Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Did Alex leave too soon?

See he was on the bench for the second successive game for Huddersfield.

Personally I think he was worthy of a better club, and may have been better to wait for the next window.

As it is he could well be back in the Champs next season.

Why do clubs spend that amout on a player then leave him on the bench, ok if you are a massive club, but not at Huddersfield level.

Still I guess he got used to that treatment under Alex Neil!

In a word, yes.

I''m sure privately he will be thinking about the fact that he would have been practically guaranteed football here, not only that but he''s gone to a team that have imploded in recent months and find themselves in huge danger, second bottom now I think.

I''m sure the money will soften the blow though...

I’m sure financially it was good, but possibly not the best career move. I thought they would have signed him as the attacking spark they needed to stay up - but he isn’t making an impact sat on the bench.

It is abut odd - Huddersfield didn''t have that much money to throw about, relatively speaking, so you''d have thought a player coming in for £12m or thereabouts should be good enough to get a start. Or at least come on in games you''re losing. As a supporter I''d not be too impressed.

Perhaps he isn''t fit enough, or not ready yet as Farke would put it. He hasn''t played that much this season or may be well behind the fitness required for the Premier League.Greedy materialistic person from what I''ve heard, so will be loving the money.

Feel sorry for him. Think he is worthy of a much better and bigger team than Hudds (not being disrespectful to them).

They are in serious trouble now as other teams are picking up.

Glad we got him, shame we sold him, but he only played four for us this season, and don''t think we''ll miss him (looking odds on we''ll see him again next season) but impressed that Farke/Webber are unearthing decent players for us

If he''s better than Huddersfield why isn''t he getting in the team?

He''s a top end Champs and lower end Prem player.

Dunno why he went to a relegation candidate team. Jokes on him.

Will look forwards to chanting "It could have been you, It could have been you, Alex Pritchard it could have been you"

When we are sat on the top of the Champ playing Huddersfield at home next year.

I wonder if fans of SC Paderborn are posting threads about how much Dennis Srebny must regret leaving them, after all he''s not had a minute yet...

I''m sure Pritchard is just fine. The desire to do down players after they leave us for a Premier League team is very petty.

We''ve seen 2 xsnippets of Leitner, and our first glimpse of Onel.

With NO still not getting on scoresheet (2 in 18 now), hopefully we''ll see Dennis soon!

Maybe we over estimate the quality of our players Pritchard was great however I never felt that he really wanted to be hereOlsson, Brady, Fer, Murphy, Snodgrass have not really set the world alight since leavingand as far as Pritchard goes I wish him all the best - he gave his all while here and he''s moved onjust as Maddison, Godfrey, Lewis and numerous others did in joining usHowson was an example how fans and players can both still retain their dignity and respect towards each other

If anything it proves that buying in the January transfer window is a nonsense for both players and clubs - unless you are maybe a Sanchez or some such. It is very difficult for most players to slot straight into a new team mid season - they will always need a bit of a settling in period and that is presumably what Pritchard is going through.   He would have been better to stick out the season with us and then move - at least he would be getting good match fitness training by playing first team football.But then we aren''t really missing him, especially with our own new players settling in.  Huddersfield''s need was greater than ours maybe, but it doesn''t look as if they will be reaping the benefits of Pritchard''s ability until it is too late this season. 

err, it''s not always a nonsense, as''with our own new players settling in''suggests 

[quote user="Hercules"]err, it''s not always a nonsense, as''with our own new players settling in''suggests  [/quote]

It''s a nonsense in terms of clubs spending stupid amounts of money to get players into rescue them in dire circumstances and then not being able to play them because they are not yet in tune with the club they have moved to, which effectively is what Huddersfield have done. As for our own new players settling in, we are building for the future and we haven''t paid stupid money for them, so it is a bit different.   The pressure was on Huddersfield - and they have not reaped imeduate benefits form their purchase.  We can take the decent money we got for a player who only played four(?) matches for us and say thanks very much and we''ll carry on. 

Swindon ,- wouldn''t it be a bit stupid for Huddersfield to spend that much money on a player to help them stay up but discourage themselves from playing him? Perhaps they''re missing Webber''s negotiation skills.

When it comes down to it, I think it was the case that we were open to his sale and so was he, albeit maybe not to Huddersfield, but we wanted the deal to go through and he doesn''t really lose much either way.

When Prtich was sold I was very down on the club, but we seem on the face of it to have used the money for some interesting & exciting prospects and I''m good with that.

It is possible of course that the club were proactive in this transfer. Knowing what they had lined up, and therefore manipulating the scenario that one of Pritchard or Madders were going to boost the coffers

Pritchard didn''t have to go of course but if his wages were dramatically improved??

i think we should put it this way.

If Webber was still at huds this season, do you think he would of sanctioned the purchase of Pritchard for the amount they''re reportedly paying?

my guess would be probably not.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]i think we should put it this way.

If Webber was still at huds this season, do you think he would of sanctioned the purchase of Pritchard for the amount they''re reportedly paying?

my guess would be probably not.[/quote]

Why not? £11 million is a bargain for one for the best English midfielders outside of the premier league.

Why are people forgetting how good he is just because he hasn''t started for Huddersfield yet?

Huddersfields last couple of games have been against Man Utd and Liverpool. So you can understand Wagner being more defensive in outlook. There next run of fixtures is criticl for them, and sees them play Bournemouth, Swansea, West Brom and Palace in the next 5.... They will need to win at least a couple of them therefore I expect we''ll see Pritchard selected, and IMO, start to shine.

It''s early days, but so far he doesn''t look like he''s the sharpest tool in the book when it comes to his own career.

He was allegedly on his way to Brighton when he had a change of heart and came to us. Apparently because we offered more moola. They went up, he stayed down.

Now he''s gone to Huddersfield and looks to have a comfortable seat on the bench for a relegation ride.

Can''t say I''ll be shedding any tears for the lad.

I very rarely say this but...I agree with Lincoln.

Also it is a bit pathetic to say Norwich fans claiming the only reason he would have come here over Brighton last season was money.

"Also it is a bit pathetic to say Norwich fans claiming the only reason he would have come here over Brighton last season was money."

No it isn''t.

Yes it is, Captain Hindsight.

When he signed for us who do you think was favourite to go up? If you really think the only reason someone would have chosen us over Brighton is money then you truly don''t think much of the club do you?

[quote user="king canary"]I very rarely say this but...I agree with Lincoln.

Also it is a bit pathetic to say Norwich fans claiming the only reason he would have come here over Brighton last season was money.[/quote]
I think money would definitely have been a big factor. Us and Brighton were very similarly priced for promotion by the bookies at the time.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="king canary"]I very rarely say this but...I agree with Lincoln.

Also it is a bit pathetic to say Norwich fans claiming the only reason he would have come here over Brighton last season was money.[/quote]
I think money would definitely have been a big factor. Us and Brighton were very similarly priced for promotion by the bookies at the time.
[/quote]I would suggest it was money.However what seems to be overlooked is there is not that much between the bottom half clubs in the PL. At the moment a win can shove you up a few places and a couple of defeats will have you in the bottom three.Pritchard is a very good player - but appears not to be good enough to hit the top six or so. That''s why Spurs let him go. Are there that many English players in the top group in the PL ?Huddersfield are no better and no worse than any of those in the bottom half game of musical cheers and I don''t doubt the wages are not either.He is gone, good luck but goodbye.