Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

Season over

A point simply isn''t enough. 10 points outside the playoffs and no real momentum makes it too much of a leap. I''m really disappointed because I genuinely thought we would make the playoffs. Out lack of firepower and cutting edge is the biggest disappointment.

Hopefully we can build a competitive squad out of whoever we manage to keep hold of and bring in in the summer and hit the ground running next season. I''m fearful that we will lose most of our good players along with any chance we have of promotion.

It might have been over in the summer realy, building process, no restructuring and alignment to a budget quarter of what it was.

Will we be competitive next year, yes of course, will we be top 6? Very unlikely given the money and teams in this league next year!, look at the teams coming down from the premiership, their owners wealth and the parachute money! It’ll be a tough league and top 12 is more likely than top 6.

Probably Nutty, it’s not going to get any easier the longer we’re here, or do you think we’ll have a better chance next season and why?

I guess all those years in the championship sucks out all the joy. You may win a derby next season though. You got a bit Klose this time Bindy...

I think it''s a chance now to try and get the attacking balance right as the play offs look unlikely. Farke to be fair has done a great job with the defensive side which had to be sorted out, now we need to develop the attacking game so we dont look like the only way we are going to win is 1-0.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess all those years in the championship sucks out all the joy. You may win a derby next season though. You got a bit Klose this time Bindy...[/quote]

😂😂😂😂💤💤💤💤 you little comedian, never mind you must have enjoyed all those years under Chase, glory days of Europe and top flight football, far more than these 16 seasons in this league with just the five years of top flight, under the current regime!

A lot of people say we are more suited to premiership type teams and with Wolves up next who knows. I think we would all have taken 4 points from these 2 fixtures.

I know, it’s the hope that kills you.....

@LDC

If you think we can still make the play-offs then fair enough. However you can''t paint anyone who thinks picking up a minimum of 30 points from 14 games as some form of doom monger- they are just looking at what is in-front of them.

Never in a million years are we making playoffs this year. I do remain hopeful for next season though. Lets see how the rest of this seasons goes and hopefully the summer will be a positive one😀

Agree that we can give it a good shot next season, but for me the rest of this is about planning and how we adopt the style either in terms of tactics or personnel. Do we persist with the 3 CHs and limit our offensive options, what do we do life without Maddison, are Murphy and Oliviera suited to the system Farke seems to want?

Leeds draw probably doubles our chances of sneaking into the playoffs; now maybe a 5% chance. We still need a miracle.

[quote user="Frank"]Leeds draw probably doubles our chances of sneaking into the playoffs; now maybe a 5% chance. We still need a miracle.[/quote]Agreed, but I was losing hope when Bristol were 0-2 up.  It keeps the interest alive and gives us something to continue to play for.  We now have a good reason still to beat Wolves. 

The last half dozen or so games have been likely our most hardest run of fixtures consecutively in the whole season and while ive never been one to even think of play offs, fact is with just Wolves to come in this very tricky series of games, we have maintained a status quo on the gap to 6th since we started the run, which in such a topsy turvy season is no mean feat indeed.The season is only over to those who seem to solely rely or think a season revolves around that elusive 6th place. I have never even given it hardly a thought, so the season for me is still full of things to look at, more interesting to me is DF cracking our home form and giving us more goals from the players, then there is the close season, which will be here sooner than we always think and another roller coaster set of changes in the summer window likely. DF is setting the foundations nicely, his next task is building on those foundations, but this is not a quickbuild as some hope it would be, more likely, a steady build up. So i reserve my thoughts for a year or two ahead, this season is only a beginning.

Its not over yet .. even over the next ten days I''d expect things to tighten up - look at these fixtures

Bristol: Fulham (H) Cardiff (A)

Preston: Villa (A), Ipswich (H)

Sheff Utd: QPR (H) Hull (A)

Middlesb: Hull (H) Sunderland (A)

Brentford: Birmingham (H) Leeds (A)

Leeds: Derby (A) Brentford (H)

Ipswich: Cardiff (A) Fulham (H)