Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v 1p5wich

I couldn''t get a lift today so due to my continuing back problems Mrs Ricardo recommended a non load bearing mode of transport. I haven''t ridden a bike for three years but I decided to give it a go and arrived safely if rather breathessly and with thigh muscles  a bit jellified. As we sat awaiting the kick off I said to my son that if 1p5wich win it they will turn us round and make us kick the other way so it was no surprise when that happened.It was Town that started with the greater gusto earning a first minute corner and a wild shot that went right across goal and out for a throw in. City tried to play their usual patient stuff but with the visitors pressing a high line it was all a bit hectic and congested in mid field. An early mix up in defence presented Town with the first real chance as Gunn tried to play out with a short goal kick. The ball was lost and when the shot came in he had to scramble across goal and shove it round for a corner. There was little to cheer but a nice round of applause on sixteen minutes to celebrate Towns championship reign was a bit of light relief.It was all a bit untidy and when City tried going over the top to Murphy or Oliviera neither could get the better of the visitors central defenders. We were almost at twenty minutes before Oliviera managed an effort that was well struck but too far out to trouble the Town keeper. Maddison had a pop with a free kick but it was over hit and drifted well wide of Bialkowski''s far post. Murphy couldn''t get much change out his fullback and after havinig an effort charged down, 1p5wich broke clear and only a timely tackle by Hanley prevented a shot on goal. With Town quick into the tackle Maddison and Leitner could not find the room to get any sustained pressure on the visitors defence.It is fair to say that the visitors had dominated territorialy and looked the more likely to score and as we approached halftime a series of free kicks put pressure on the City back line. Most of the high stuff was dealt with easily enough but when Waghorn unleashed a low effort from the corner of the box Gunn had to make a really good save to his left to keep the scoreline blank. I for one was rather relieved to go in at the break still all square.It had to get better in the second half and it did when Maddisons free kick looked goal bound only for Bialkowski to produce one out of the top drawer and palm it away for a corner. 1pwich couldn''t get the ball away and when hooked it back in Tim Klose was inches away from connecting and giving City the lead. It finally looked like City were acerting some kind of authority and when Oliviera broke through around the hour mark his shot looked goal-bound until Bialkowski flew to his right at the expense of a corner.There was little coming back the other way now and McCarthy brought on McGoldrick and Hyam as we approached the mid point of the half. Maddison almost tricked his way through only to be brought crashing down for the umpteenth time. Mr Coote had been lenient with the cards up until now but Waghorn, Connolly and Skuse saw yellow in quick succession. Another Maddison free kick dipped nicely over the wall and we were almost out of our seats before Bialkowski produced another blinder to thwart the City talisman.Murphy made way for Srbeny with no immediate effect as the minutes ticked away and Town relieved the pressure when Lewis gave away a needless free kick on the right. Again it was dealt with comfortably enough but this time Town managed to keep the ballin the City half. McGoldrick slipped a clever ball to his left and Reed had to block the cross for a corner. I had a bad feeling when the corner came over, Town''s delivery had been poor all afternoon but with the aid of an unnoticed tug on Zimmerman, Chambers had a virtually free header which he planted past the stationary Gunn to give the visitors an undeserved lead. McCarthy went a bit mental and the blue and white area to my far left all thought Xmas had come early. Well, they had to get lucky sometime and as we move into time added it seemed that that time had arrived.City couldn''t get much going in the five added minutes and when Maddisons hail Mary flicked off Kloses''s head and appeared to be running out for a goal kick it seemed all but over. Grant Hanly refused to give it up and did brilliantly to stop it almost on the line and turn and deliver a peach of a cross for Tiim Klose to nod past the rooted Bialkowski with just seven seconds left. The massed ranks of Canary faithful rose as one and when I had completed my thirty second scream of triumph I glanced over at McCarthy and the visiting fans standing frozen in disbelief. Oh the joy.As we walked down the stairs my son remarked that that goal would take a high place among his Derby favourites and although only an equaliser and not a winner it was had not to agree. When we strolled back to our bikes I caught the tail end of a passing conversation which went something like this. " That effing McCathy is a gormless c**t". Now I think McCarthy has done a good job with few resources but in the light of that late goal I found it hard to keep a straight face.[:D]

Great report. We could tactically analyse minute 1 to 90 but its a derby and its not always the best team that wins.

But that equaliser right in front of me was a great moment. Felt like a win.

Usual good report Ricard, first half they were better second half we were, so a draw was a fair result, although I felt we''d blown it :-)Hope your back gets better.

Great report Ricardo. Just been watching the video highlights and reading TWTD. WHAT FUN.

Apparently we celebrated our goal like we’d won the World Cup!

May our unbeaten run against the scum last forever.

[quote user="yellowandgreen"]Great report Ricardo. Just been watching the video highlights and reading TWTD. WHAT FUN.

Apparently we celebrated our goal like we’d won the World Cup
!

May our unbeaten run against the scum last forever.[/quote]

While of course merely greeting their own with a polite ripple of applause and a few barely audible bravo''s.[:D]They are indeed a graceless bunch

Good account of the game Ricardo.

I just got back to Weymouth half hr ago but you summed the game up about right.

Felt we looked afraid of the ball to start with but grew into the game. Klose didn''t seem to have a great 1st half but redeemed himself with his equaliser.

Felt Leitner was frozen out of the game. I was expecting to see some intelligent passing from him but it clearly wasn''t his day.

My stand out performer was Hanley followed by the big Zim.

Of course Madders did well but felt we were really struggling in front of goal.

Enjoy the rest of the season guys!!!

Ipswich fans on social media are tonight consoling themselves with our apparent impending financial doom. Blissfully unaware it seems about their own situation! If you’re going to draw a match with them, that is by far the best and most hilarious way to do it!

Have missed reading your reports Ricardo! Great to see they are still as good a read as ever. And good point for the team in the end, what a way to win that point!

Just got back into blighty and read your reliable report Ricardo. Seems like the antics of officials and supporters may have been more entertaining than the game. Home in time for the Wolves game anyway.

For some reason, my PinkUn password wasn''t showing on Singaporian internet. Probably the humidity.

Are we likely to be happy with a third draw in a row? Yes considering the fixtures,