Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Clueless, inept, no hope, and thats just the manager!.

OK, firstly bear in mind that at the momnent I''m bl***y angry, why?, I belive I''ve just witnessed the worst ever performance of a city side I can remember, and it makes me very VERY worried.

Why the hell did the manager pick a forward line of midgets, against a defence of really big guys, and then gets the team to cross high balls?.

My ''posh'' friends always said Leon was a carthorse, have they been right all along?. I''m begining to think his local derby game was a flash in the pan.

I know Iwan is getting slow, but surely he should have been on from the start, at least he can hold the damn ball up.

Rivers, you wanted to prove yourself, well you failed again son, now he must NEVER be allowed to play for City again.

As of this morning, Bradford were 32, yes thats right, 32 points below us, second from bottom. And we can''t beat them at Carrow Road!, Promotion?. forget it, we are a joke!.

Now, I can''t just run away and support another team, once in, always in as they say, but after this shoddy effort, I''m running out of passion. I''ve just hurried home only to switch Sky Sports off as Sheffield Utd have just gone 2 up, the future suddenly does''nt look that rosey.

I have to be careful, as sometimes in anger, you can regret the things you say, but I''ve got a very bad feeling about this, and it won''t go away, HELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!.

Wizard firstly SHUT UP!!!!. Secondly McKenzie is no cart horse. It was just one of those days which Norwich have now and then. We had our last one when we played Watford who i believe where 5th from bottom when we played them and lost.
I do agree that Roberts should have started, but Worthy just needs time to work out the best combination. As for Rivers to come on when the rest of the team are not playing well he was never going to look good. I thought he played better than Hendo (who is definately not a winger). At least he ran at players.
Stop over reacting Norwich have got this great tradition "we always play c**p against c**p teams"
I think Brennan will start next time out with McVeigh on the right. We just need to forget this bad day at the office.

Well well Stan, I bet your opening line took some thinking up and use of the brain cells did it not!. But read and digest this my friend, I WILL NEVER shut up, especially to the likes of you OK. It was my ''Posh'' friends who made the carthorse comparrison, but now I''m begining to believe that Leon would be of more use giving rides on Blackpool beach in the summer. Of course I expect you to hate that, but its MY opinion, I''m entiled to say it, so live with it!, and of course time will tell who is right.

PS. So Worthy needs time eh?, how long would you suggest then Stan?, till we slip to 7th or 8th in the table maybe.

PPS. And I certainly don''t need a lecture from you or anyone else on Norwich traditions, not after 40 years I don''t!.

You forget that we thrashed Cardiff 4-1 recently at home. Bryan Robson
set out his stall to defend with all 11 players and things didn''t work out for us.
The classic sucker punch! Some of those missed chances will fly in the net next time and
it''ll be a different outcome. No need to panic we''re still top.

Two points clear at the top of the table? A recent Derby win? Three new signings? A recent "encouraging" performance against Premiership opposition? I can''t see why we haven''t pressed the big PANIC button yet. Sack Worthy. Sack the Board.

PS. Between rants, look up IRONY in dictionary and lighten up. One day in front of goal does not mean a bad striker & one poor result does not call for heads to roll. We''re showing ambition in the board room and getting results on the pitch. Bask in the pleasant situation...

I think we just have to accept that Wiz is not a greatest Worthy fan and he''s entitlied to his opinion and yesterday''s game was just another chance for him to have a dig. We could get promoted and win the Premier League next season and he still put post''s titled ''Worthy Out''.

I agree with u Mark, there''s no reason to press the panic button at the minute as it''s only the 5th game we''ve lost all season however i do feel a slight tinkering of the midfield is required eg Francis in for Mulryne, but that''s up to the manager to decide as he knows best, i mean just look where we are in the league at the minute.

Wizard, what a pathetic piece of input on your part...all the way around. You''ve spent various messages in the past putting me down,telling me to shut up etc, and when you realized that I was not going to go away, you advise all to send me to Coventry. You also advised me that I did not understand passion which is what it takes to support a team like Norwich. You and your little group tied everything to Huckerby as the saviour and now, after a one game setback ( which most of us expected to win ) you come out with rubbish like your passion is running out and, on another thread, you''re clamouring for us to spend more money on another striker. And when someone tells you to shup up you react that you will never go away, even though you try to push exactly that agenda with others. What a difference a day makes and what a waster you are. You must have been some Chairman of the Lowestoft Supporters Association.

Wizard,
Calm down my friend,unwind and take a deep breath.I know you must have been frustrated after yesterdays game,we all were,we should have beaten them easily yet we should have seen it coming as don''t we always struggle against the bottom clubs.Hopefully this was a one off and next week we will be back to winning ways.I personally thought that Brennan should have started and think that Hendo should be rested for a few games and yes we were missing a big man up front.Shame we couldn''t get Crouchy back for a few months cause I dont think Iwan,bless him is up to 90 mins anymore.As for Rivers he wasn''t any worse than the others and I feel he still has something to offer(I know lots of you will disagree - sorry)
Having said all that if we go up we cant afford to play like that for too many games or what will the scoreline against the Man Utd,Arsenal & Chelseas read like.
Lets keep our faith and see what happens next week.Rotherham 1 Norwich 2 is my prediction.

once again a so called city fan slags the team of because we lost sorry mate you cant win every game my answer to you is stay away we dont need you at carrow road .and i wish you would run away and support another team.

Stop panicking lads !!

I thought you still played some decent stuff yesterday and over our two games this season are probably the best footballing team we''ve played.

Fair play to our team you caught us on one of our better days. Our players were up for the game motivated no doubt in no small way by the comments from one of your ex''s Forbes @ Luton who had a right go at our defence and reckoned you would " get a bucketload" . Well done fella !

Always enjoy our visit to Norwich and not just for the football. Very nice city and always made to feel welcome.

We have our own battle at the opposite end of the table but i sincerely wish you good luck for the rest of the season and hope you achieve your aim of a place in the Premier.

"Clueless, inept, no hope, and thats just the manager!".

Come off it, 1st Wizard, I know you are angry at this result, we all are, but I can think of 23 other managers in this division who would happily swap league positions and "inherit" the problems you think we have.

There were many reasons for the result. Bradford came here with the intention of defending in numbers, playing very deep and relied on the counter attack. Once they got their goal, they had got what they wanted and defended very well.

We made it easier for them, hitting too many long balls, especially in the first half. Henderson if no winger, he admits it himself, but that''s no excuse for moaning at him every time he gets the ball. When Rivers came on, yes he did run at the defenders, but how many decent balls did he cross into the box? Let''s start counting from zero, shall we?

Mulryne played too deep and the midfield in general were too far from the front two, especially when the ball went long and we tried to rush the ball forward quickly.

When we tried the passing option, all too often, the players made poor choices, or had no support to play the easy ball. Personally, I beleive this is down to the players and has nothing to do with the manager.

Yes, I would have prefered to see Brennan come on for Henderson, with Paul McVeigh going to the right. And, yes, I don''t know why McVeigh came off, rather than McKenzie, but it happened. Both of these were down to the manager.

That said, the players had plenty of time to sort out the numerous other problems that happened on Saturday and failed. It was a "bad day at the office" all round, but I personally, fail to see how that justifys any of your comments?

Why Oh Why do I bother writing on here?, none of you lot have ever read my posts properly, I said I was angry at the time, I NEVER stated get rid of Worthy as well you lot know!. I also said that sometimes you say things in the heat of the moment and regret them later. What part of that, did you lot not understand?.

Hands up, you''ve never done the same?!. So next time READ POSTS CORRECTLY PLEASE!.

1stWizard

I read properly every single word of your last two postings and I respect your opinions, even if I don''t agree with them, whether made immeidately, in the heat of the moment, or two days later.

Contary to your suggestion, I understand every aspect and ,all I ask, in return, is that you show us similar respect.

The tone of your last posting implies stupidity on our part.

Rather pointless post though Wizard...Served no point other than to highlight the fact that you''re nothing but a fair weather supporter. Of course we are going to lose matches. Everyone loses matches. Reacting so badly and "losing all faith in the team" is a pathetic response. You make it sound as if continuing to support City is a massive chore and something you''ve got to do although you don''t really want to do it...Having followed your rather public spat with Yankee Canary I wouldn''t have thought you''d post such a hypocritical response...

//Rolls eyes.

Well you tell us to read your posts more accurately, I would guess from the response that people had! There is very little else for us to comment on since it isn''t a very constructive post is it? Here''s one of lifes important lessons, you may say something in the heat of the moment but you are still acountable for it, just take the critisism on the chin (like the NCFC players have to after posts like this) and try to be more positive next time you post. Also, and this goes to a lot of the negative morons posting here today, try to have a memory span of more than a goldfish for once in you life, look at the bigger picture!

First of all this is my first post to the site, although I have enjoyed reading it for months now. The main reason I have never bothered posting is becuase of some of the ridiculous messages I have read. I thought fans of something would share a common goal, but more often than not people argue more. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion and freedom of speech and all that. Anyway this latest thread is so laughable that I felt obliged to reply.
1) Our team is top of Division One and, excuse the headline, "Flying High". We suffer a bad day at the office and let in 1 goal and someone that preaches the virtues of being a passionate canary fan for 40 years to anyone that will listen, and sometimes even those that don''t want to listen, posts a thread with the most stupid subject ever.
2) They then go on to call someone else childish for telling them to shut up - look up hypocrite mate.
3) Then when they realise that everyone that has replied on here thinks they are stupid for starting such a ridiculous thread and have actually come close to seeing his true colours, they make a claim that it was just written in the heat of the moment when angry. Heat of the moment?!?!?! Did you have your PC at Carrow Road with you? Time to leave ground + time to get home + time to reach PC + time to boot up PC + time to log onto website + time to write message + time to reply to message posted by another and tell them to shut up and you were still that angry???? Don''t get on his wrong side he stays mad for days.
4) Even when admitting, in a round about way, that he was wrong to write what he did, instead of just apologising and saying I made a simple mistake when I was angry and Norwich are great, he actually goes on to blame us all for not reading his rant properly. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. 40 years or older? I doubt it. I know 10 year olds with more composure and intellect.

To close, Norwich are fantastic, great squad, great manager, great board, great league position and in the most part great fans. I cannot wait to visit Highbury again next season, its been so long, last time Fox hit the post I was sitting behind. If you don''t support the team then don''t post.

After forty years of "support", i''m surprised that you get frustrated and so angry so quickly, CHILL OUT it''s January, it happens every year.
Of course the Posh fans are going to say Leon is a cart horse they have just lost their leading goal scorer (wake up and put 2 and 2 together). I bet you said after beating the scum " I don''t like the look of that striker who has just scored 2 goals against our most hated enemy. He looks a real cart horse". Definitions of cart horse:- Darren Beckford, Daryl Sutch, Marc Libra, David Nielsen, the list is endless.
As for the time scale of things I would probably give it to the Rotherham game. I should think worthy will have it under control by then. If we do lose at Rotherham on saturday, remember to tie the noose really tight. because by 4:45pm on Saturday you will probably be suicidal, going by what i''ve seen so far.

I understand how angry the Wizard was at the time of his post and although I don''t agree with the "I''ve been a fan for 40 years" baloney, I think he was perfectly entitled to vent his spleen. I wasn''t at the game but still threw a few things around the living room whilst watching soccer special. We''ll be back cheering and clapping next week, but when you get so uptight about something, it''s difficult not to use this site as a pressure valve. Especially given the frustration of watching a LAZY performance.

Talking of lazy, I must say I am worried about some of the posts on here. We have stories of Mullers, McSmall and a few others out on the town , we have the errant Rivers in the dog house, a few new egos (Hucks, Leon etc) and I think NW has a big job on his hands to straighten things out. However, I think he is the best man we could have for this situation - big time charlies do not belong here, and he knows it.

As for Leon, remember he is by far the finished article and will improve with time - if we, the fans, give him time that is. As for stories of people heckling Hendo, well that really, really disappoints me. When the going is good, we ARE among the best, funniest and easy-going fans around. When the tide turns even just a fraction, how things change... Come on people, support the team, a lot of players thrive on it (Rivers and Hendo especially) and we could do with a few good performances now.

OK OK, I''ve now beaten myself with a wet kipper, done 1 million hours of community service,seen the errors of my foolish ways etc What else?, Oh yes, I remember, I APOLOGISE to every living soul on here, eh, well bar one that is (you know who you are, don''t you?!)

I''m no more than a goldfish, I''m 3 years old, and I''ll have to support the tractor girls from now on (fingers crossed at the time so that last one does''nt count)

Am I forgiven, or must I now spend an eternity in exile and torment?.

But, if in 2 months time, my silly childish fears are proved true...........................

Most people who have responded to this post i note are relatively new to this board. Nothing wrong with that but those who have been posting on here a bit longer know wizard''s post well enough to take them in the right way. I don''t normally agree with him but i can understand that he was gutted about the Bradford result. If i had watched the game and had jumped straight on here afterwards i think i would have written something similar and vented my anger at a misfiring McVeigh, a headless Huckerby or a listless Leon! He hasn''t said anything outrageous, the guy''s just annoyed, as was Worthington who no doubt said similar things in the dressing room. NW said that words were had in there that will stay in there but you can imagine what they were.
In the past our confidence has always been delicate so it is easy to get despondent. What i will say to you Wizard, on the plus side, is that more recently Worthy has been quite good at getting us playing after a bad spell and the next few games will be a big test of our confidence. Also, with the new additions to the squad, there''s going to be a lot of settling down and tinkering going on before NW knows the best team. I said last week that i didn''t think Leon and Hucks on the pitch together was neccessarily a good idea and while i''m not claiming to be right on the evidence of one game, it''s things like that that we are going to find out about in the coming weeks. One thing we definitely know now and something i feared when i heard about it is that we are going to miss Sven badly. Havin seen him in his first game at Portaloo Rd, even without having trained much or being match fit, I reckoned he could be an unlikely hero in our promotion push. I hope he still can be...

Thats a bit stiff, coming from a die hard fan like you First Wiz. Firstly I hope you read the remarks made by Worthy in the press" You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink". He is as peed off with that display as we all are. It is down to the laid back way our players have, "one of those days" is a remark often used. Another contributer on the boards said that Bradford came to shut up shop. Thats so, but they were far better at that than we were, even if we do have an enviable goals against record. The ball that was delivered from Francis was a blatant lack of cover for Paul Mc Veighs failed attempts to run him down the touch line. As usual our lot were all in the 18 yard area treading on one anothers toes and not knowing who should pick up who. The inability of our lot get stuck in and boss the game from the first whistle is a trait that we have, and until we get rid of it. we will not be a success in the Premiership. The shape of our team is always entrenched too close to our penalty area, thereby loosing the midfield battle. Mulryne is so lazy, it is unbelievable. Pity he has so much tallent shrouded by lethergy.

Just to add to the ridicule that has deservedly been heaped upon 1stWizened, if that was the worst performance he can remember he either has Alzheimer''s or he has missed quite a few games since 1964.

The sad truth is, professional footballers aren''t gods, they''ve got feet of clay. And what happens when you play football with clay feet? You get beaten by Bradford. And someone has to clean the inside of the boots as well I guess.

And I''m sorry, but Rivers IS crap. Not technically (though he isn''t great IMO), but he''s a slacker, and one good game in 10 - or 5, or 2 - isn''t professional. The only time he''s really impressed me with his commitment throughout a game (or his involvement in it) was his first game against Crewe at Carrow. Other games he''s had the odd sparkle, but generally he''s got that can''t-be-arsed air. Forget Rivers and crosses please, forget Rivers and closing the opposition down, forget Rivers working overlaps with his fullback - won''t happen, or happen too rarely. So forget Rivers. Sorry - that should be on a different thread.

If only we could genetically modify all the players and inject Fleming''s professionalism and commitment, what a team we''d have.

Yup, Fleming is a role model for all.

About your "childish fears" coming true Wizard, is that they may well do that. But there is nothing that we can do, except sing our hearts out at all times and try to encourage the players as best we can - or at least, if they ARE COMPLETELY useless then just go quiet or something! Don''t barrack them (let Worthy do that) and hope that they get their arses into gear and do us proud. I guess it lies in Worthy''s and the players'' hands - over to you now boys, prove you are worthy of our adoration.

Shortfatb. Your sick jibe about Alzheimers was digraceful, this terrible illness has no humor value in it whats so ever for the sufferers and relatives of victims!.