Sign in to follow this  
westcoastcanary

Site slow to refresh or update after posting

Is anyone else experiencing this? For the last week or so I''ve found the site taking an age to respond when I refresh it, or when I click on Reply or Quote, or when I hit Preview, Edit or Post after writing a reply. Appears specific to the forum; I''ve no problems with other sites or my broadband connection.

I blame this new system the Pinkun has introduced, whereby the speed of loading is related to the slowness of thinking of the person posting.

Must admit. it is slow today. 15 seconds to post.

I know I''m in Cornwall so have to expect some delay as it has to travel such a long way and perhaps my fibre otic is frozen on Bodmin Moor.

Wasn''t working for me earlier when I tried to do my picks but lets face it the software is so out of date now and with 14 years of posts on here it will slow down & the day will come when it cranks to a halt.

[quote user="Diane"]Wasn''t working for me earlier when I tried to do my picks but lets face it the software is so out of date now and with 14 years of posts on here it will slow down & the day will come when it cranks to a halt.[/quote] Yes, the messageboard software needs replacing, but this thread was prompted by a specific issue which I only started experiencing about a week ago. Not every glitch is necessarily attributable to the hopelessly outdated software and doing so means some easily fixable issues may remain unfixed. 

I have found the same. I haven''t been on for a few days though, and it seems back to "normal" now. Albeit, still a bit slow compared to other sites!