Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Wolves fans......

Taken from the first 4 pages of a nine page thread on the Wolves site called "molineuxmix.co.uk" .............

Take nothing away from Norwich they played well.Give some credit to Norwich. Really should be higher in the table based on that showing.Norwich kept ball well but offered little threat.Norwich were good value for their point.Awful 2nd half. Tacticall out done by Norwich.Second half, give immense credit to Norwich, they were superb on the

ball and passed it around us at will. Gutting to concede so late but

nothing less than Norwich deserved. Overall, it alarms me how second-class we looked second half,

technically Norwich were way better and it was desperate defending.Norwich were impressive in the second half, but for all their possession

and nice play they barely had a shot on goal until the end when Ruddy

saved down low, and then a 35 yard hit n hope from Oliviera.Norwich were great in fairness, whether we were slow or what I don''t

know but they fought for every ball and most of the time were first to

it.Norwich outplayed us second half, deserved a point, perhaps not in that fashion though.

Credit to Norwich though for their second half performance. If I was a Norwich fan I’d be buying a lottery ticket based on the few days of huge luck they’ve had!Norwich deserved that draw.

We just switched off after 2-0 and got complacent again thinking it was

done and dusted. Then Norwich suddenly switched on and played a great

passing game that looked straight out of our camp. I didn''t think Norwich were that great, to be honest, and for the most part we coped with them pretty well.

And then there was this..........

Ruddy sleeping.Ruddy, fuming. Useless.Ruddy - 3. - distribution terrible tonight.Ruddy wasn’t great for the entire game, end summed it up.Verdict: The goalkeeper is **** and has needed dropping for weeks. A

complete liability that flaps at every cross, can’t kick the ball but

most importantly can’t seem to stop shots from closer to the halfway

line than his goal.About time people see sense that ruddy is a complete liability !Agent ruddy played well for his old team tonightNuno has a big call on Ruddy.Just seen the last minute goal, sorry but he should be saving that with his ****Why the f**k didn''t ruddy smash the ball up field when there keeper come up for that cornerJust

seen the last goal again, how on earth Ruddy didn''t get to it I''ll

never know. Should have been bread and butter from that range. It was a

good shot don''t get me wrong, but nothing worldly about it. But everyone

makes errors, didn''t think he did much wrong, distribution a bit

suspect.Why is Ruddy still the keeper, even he’s admitted this week he’s been poor.Ruddy was dire, forget the equaliser for a moment, I’m talking about his

distribution throughout, he looks nervous with the ball at his feet and

kicked the ball in to touch too often. Needs to raise his game or

Norris will be taking his place soon. I can not for the life of me believe he has let that in because yes it

was on target but **** me he could save a hundred of them without

conceding, why ducking now John, against your old team. Genuinley fuming at Ruddy but there''s no one that''s going to feel worse than him and on the whole, he''s been pretty good. Even further out on replay than it looked in real time. Got to be 30-35

yards. Not even sure Oliveria caught it cleanly, awful keeping.

Too right dreadful keeping! Ruddy''s performances have been ruddy awful recently. The second goal tonight was unacceptable.It was a good strike but the keeper shouldnt be beaten like that in my opinion. He has looked dodgy for weeks.Ruddy was poor tonight, distribution was terrible and decision making was slow and made the wrong choices.... To be fair to Ruddy the ball bounced pretty much at the perfect spot to

make it a more difficult save. Should have still saved it but not like

it was a ridiculously bad error like the Blues keeper last night.

if the prat in goal had saved an easy shot then we''d be talking about 3 points rather than 1With regards to the calls from some to drop Ruddy, that would be a huge,

huge call from the manager at this point in the season. Ruddy howlers again.

All of which suggests our "downsizing" and "firesale" has been the correct call and we''re back on track. The so called Webberlution is working and things are looking good.I couldn''t miss this quote out.......

16 Prem scouts and Mendes there tonight. No doubt all eyes were on Maddison. What a player he is.

I don''t think we have much chance of keeping him beyond the summer so let''s enjoy him while he''s here, he''s a breath of fresh air.

OTBC.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]How do they feel about Ryan Bennett?[/quote]Not a mention in those four pages.[/quote]

It may not be from 4 pages, but I remember seeing one Bennett mention in the quick search I did on the same thread. Something along the lines of.

“MGW gets recognition among the averageness tonight. Special mention for Bennett too”

It’s my understanding (not based on that paraphrase alone” that they seem relatively happy with Benno.

Although I expect they will upgrade both our ex players upon promotion.

I like Leitner - but not sure where the incredible levels of praise are coming from. Wasn''t amazing against Ipswich, and

didn''t really outshine Vrancic at all last night.

That said, I think there''s a hell of a lot more to come from him and would also be very happy if we managed to sign him permanently.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Wolves fans always seem to be full of themselves, so it''s good to see some of them saying we outplayed them and we were the better team. [/quote]

Quite

Also quite interesting that we as fans seem to get a bit of stick from time to time for hyping up whether or not we sell out most games. But on the website Lappin links to, they have a relatively big thread of “we’re going to have a near max attendance again!” “Only 400 tickets left with 3 hours to go!”

No one seems to mention or care that their average attendance was pee poor prior to this seasons mass investment.

I like Leitner - but not sure where the incredible levels of praise are coming from. Wasn''t amazing against Ipswich, and

First time I had seen him last night, so can''t say much other than what I saw.

Seems a typical Farke player really. Fairly comfortable on the ball, looking to link play. Didn''t see that he was looking to expand the game much whereas Vrancic will look to pick a longer pass.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I like Leitner - but not sure where the incredible levels of praise are coming from. Wasn''t amazing against Ipswich, and

Seems a typical Farke player really. Fairly comfortable on the ball, looking to link play. Didn''t see that he was looking to expand the game much whereas Vrancic will look to pick a longer pass.[/quote]I would have exected there t be a few few scouts, and interested partys. That is what their job is and there weren''t many games last night.We looked good in the second half, frustratingly good - as the Wolves chap pointed out. Huge amount of well controlled possession but little end productWe scored against the binners by direct play and a header. We scored against Wolves with a header from a corner ... the proceeded to play short corners. However by the second half we look to have ''mastered'' Wolves and you would think it was us seeing out a win.Talking of ex City players have any of the ''big'' names done well since we ''moved'' them on ?

That was interesting, thanks Lapps, although the Wolves fans only had to ask, and we would have told them that Ruddy''s kicking from hand, has never been good!

[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]I like Leitner - but not sure where the incredible levels of praise are coming from. Wasn''t amazing against Ipswich, and

Seems a typical Farke player really. Fairly comfortable on the ball, looking to link play. Didn''t see that he was looking to expand the game much whereas Vrancic will look to pick a longer pass.[/quote]I would have exected there t be a few few scouts, and interested partys. That is what their job is and there weren''t many games last night.We looked good in the second half, frustratingly good - as the Wolves chap pointed out. Huge amount of well controlled possession but little end productWe scored against the binners by direct play and a header. We scored against Wolves with a header from a corner ... the proceeded to play short corners. However by the second half we look to have ''mastered'' Wolves and you would think it was us seeing out a win.Talking of ex City players have any of the ''big'' names done well since we ''moved'' them on ?[/quote]

Steve Bruce, Mike Phelan, Chris Sutton

I agree with the comments on Leitner- he looks very neat and tidy and moves the ball around well but I''ve not seen much in the way of penetration from him.

[quote user="king canary"]I agree with the comments on Leitner- he looks very neat and tidy and moves the ball around well but I''ve not seen much in the way of penetration from him.[/quote]It''s a bit early to tell but he''s definitely played some great penetrating passes into the oppositions penalty area, he was involved in both penalties at Derby.

Our movement off the ball is slow and pedestrian, it needs a lot of work to sort that out but when we do we will be some team.

We made it even harder for ourselves on Wednesday by playing so much in front of Wolves through the centre and down the left side in the second half. It was hard to see from the ifollow pictures why that was, but certainly Reed seemed to be popping up on the left flank occasionally?

After the subs the width was so much more evident. Presumably this is the way we had been instructed to play, by being more expansive at the end of the game and it worked. Have to wonder however if we had made the subs sooner might we have won it. Still the manager got us a great result and he deserves huge credit.

Saw some youtube stuff from Wolves supporters and it may be that they weren''t a fair cross section but they all seemed to have some anxiety about the way the team plays.

I may be wrong but they seemed shocked that they had been outplayed but couldn''t find it in their hearts to praise us. They were more concerned that they weren''t up to the mark themselves. And to be fair, on that performance alone, you wouldn''t see them remaining in the Prem for more than one season.

To be fair, as with any side, it''s probably more about the money they spend and who they bring in next season rather than anything that happens in this season. So maybe they''ll be OK as they should have enough to get out of this division now.

We made them look proper ordinary and outplayed them completely in the second half. I''ve got to say, without the tidy margin they''ve built themselves, I''d be worried as a Wolves fan if they got into a scrap at the top. Didn''t seem like they had the bottle to grind it out if they needed to.

I''m the annoying bloke, at each game, who keeps shouting about movement.

I watched a Barcelona game, the other week, and deliberately didn''t watch the ball, just when Barca had possession, just what their players, who were not in possession, did, and they were fluid, and a delight to watch. Constantly finding space, to offer the ball player 2/3/4 options.

Now I am not saying we will be the next Barcelona, but there is so much more to learn from that level of side. At our level you don''t need the skills of Messi etc, you just need an open mind, and be more instinctive.

Our lack of movement could be because our players are still trying to understand, and play, the Farke way, but that is certainly one massive part of our game that could be improved massively, and to create havoc.

To be fair Crabby, Barcelona''s first option is to attack within their style and tactics.

I am not so sure they are a part of DF''s tactics at the moment.

I do agree our movement off the ball is shocking at times but three at the back sometimes condenses the play too much for the wide players. For instance, I don''t think Murphy has benefited from it so far, but as a team we are playing better.