Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Lots of love for Maddison on TWTD (really)

I couldn''t resist a peak after Sunday, and looking again this morning, there''s a thread about FourFourTwo''s request for a top 5 Championship players (excluding the voting club).

Maddison comes out third, which if we factor in the inevitable bias, must mean he is the Ip5w1ch favourite opposition player!

I can''t seem to link to it on my tablet but this was the top 5 at the time of writing:

Sessegnon 24

Cairney 14

Maddison 12

Neves 12

Flint / Jota 8

Which begs the question - who (if anyone) would you have from their squad? Has to be Bialkowski if we can''t keep Angus, especially after Sunday!

I quite like Webster, their central defender.

Apart from that I don''t think any of their players get in our first team to be honest.

Not their player, but Carter-Vickers looked a strong defender. Otherwise, the keeper is by far their best player.

On Waghorn, I particularly enjoyed his yellow card on Sunday, coming as a direct result of being nutmegged by Klose.

[quote user="Woodman"]Not their player, but Carter-Vickers looked a strong defender. Otherwise, the keeper is by far their best player.

On Waghorn, I particularly enjoyed his yellow card on Sunday, coming as a direct result of being nutmegged by Klose.[/quote]I''d forgotten that! I loved the way Timm dallied on the ball just long enough to let Waghorn turn round and chase back after him, then releasing the ball a fraction before he arrived to buy the inevitable booking. What a guy.

On current ability, neves is the clear outstanding player. Madders I would put equal second with sessegnon and cairney tho isn’t cairney a bit older?

Aah, looking at that top 4 I thought it was “young player” if it includes everyone, neves still wins but the likes of John terry, Pontus jannson and a few others come into the reckoning.