Sign in to follow this  
NCFC123

Wes Hoolahan

Why is this legend not even around the team no more?

Heard from a good source he is match fit, and out of favour..he didn’t even go to the match Sunday bcos he was guttered not to be even in the managers plans...help this man get the testimonial he deserves surely that should been more important than the “Inter Milan legends match”.

Happy to give Wes a restimonial on his way out of the door. High earner and too old. Perhaps Villa might want him although he is the right age for the bin men.

I''ll play devils advocate and say that he''s out of contract in the summer, and he''s nearly 36.Farke''s playing a 3-4-3 which means it''s Murphy/Hernandez/Watkins fighting to play with Maddison. Just too many players ahead of Wes, and Farke''s clearly looking to develop the players he''s brought in.From the comments, I''m pretty sure he''s getting the testimonial.

I’m sure he will definitely get the testimonial, but I’m

Sure the players have to sort it out themselves and with the Inter Milan match its gone down the pecking order , I believe the club he will be playing against will be the club he will be going to next year as part of the deal.

As for him getting in the current line up, fair play he might be out of favour but with his experience and with Pritchard going.. we are relying on Maddison.. he is a player who can turn a match around in a split second and i thought the Ipswich game was calling out for him and it would of been his final game against them, which throughout the many years he has been vital and huge part of beating them

I thought he''d been missing out on the squad due to the home grown quota, but someone has told me Wes has actually been injured.

Anyone know if he is actually injured?

Farke asked about it in his post match presser, and it''s as any norwich fan should have deducted really. Maddison and Leitner are ahead of him in the 10 position and he isn''t a winger.Says he''ll likely be involved  over the coming month.

[quote user="NCFC123"] I believe the club he will be playing against will be the club he will be going to next year as part of the deal.  [/quote]
How and why would that make any sense at all? 
I would think it would be against his first club from Ireland (Shelbourne I think?).
Either that or it''ll be one of the big boys. Shelbourne most likely though.

I fail to see where the Inter game has any bearing on this. The Inter game is a fundraiser for the CSF and as such it will more likely to be Jamie''s game that''s put back.

I don’t feel Wes is being treated particularly well. He’s played well during his recent limited run outs and I think he should still be on the bench. To see the likes of Watkins selected ahead of him is a pity. I hope it doesn’t all end on a sour note. There does seem a pattern under this regime of higher earning senior players being snubbed once not in the starting 11.

With Madders likely to leave and Leitner staying uncertain I would quite like to see us sign up Wes for another year.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don’t feel Wes is being treated particularly well. He’s played well during his recent limited run outs and I think he should still be on the bench. To see the likes of Watkins selected ahead of him is a pity. I hope it doesn’t all end on a sour note. There does seem a pattern under this regime of higher earning senior players being snubbed once not in the starting 11.

With Madders likely to leave and Leitner staying uncertain I would quite like to see us sign up Wes for another year.[/quote]
The reason Watkins etc are selected ahead of him is that they are "homegrown" and Wes is not. We''re literally hitting the minimum quota with Watkins etc involved.
I''d like to see Wes involved more, but Maddison and Leitner are ahead of him in the pecking order (probably rightly to be fair) so how many of your matchday 18 are you going to dedicate to very similar types of player? 
Wes will get more opportunities for us this season, he''s a bit of a victim of circumstance here though - you don''t drop Madders for anyone, ever. You bring Leitner in on loan, presumably hoping to keep him next year so it''s difficult to not have him involved when Wes is 36 and out of contract. I don''t think Wes is being treated badly, I think he''s just unfortunate. 

I don''t think he is being treated badly either.

I do think he is, with Maddison, a flair type, off the cuff player, and has a part to play in the squad. The way Maddison gets kicked around, he isn''t going to last every game. So I would like to see Wes accommodated on the bench if possible.

I don''t think Leitner plays anything like Maddison or Wes so don''t see him as comparable. And I did mention on the match thread last night that I do find our style of play slow and predictable too many times and worry that we are robotic and shudder at the thought of us without Maddison or Wes.

Having said that, we played Wolves off the park second half although didn''t look like scoring and Oliveira''s equaliser was inspirational at the very least.

Definetly not injured, swinging golf clubs at a driving range while Norwich was about to ko against Ipswich clearly says something 🤷🏼‍♂️

Odd that some feel we owe Wes anything. More so given how much cricism is often heaped on managers for sticking with their favourites.Wes has been a delight to watch over the last decade (?) and is the sole survivor of a memorable time in the club''s history. But I''m sure he has been paid accordingly.Farke owes him nothing. Farke/Webster''s job is to push the club onHowever there are thousands who will want to see a testimonial, to show their appreciation for what he has done, and what he has been to the club. It''s a shame that this is a World Cup year as it might affect players available for such a game.It needs to be someone like Celtic who not only will bring a great following but will give the occasion the prestige both it and Wes deserve. Imagine Holty, Chris Martin, Ruddy, R Martin and numerous others from that great decade pitching up.................... that''s if the play offs don''t get in the way

[quote user="nutty nigel"]https://www.facebook.com/CGoreham1982/videos/1177550435713047/

Could someone make it clicky for me.[/quote][url]https://www.facebook.com/CGoreham1982/videos/1177550435713047[/url]In firefox you can just put [ url ] before the start of the link and [ / url ] at the end (minus the spaces)

When Maddison goes this summer. City''s creativity will be adversely affected, I feel Wes may need to be included next season unless DF has an eye on who can replace JM. Another year for Wes on a smaller wage might be in the interest of both parties.

Leitner could be that creativity if we can sign him up.

Well, listening to that interview - before Leitner arrived he still wasn''t playing so I guess it''s time over for him at the club.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Happy to give Wes a restimonial on his way out of the door. High earner and too old. Perhaps Villa might want him although he is the right age for the bin men.[/quote]

Wes has done more for this club than you ever will pal... Another legend being treated like crap by our caring community club (see Hucks etc.)

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Farke asked about it in his post match presser, and it''s as any norwich fan should have deducted really. Maddison and Leitner are ahead of him in the 10 position and he isn''t a winger.Says he''ll likely be involved  over the coming month.[/quote]It''s a bit short-sighted to alienate him if Maddison and Leitner are possibly not here next season.

Well, he''ll be 37 and definitely not up to playing every single game. There''s no doubt we''ve already got replacements lined up, regardless of whether Madders stays or not.

Exactly mike... Wes being the quiet little Irish magician will no doubt get treated unfairly after such a long career here 😬

In my opinion I think moritz leitner is no where near as effective as wes, and I doubt he will be here next season either.. Maddison will no doubt be off.. then what creativity have we got?

I don''t really know what people expect, at 36 going on 37, he really isn''t going to feature for us that much any more, if at all. If he is still fit and has the enthusiasm, his bet bet for a new challenge imo is the MLS.

Just to be clear, Wes is one of my favourite ever players, he is also my 12 year old son’s favourite player. So without a doubt he is a legend in our house.

But the reality is he is now part of Norwich’s past and not future. To be fair to Farke he gave Wes opportunities in the early part of the season but he failed to deliver. Hence why he fell behind Maddison, Pritchard and now Leitner.

The time is now for fans and the club to move on and find new great players....that doesn’t mean we will forget Hoolahan or shouldn’t thank him for some of my favourite moments as a Norwich fan.