Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Brilliant Farke Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JPAUcoL0e8

For me it confirms what I''ve sen happening this season.

He''s such an intelligent, rational guy - but with a sense of humour & a real passion for the game.

The German culture produces superb machines, epitomes of engineering development; they are now applying this technique to fussball!

Many non sense also ...

"In basketball tennis and handball always better team win" lol

Unbelievable really :)))

I not agree that we create many chances and same time we attack with only few players in final 3rd.

In this situation no doubt you will score not many goals of course.

If Maddison not score fk and outside box can be ever worst than that and easy just above relegation.

He say last topic is to start scoring more but I''m sure if this happen we must be more risky situated and no doubt we will start conceded more of course.

I fully agree that with so many changed rooster this season and high pay players must move is very difficult to work especially with high expectations.

I like Farke.

I also think, all things considered, hes done a pretty good job thus far.

Said from the start a huge improvement on that little Scot with a chip on his shoulder, much more composed and can see his ideas.

Just a shame we don’t have the funds to allow him to get the better players in, I’m pretty sure we’d be top 6 next season with a decent investment this summer.

Unfortunately it sounds like we’ll need to off load more high earners or sell our assets to cover wages next year on journeymen bought by AN.

I like Farke too. An intelligent guy with a clear sense of how he wants us to play which we are seeing more and more of.

In Farke I trust.

Does he need a new deal? The idea of DoF is that coaches can come and go - but a lot of this squad are here because of him.

Has he done enough to deserve another year on his deal?

I think he needs another deal - yes things aren''t perfect, but he is a clever coach, who has come in at a very tough time, with huge player turnover.

If we are going to build on this model, it needs time - constantly changing your coach would not allow his vision to develop - he could also get poached by another club!

Next season Farke will take us to 6th place and we''ll get promoted via the playoffs. He''ll then have the next two seasons with us where we will look a comfortable mid-table PL side. Whereupon Fake will then leave us to become the new Dortmund head coach and lead the Herman side to Champions League glory.

However, he won''t forget the brilliant times he had with NCFC and we will get a supply of some of the best up-and-coming German talent here on loan plus first refusal on some good squaddies. I saw this in the morning''s tea leaves.

On the subject of the unfairness of football and not getting our just deserts, I''ve been looking recently at the expected goals stats for our matches this season, prompted in part by the increasing frequency of after match comments by DF to the effect that, despite the disappointing result, we played well and were the better team (on occasion, much the better).
So I came up with a tripartite classification of matches according to how closely the actual result reflected the relative performance of the two teams as measured by their xG on the day:
1. Just deserts: both teams got what their performances merited
2. We wuz robbed: we got fewer points out of the game than the performances of the two teams merited
3. Smash''n''grab: we came away with more points than the performances of the two teams merited
Of our 34 games to date, in 17 we got our just deserts, in 10 we wuz robbed, and 7 were a smash''n''grab raid on the opposition. The 10 in which we were robbed and ended with fewer points than the performances merited were:
Sunderland (H)   Result  1:3   Merited: Draw
Burton (H):  Result  0:0     Merited: Win
Hull (H):   Result 1:1    Merited:  Win
Derby (H):   Result  1:2   Merited:  Draw
Bolton (A):  Result  2:1   Merited:  Draw/+         + means "or better"
Forest (A):   Result  1:0   Merited:  Draw
Leeds (A):   Result  1:0   Merited:  Draw
Brentford (H):   Result  1:2   Merited: Draw/+
Derby (A):   Result  1:1    Merited:  Win
Bolton (H):  Result 0:0    Merited:  Win
Our 7 smash''n''grab raids on the opposition were:
Sheffield Utd (A):   Result  0:1   Merited:  Draw/-     - means "or worse"
M''borough (A):   Result  0:1    Merited:  Loss
Reading (A):   Result  1:2    Merited:  Draw
Ipswich  (A):   Result  0:1    Merited:  Draw
Preston (H):   Result  1:1    Merited:  Loss
Burton (A):  Result 0:0    Merited:  Loss
Brentford (A):   Result 0:1    Merited:  Draw/-
In terms of points, on this basis we have been robbed of 14, but have plundered 13 in return, so overall the conclusion would be that the 47 points amassed to date are much what our performances over the season deserve.

So based on that Westy we are where we deserve to be in the league, the league is a good judge of how good we are compared to other clubs and we’re probably not going to make the top 6 this season?

I don’t think we’re anywhere near the strength to get top 6 next season, we need to get in at least one decent striker, keep Klose, a Maddison and replace the likes of a very good Tettey on a tight budget.

Give Farke the same budget as AN got and we’d be right up the top next year.

This summer will show just how good Webber really is for our club.

[quote user="Indy"]Said from the start a huge improvement on that little Scot with a chip on his shoulder, much more composed and can see his ideas.[/quote]I completely agree. In many ways Farke is living up to the sort of billing Alex Neil had when he arrived, ie a young hungry manager who would play excellent football.Neil was found out the moment we got promted, he was completely out of his depth, whereas I''d predict that Farke would take to the PL like a duck to water. The Arsenal and Chelsea cup matches perhaps provide an inkling of Farke''s potential should we get promoted under him.

Totally agree Fenway. It''s just another mathematical model that seems to be getting way too much publicity!

I still cannot see where the belief that DF is going to turn us into a promotion team comes from.

I think it is more in hope than based on any performance based logic.

Sorry, not sharing the belief that things will be much better next season

Yes he''s been able to organise us in such a way that has been effective away from home in getting some impressive results this season....but at home we have let a lot of ordinary /poor sides get out of carrow Rd with points this season....and in many cases I wouldn''t gave considered too many of those occasions to have been difficily tactical obstacles for Farke to have overcome even with the squad he has had this term.

Not enough evidence as yet that he can change or adapt a team to an opposition or an in game situation for me as yet......guess we''ll know a lot more come Christmas and mud way through his second season

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]This expected goals thing is the most pathetic stat ever.[/quote] Would you care to explain FF? I mean, do you think that assessing the extent to which a road junction is dangerous by the frequency of accidents occurring at that junction is equally "pathetic"?