Sign in to follow this  
Tired

If you had to keep one: Angus or Madders

As the title suggests, if you could choose between keeping either Angus Gunn or James Maddison here for the entirety of next season, who do you pick?

I think I''d go for Gunny.

Gunn is decent enough but I don''t get the love-in for him; finding a keeper for Champs is relatively easy but Maddison is a game changer and there''s no question he''d be the one to keep.

Gunn is one of the top 3 champs keeper this season. Maddison is THE best player, in any position, in the entire league by some margin and probably one of the best to play in the league in the last 20 years. Maddison has won us far more points than Angus. That''s not to diminish Angus at all - he is a fantastic young keeper and I have no doubt he will have a stellar career at the top level but it''s easier to find a decent champs keeper than it is to find a gamechanger like Maddison. He is unbelievable.

Maddison is the biggest talent to play for this club since Huckerby

Maddison. I had the pleasure to see him play against Coventry pre-season (2016?) Obvious that he was the real deal, a class above everyone else.

I''m nor sure where the dispute is really! Maddison is a top level player who would get in any team in this league. Gunn although he is good could be replaced. I like that hes passionate for us with the youth team links and his dad etc but we''ve proved in the past there are goalkeepers for this league out there.

Madders but if we could get a cheeky player plus £25m cash deal from Man City in summer including Angus I’d be able to accept madders leaving

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Madders but if we could get a cheeky player plus £25m cash deal from Man City in summer including Angus I’d be able to accept madders leaving[/quote]

Can''t imagine being without either of them and just want to enjoy them while they are playing for us, but I like the thinking.  Both may go, but having Gunn back next season would be a bonus to our chances imo.  

Whilst it would definitely soften the blow of Madders leaving, I don''t think it is very likely.

We might forget just how highly rated Gunn is at Man City, he is destined to be their number one within a few years no doubt. I don''t think they''ll let him go, but we might be able to get him back on loan.

Angus is unlikely to be Man City''s No 1 while Ederson is still there as he is way ahead in ability and while Angus will improve, so will Ederson.

When I made the thread I wasn''t expecting the responses to be quite so one-sided!

My reasoning for Angus was that he is probably the best young British goalkeeper right now, he''s ''one of our own'' and the son of a Norwich legend. In that respect, he''s impossible to replace.

My head knows Maddison is the better choice but my heart chooses Angus.

[quote user="kick it off"]Gunn is one of the top 3 champs keeper this season. Maddison is THE best player, in any position, in the entire league by some margin and probably one of the best to play in the league in the last 20 years. Maddison has won us far more points than Angus. That''s not to diminish Angus at all - he is a fantastic young keeper and I have no doubt he will have a stellar career at the top level but it''s easier to find a decent champs keeper than it is to find a gamechanger like Maddison. He is unbelievable.[/quote]

Ruben Neves

I hope you''re right and we keep both, though I expect Maddison will leave for big money. I wouldn''t be surprised if we kept Gunn though, it seems he''s enjoying his time here and being one of our own. Can see it being down to Man City and if they see him in their immediate plans.

A good keeper to is a must, Gunny, is a superb keeper, but Maddison has scored 10 and set up loads too, he’s worth 20 points a season in this league. I’d say keep Maddison for me.

Madders simply because he is our player.

Now if there was any chance outside of dreams that we could make Gunn a NCFC player rather than a MCFC player then I would say Gunn.

Like asking who you''d pick between Ronaldo and Buffon, not really a question is it? 🤔

When I did English Language at the CNS, I would have definitely referred to it as a question.

Just as you have put a query after it.