Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

OT - What A Joke! Spurs Vs Rochdale - Video Replay

This referee couldn''t make a decision without video replay if he was at primary school football game. Either he ( or the system ) needs to be sent back to the FA for further review.

"Why has that been disallowed" asks the ''expert'' commentator about the disallowed penalty. Well son it''s against the rules that''s why...

The issue for me ( and I would guess most football purists ) was the lack of flow in the game during the first half as one decision after another had the referee standing there for what seemed like an eternity waiting for input. It had everyone shaking their heads.

On a different matter I think I could hear the crowd laughing when the referee, having awarded a free kick, pulled out his white marker, cleared the snow so he could spray white when the obvious thing to do was to draw a line across the snow with his foot.

Goals and penalties are automatically checked. The problem is that it''s all taking far too long.

Thought the disallowed goal was very harsh but you can see why it was overturned. Not sure it corrected a ''clear and obvious error'' mind.

It''ll get better and better, and people''s understanding of it will also.

It''ll get more correct decisions given, than without this system, and that''ll stop a lot more of the ranting, posturing and indignation that football has, at the moment. In can only be a good thing

I think that the furore around VAR just shows that people are becoming more impatient-it’s happening in society at every turn, hysteria reigns. God help these people if they ever have anything that’s actually important to worry about. 😳😳😳

I think that the furore around VAR just shows that people are becoming more impatient-it’s happening in society at every turn, hysteria reigns. God help these people if they ever have anything that’s actually important to worry about.

What is so important about football?

And it managed pretty well for nigh on 150 years before technology.

But the self importance of the game at the very top has made the expression "things even out over a season" absolutely redundant.

Referees will be surrounded even more now that they can be bullied into checking the replay.

Call me any silly name like dinosaur if you wish but in my opinion what was a game is now becoming a sterile video game.

Who will XBox sponsor first?

And while I typed the previous post, I enjoyed listening to NA NA HEY HEY by Steam which was used as a great old football chant. That was when the Barclay bothered to sing.

STFU, you are spot on. It is just a small snapshot of the modern World. Sad indeed.

Kg, you and I have a mutual love of Rugby , and the VAR equivalent works very well there. I know it is a different sport, and the dynamics of it, don''t always lend itself to football, but surely it is better to reach the right decision (it will get better, like I said) than have all this faux anger, prevarication and self-righteousness etc that exists now?

Referees (and players/Management etc) will be educated in the process and application of VAR, so the ''bullying'' will be eradicated.

Kg, you and I have a mutual love of Rugby , and the VAR equivalent works very well there. I know it is a different sport, and the dynamics of it, don''t always lend itself to football, but surely it is better to reach the right decision (it will get better, like I said) than have all this faux anger, prevarication and self-righteousness etc that exists now?

That is a fair point Crabby. What I feel about Rugby is that there are several infringements that can lead to a particular incident, that even Nigel Owens wouldn''t spot. Rugby is so much about the players who don''t have the ball that affects the game. Is the player off his feet at the tackle or is the player holding on? Two decisions.

I believe football is far less critical in decision making. and it is only the influence of money that makes it important. It wasn''t brought in, in my opinion, to necessarily get decisions right. It was to appease those that say "what if you were relegate from the Prem because of a bad refereeing decision". Well we could argue we were in the opening game a couple of seasons ago against Palace when Jerome''s great attempt was disallowed.

But that is life and we are still here talking about our club playing, hopefully, at the weekend.

Camborne are at home to Dings Crusaders, league leaders, on Saturday and we just have to hope it goes ahead. We haven''t had a home game since January.

My mate''s son has taken over the coaching again at Camborne after a bad run and we have won every game since he did and are safe from relegation now.

Was in NZ most of February and an All Black shirt is about £80! A Hurricanes shirt is even more.

And we think we are ripped off buying NCFC kit.

I totally agree that a lot of ''Top'' football reasons are purely money driven, and the ''common fan'' is cottoning onto it, and life is slowly changing on that score. (empty seats etc)

Loved the Nigel Owens reference!

Good news for Camborne, and hope you can go from strength to strength.

Where were you in NZ (you lucky bugger!), was it Wellington? Have you rellies there?

Where were you in NZ (you lucky **!), was it Wellington? Have you rellies there?

We lived there in the 70''s (thank goodness I missed punk) in Wellington, the home of Rugby despite what the South Islanders say.

Yes, my in laws still live there, in Levin where Horowhenua have their stadium.

Didn''t manage to get back to Wellington and the Hurricanes were in Australia attending a training tournament anyway.

Ha Ha. I have rellies in Auckland, and have been 3 times myself, and they don''t listen to the South Islanders either, when it comes to Rugby!

My Bro-in-Law took me to a Blues pre-season training session a number of years ago , and we managed to get a quick conversation, and photo with Sean Fitzpatrick.

Not familiar with Levin, but we probably drove through there, on the way up from Wellington to Palmerston North, for a game during the 2005 Lions tour.

My cousin and his good lady (a Kiwi) live in Wellington too! I also have freinds in Auckland. I visited NZ around 2003/4 and it was absolutely amazing! Loved it. I managed to get around both islands a bit, which was nice

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I think that the furore around VAR just shows that people are becoming more impatient-it’s happening in society at every turn, hysteria reigns. God help these people if they ever have anything that’s actually important to worry about.

What is so important about football?

And it managed pretty well for nigh on 150 years before technology.

But the self importance of the game at the very top has made the expression "things even out over a season" absolutely redundant.

Referees will be surrounded even more now that they can be bullied into checking the replay.

Call me any silly name like dinosaur if you wish but in my opinion what was a game is now becoming a sterile video game.

Who will XBox sponsor first?[/quote]I don''t subscribe to the ''things even out'' mantra.  There has always been bias towards the big clubs IMO, and VAR is the way to fairly address the balance. Also if a goal is scored in a cup final or on the last day of the season for the league winners, that wins the match and should not have been a goal, how does that get evened up when there are no more games to play.