Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Next five games

LDC reckons we’re still in with a chance, well by the end of this period we will know :

Brentford away , good footballing side, scores lots of goals - prediction loss

Middlesbrough home, Pullis has been there two weeks and has already sorted them out, very hard to beat - prediction draw

Derby away, got there act together now, you know what’s coming, goals by Cam and BJ- prediction loss

Ipswich home, the run has got to end sometime, two big buggers up front- prediction loss

Wolves away, only going to be one result here, Ruddy and Bennett will keep us out - prediction loss

That’s one point out of fifteen, season over !

If I were to predict those I’d say 5 points, but who knows, our away form has been very good this season

If players stay fit & available, nothing to fear from those fixtures, with the possible exception of visiting Wolves. Although did Forest just do a job on them? They could all be won, could all be lost, could all be drawn; isn''t that what makes it interesting? A prediction of 1 point from 15 is miserable!

I expect to see a fairly decent addition to the top end of the pitch this week to challenge Oliviera and hopefully Tom Trybull will make a return soon. Wes is looking sharp, Edwards hopefully has a point to prove and we might even see the forgotten man Matt Jarvis on a pitch in a couple of weeks. Lots to look forward to, including more than one point from 15 (we hope!).

How about the last 5 games: these include beating Bristol City and drawing twice with Chelsea ...how many of those did you predict?

I''m not sure what kind of ''supporter'' predicts an Ipswich win against us based on absolutely nothing.

The way we play at carrow road, I truly think our run against them is coming to an end. I did think we would lose at the Portaloo though, so what do I know😂

Law of averages says the run must end sometime, hope it doesn’t, living in deepest Suffolk I’ll never hear the end of it, life’s been good in the past twelve years !

If you talk it up enough you may get your wish. It still didn''t happen last time even though it was being talked up. I can remember when we lost to them more than we won. We still held our heads high. I don''t know how some of you would cope...

[quote user="CANARYKING"]LDC reckons we’re still in with a chance, well by the end of this period we will know :

Middlesbrough home, Pullis has been there two weeks and has already sorted them out, very hard to beat - prediction draw

Derby away, got there act together now, you know what’s coming, goals by Cam and BJ- prediction loss

Ipswich home, the run has got to end sometime, two big buggers up front- prediction loss

Wolves away, only going to be one result here, Ruddy and Bennett will keep us out - prediction loss

That’s one point out of fifteen, season over ![/quote]To get to over the minimum 75 points we would need to get in the play offs,  we would need 13 wins out of  the remaining18 games, so would need to win a good proportion of these five matches.  I certainly don''t think it''s impossible, but we need to get a confidence booster from somewhere to kick us on.  Maybe if Oliveira could find some form, or maybe Edwards coming in and making a difference, or a new face this week, we could get some momentum....and momentum once got, is a powerful force. Never say never - there are still plenty of points to play for.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If you talk it up enough you may get your wish. It still didn''t happen last time even though it was being talked up. I can remember when we lost to them more than we won. We still held our heads high. I don''t know how some of you would cope...[/quote]

That’s an interesting point. They beat us at ours on my birthday which was particularly shytty but even in their apparent period of “dominance” we perforated it with a smattering of victories. The Iwan Bergkamp Brace, Bellamy’s header... Back then it was probably more likely that we’d lose than win but I don’t remember going into a derby feeling defeatist or that we were beaten before we set foot on the pitch.

How pathetic would that have been? To cede defeat before a ball was kicked because they were perceived to be better than us? In the words of the Virgin Mary; F**k that. Yet here we are, a measly couple of points behind them, lost 1 in 7 and unbeaten against them in a decade and people want to predict a defeat to them!!!

Even when it was the more likely result based on league position and perceived relative strength of squad I’d never have said that they’d beat us. Pigheadedness? Maybe. Blind optimism? Possibly. Because I’ve got enough pride in my team, club and fellow fan that meekly rolling over and saying we’d lose is absolutely bloody alien to me? Definitely.

Some of you lot are either poorly camouflaged binners or need to look in a mirror and give yourself a slap. Not too hard though, you’ll probably cry.

Lily-livered surrenderists. You disgust me.

[quote user="lake district canary"]To get to over the minimum 75 points we would need to get in the play offs,  we would need 13 wins out of  the remaining18 games, so would need to win a good proportion of these five matches.  I certainly don''t think it''s impossible, but we need to get a confidence booster from somewhere to kick us on.  Maybe if Oliveira could find some form, or maybe Edwards coming in and making a difference, or a new face this week, we could get some momentum....and momentum once got, is a powerful force. Never say never - there are still plenty of points to play for.

[/quote]Any remote chance we had of getting into a play off spot went out the window on Saturday. If we had beaten Sheff Utd we would now be sitting just 5 points away rather than the 9 points gap at the moment. The team selection for the Chelsea game and the subsequent limp effort on Saturday basically cost us 4 points. There would have been a slim chance of making up 5 points but 9 points is a (Stamford) bridge too far, especially without a decent striker

And there was me thinking you only got 3pts for a win!

I would think even the most optimistic among us would think a top 6 spot is highly unlikely, it has been done before from this kind of position (there''s 50+ points to play for, after all) but it would take a change in home form/set-up, in particular, of rather large proportions.

It is also pretty telling that the only reason anyone seems to come up with for why Ipswich might beat us ''the run has to end at some point.'' Basically that we''ve just beaten them too much!

Looking into my magic ball while multiplying five with 1,38, our average points per game in this season tells me we''ll pick up 6,9 points, which is most likely to come from the two home fixtures and Brentford.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]LDC reckons we’re still in with a chance, well by the end of this period we will know :

That’s one point out of fifteen, season over ![/quote]Well.. 3 of the 1 point predicted in the bag! OTBC!

[quote user="Weve Got Angus"][quote user="CANARYKING"]LDC reckons we’re still in with a chance, well by the end of this period we will know :

That’s one point out of fifteen, season over ![/quote]Well.. 3 of the 1 point predicted in the bag! OTBC![/quote]Yep, 3 more points in the bag - seems as though Pullis has more to do.

We''re certainly doing a lot better than many had us down for! The annoying thing is that we got so far behind the top guys, as we know we can match all of them (other than maybe Wolves).

That’s one point out of fifteen, season over ![/quote]
You''ve still got a chance of getting one right on Wednesday[;)]
However despite the brilliant run we''re on our season is still over. I think people must have been expecting more....