coupled with Fulham beating Bristol City, we would be 2 points off 6th place if we beat Bolton. The carrot is still there, but we need some consistency at home massively, especially given our last 4 home games

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]@capricorn1

In all seriousness though, if we can do the unthinkable tomorrow night, coupled with Fulham beating Bristol City, we would be 2 points off 6th place if we beat Bolton. The carrot is still there, but we need some consistency at home massively, especially given our last 4 home games[/quote]Assuming that some of the other teams between us and Bristol don''t move that bar a bit higher between now and then. If we do win the next two games then I''d happily retract my ''season over'' claim, but I just can''t see it.

Of course, I wouldn''t expect all other teams to drop points either, but if we suddenly jump from 8 points off where we seem to have been for about 5 months now) to 4points off it suddenly comes back into play.

Of course its wishful thinking, but surely thats what being a fan is all about?

It''s the hope that kills you! I try to take it one at the time...but to be fair, I can''t see us going on a 5 game winning run without a striker that''s scoring goals...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]@capricorn1

In all seriousness though, if we can do the unthinkable tomorrow night, coupled with Fulham beating Bristol City, we would be 2 points off 6th place if we beat Bolton. The carrot is still there, but we need some consistency at home massively, especially given our last 4 home games[/quote]Some fans still not being realistic enough, looking at how the teams above us are mostly winning tonight, its not just about how many points we are to 6th, but all those above us. We could even be dropping to 14th if Millwall win, even if we won 5 on the bounce after Wolves, which looking at our form this season we wont do, we likely would still be a few points short of 6th.

And there we are, not just 8 points but 8 positions from 6th.  Just wish  fans would just try and enjoy the run in  and look at more realistic targets, like getting above Town. Also see what DF  can do to make us more goal threatening to.