Sign in to follow this  
Len

Traffic Report - tldr it's bad!

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]I clear the snow from the footpath outside my home, why not?

If there is packed snow or ice under the top layer then I am making it more slippery and so I put grit on it.

I''m careful where I put the shovelled snow too.

If people were that worried about footpaths so many selfish morons wouldn''t park on them.[/quote]

Where do you put the stuff you shovel? Simply moving it might inconvenience somebody else. I cleared the footway outside work again this morning but felt bad that it may have impacted those frequenting the halal butcher. In the end I dumped it in the road. They get gritted. Was I correct?

[quote user="Les"]Hope you''re not the same guy I saw reversing up a slip road on the A47 at Postwick a few weeks ago because they didn''the know where they were going?[/quote]I''m afraid you''re getting off topic now. This thread is a hub of information and shared experiences about the snow-related travel conditions.

Went to from Swindon to Nottingham and back again today, loads of snow about and much of the motorway was only two lanes, due to the outside lane covered in snow. Only one scary point when a lorry started drifting sideways towards me, luckily the driver managed to correct it in time. doing it all again on Sunday with a stop over at the NEC  (World indoor athletics champs)Giving Barnsley a miss. this w/e 

[quote user="Len"][quote user="Les"]Hope you''re not the same guy I saw reversing up a slip road on the A47 at Postwick a few weeks ago because they didn''the know where they were going?[/quote]I''m afraid you''re getting off topic now. This thread is a hub of information and shared experiences about the snow-related travel conditions.[/quote]You''re forgetting '' Len''s Guide To Lovemaking '' [;)]

A47 and A11 both completely fine today, only problem areas are back roads/country lanes and those affected by drifting snow.

With the temperatures set to rise today, it all depends on what falls out the sky tonight as to whether things are tricky tomorrow

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]I clear the snow from the footpath outside my home, why not?

If there is packed snow or ice under the top layer then I am making it more slippery and so I put grit on it.

I''m careful where I put the shovelled snow too.

If people were that worried about footpaths so many selfish morons wouldn''t park on them.[/quote]

Where do you put the stuff you shovel? Simply moving it might inconvenience somebody else. I cleared the footway outside work again this morning but felt bad that it may have impacted those frequenting the halal butcher. In the end I dumped it in the road. They get gritted. Was I correct?[/quote]

I put it onto adjacent lawns either my own or neighbours who I know consent.

Much of the snow gone down here in Cornwall and the roads more or less just wet now although a few are slushy.

Still all the schools are shut though.

That is three days they have been closed. I hope the schools remember that when parents want to take kids on holiday during term time.