Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Ruddy beaten by 35 yard hit

Good hit by Olive to be fair and bounced right in front of JR. A whiff of dodgy keeper, but credit to Nelson. Hopefully a turning point for him.

To be fair to him, championship leading 17 clean sheets is an impressive record and I''m glad he''s doing well there.

But I''m over the moon for Nelson that it crept it! What a great couple of games we''ve been able to enjoy in the dying minutes!

Let’s not forget Gunn went up for a corner, Ruddy catches it and chooses NOT to play the ball out quick so Wolves can break and score an inevitable 3rd.

A minute later he’s picking it out of his net after conceding a 93rd minute equaliser!

Great stuff

As to the save, it was not a case of just going down as the ball bounced, but guessing the height of the bounce right, which is far more difficult. Plus at the time of the shot Ruddy''s vision may have easily been blocked. (It''s not obvious from the highlights).

No excuses for Ruddy I''m afraid.

It did not deflect off anyone so he saw it from a long way out. And I didn''t see any nasty bounce.

He used to get stick, rightly so, when he did it for us.

And as Oliveira hit it, I thought, what a tit. But obviously it worked out well.

A bit of good luck for a change.