Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Barnsley match on the official "At Risk" list

Wonder what they mean by ''ahead of''? Sooner rather than later would be good.

I''d be happy if it was off - it''s an easy away trip for me - only an hour or so up the road but I''m taking the little one to Teletubbies live and it doesn''t finish until 2:15 so by the time I''ve got home I''d have no chance. Postponed to a later date would be fine by me!

I''d be happy if it was off - it''s an easy away trip for me - only an hour or so up the road but I''m taking the little one to Teletubbies live and it doesn''t finish until 2:15 so by the time I''ve got home I''d have no chance. Postponed to a later date would be fine by me!

Or is this really in the area of "the autograph isn''t for me of course, its for my son".

Sheffield Utd game was called off early this afternoon due to adverse conditions, worries about adequate stewarding & safety for fans re travel and surrounding areas

Would be surprised if ours wasn''t called off too tomorrow too

It needs to be called off sooner than laterIt will be the safety of supporters rather than the pitch condition

[quote user="hogesar"]Teletubbies live sounds like something the devil himself invented.[/quote]The one with the handbag is apparently queer.

[quote user="Len"][quote user="hogesar"]Teletubbies live sounds like something the devil himself invented.[/quote]The one with the handbag is apparently queer.[/quote]Now what is it about this that makes me think Len isn''t a millennial ? [:D]

[quote user="Diane"]Sheffield Utd game was called off early this afternoon due to adverse conditions, worries about adequate stewarding & safety for fans re travel and surrounding areas

Would be surprised if ours wasn''t called off too tomorrow too[/quote]Judging by the picture of the car park outside Oakwell which is up on the Barnsley FC site right now it looks highly unlikely the match will go ahead.

[quote user="Len"][quote user="hogesar"]Teletubbies live sounds like something the devil himself invented.[/quote]The one with the handbag is apparently queer.[/quote]
And the green one is actually black  if you look at the face, it is far darker than the others.
Imagine you''re probably apoplectic now.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Diane"]Sheffield Utd game was called off early this afternoon due to adverse conditions, worries about adequate stewarding & safety for fans re travel and surrounding areas

Would be surprised if ours wasn''t called off too tomorrow too[/quote]Judging by the picture of the car park outside Oakwell which is up on the Barnsley FC site right now it looks highly unlikely the match will go ahead.[/quote]Any cars parked at a jaunty angle?

News just in this second - pitch inspection planned today.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/pitch-inspection/

"The pitch is one of the factors that will determine whether the game can go ahead or not."I doubt the pitch will be up to it, unless they have undersoil heatingthe factor that will determine it will be the state of the area around the ground - which I suspect will still be icy, and so deemed unsafe

[quote user="Hercules"]"The pitch is one of the factors that will determine whether the game can go ahead or not."I doubt the pitch will be up to it, unless they have undersoil heatingthe factor that will determine it will be the state of the area around the ground - which I suspect will still be icy, and so deemed unsafe[/quote]They''ve got undersoil heating but as you say that''s not what usually causes the problem in going ahead with the game.If it''s called off it will be a pity for anyone with pre-booked train tickets but with TV now moving things around willy-nilly thay''s always a risk anyway.

RE the pre booked Train tickets. I have some from London to Barnsley, I take it the Train companies don''t care and won''t refund me the money?

S c um game has been called off!

Sheffield United game, 20 miles from Barnsley called of yesterday!

The area around Barnsleys ground is hilly and the pictures from outside the ground doesn''t look good.

Common sense says call this one off ASAP!

[quote user="TommyBoy"]RE the pre booked Train tickets. I have some from London to Barnsley, I take it the Train companies don''t care and won''t refund me the money?[/quote]what''s the difference between booked and pre booked ?

The pitch is only a small factor, as long as there''s not much more snow it''s unlikely to fail an inspection due to the time they''ve still got to clear and sort it.

It''s more likely to be travel disruption/safety of the roads and areas around the ground, the key is safety to the general public/supporters.

Re: train tickets. With enough notice, they might refund or at least let you change the tickets to another date. Obviously, each policy depends on the company you booked the tickets with and/or the service provider you''re using

Most of the train companies are being very flexible at the moment. Contact East Midland Trains on Twitter and see what they say.

It should never have been dragged out this lateAs to the pools panel there is some interesting stuff here"This is a team of experts employed by the TFP (The Football Pools) who

will decide the outcome of the game at half and full time based on the

teams form and ability. The panel is currently made up of Tony Green,

Gordon Banks and Roger Hunt who have been responsible for setting match

results for over 30 years."
Great news for those who want a ''flutter'', and for thos who want to see how we are currently measured

ps will either we or Barnsley be ''better'' when we do finally meet ?

ps will either we or Barnsley be ''better'' when we do finally meet ?

I expect the panel are bound to go for a 1-1 score draw. Both played 34 games and both scored 34 goals.

It appears the pools panel cannot meet due to adverse weather conditions, so hopefully they can get some other blokes together to predict how the pools panel would have decided