Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Zimmermann.....a hero

Just mentioned this on the highlights thread. He epitomises what a footballer SHOULD be like for me. Honest, passionate, gives his all etc etc

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Been a brilliant signing, refreshing to see a modern footballer leave everything he has on the pitch.[/quote]

Yep. He''s shown more drive, determination and heart so far this season than we got over the entirety of Bassong''s or Bennett''s time here.

Agree with that tired. A breath of fresh air and barring Madders he would be POTS contender

A brilliant signing for us. Reminds me a bit of Pinto in that he came from nowhere, gives it everything and is quickly becoming a fan favourite.

Not the first time I''ve seen him do it for us, but yes, heading the ball on the deck is not something you''d see Martin, Bennett or Bassong doing!

Hanley made a tackle with his low down with his head at Burton and his momentum from being so committed caused him to slide on his knees in to the advertising barriers with a hell of a thump - was right in front of us. Got up and got on with it. Epic stuff from out three central defenders in the last two matches.

All our so-called German second tier players, with the possible exception of Franke, have been good and value for money.

I am also impressed with the way Naismith and Martin were handled ... no messing about there.

It might not be ideal but at least it saves money.

A few useful youngsters as well.

Things could be worse.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Scores our first goal then sticks his head in where only boots should go. Love the guy![/quote]

Did nobody see notice the school boy error just 10 seconds before that led to him having to ‘head’ tackle? If should have easily cleared the ball down the line.

He’s done very well this season, but has also been prone to mistakes I’m very dangerous areas.

Good luck Lincoln finding a player at our level who isnt prone to the school boy error. Our defensive play has improved massively this season and Zimmermann is a big part of that, if we can now get the attacking side clicking things could look really promising.

Fast becoming a favourite. We all make mistakes- and given his level last season we must expect a few. But he also gives 110% and is improving game on game. Purchase of the season for me.

We have been cryng out for years for someone with his character in the team, so pleased we have him. Credit to our recruitment team👍

Top signing, good defender, don''t understand the negative remark(s). He''s not perfect , if he were he would be playing in the PL or at the top of the Bundesliga. But he''s learning quickly and I think the pro''s most definitely outweigh the cons!!! The three lads at the back have been immense for us these last few games. As has been said by many on here. If we''d had some more firepower , we''d be challenging for the play offs

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Good luck Lincoln finding a player at our level who isnt prone to the school boy error. Our defensive play has improved massively this season and Zimmermann is a big part of that, if we can now get the attacking side clicking things could look really promising.[/quote]

I think we have him in Raggett.

I rate this lad very highly. Same age as Zim, but with more experience. Whilst I’m not advocating dropping Zim, I would like to see Raggett given his chance too. Zim is doing really well, but not exceptional enough to not consider Raggett getting that chance.

Zim needs to cut the stupid errors out.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Good luck Lincoln finding a player at our level who isnt prone to the school boy error. Our defensive play has improved massively this season and Zimmermann is a big part of that, if we can now get the attacking side clicking things could look really promising.[/quote]

I think we have him in Raggett.

I rate this lad very highly. Same age as Zim, but with more experience. Whilst I’m not advocating dropping Zim, I would like to see Raggett given his chance too. Zim is doing really well, but not exceptional enough to not consider Raggett getting that chance.

Zim needs to cut the stupid errors out.[/quote]

Raggett will have to wait his chance. The three central defenders in the team at the moment are doing well and none of them deserve to make way. Raggett will have to wait for an injury or suspension.

Jesus Christ Lincoln! It''s like you lost a fiver, found a tenner, and are now complaining it''s not twenty!

Rarely say this but...I agree with Lincoln.

The head tackle only happens because he cocked up in the first place. Yes it was very brave of him but I don''t think mopping up your own mistake makes you a hero.

He’s a very refreshing player.

It clearly means a lot to him to have this opportunity, and he’s sensible enough to show gratitude to those around him, including the fans.

He enjoys the game and it shows. That’s good to see in the modern game, however that shouldn’t excuse any poor performances or silly mistakes. On football ability, the jury is still out for me. He’s inconsistent.

But I do very much enjoy seeing him play.

I agree with your last point Lincoln... The term "Hero" has been bestowed on him too easily here...

You can''t deny the lad''s done well since he''s come here from Regionalliga west in Germany!

Not sure about the Raggett comment either. His chance will come , but he hasn''t grasped it with both hands like Zim''s done yet... (btw I rate Raggett highly too)

Really impressed with how well he has done at this level, quite a surprise really. Looks really intelligent, and capable of big improvement.

Of course he''s made the odd error, but who hasn''t?! Klose is looking like a classy player at the moment, but had a bit of a ''mare over the last few seasons.