Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

Why did we take him on?

For the life of me I can''t fathom out why we took on the troubled youngster from Spurs. If he is as good as they say, he would be knocking on the door at Spurs but his attitude seems to be a big problem. If he couldnt make it there why did they think it would be any easier here. Apart from anything else it just seems so ridiculous that someone, with the apparent ability he is supposed to have, would not grasp the opportunity with both hands knowing the rewards that it could bring.

Are we paying all of wages, part of it or none?

Is the loan a crafty move to make sure the club has the minimum required British produced players in a matchday squad?

If the lad needed time away from the London bubble, he''s got it - and it is up to him to take the opportunity. The evidence will be whether he makes it into our first team when fully fit. If he doesn''t, the bottom line will be that his career is under threat, so it is up to him to buckle down, prove his worth and make a contribution. 

Farke said there was no risk for us, meaning Spurs are paying all his wages, what was the point? Well for Sprus they hope this is a make or break moment for the lad and for us its a free talented player potentially.

Maybe as a favour to Pochettino who just wanted to bring him down a peg or two, creating a good relationship with Spurs might pay dividends in other ways in the future. I think the whole bad attitude thing is overplayed, he''s just a young player desperate to get playing and if he really was an issue behind the scenes then I''m sure Farke would''ve sent him packing, likewise Spurs can''t be too upset with how it''s gone so far as otherwise they''d probably have recalled him.

He''s such a talented young player though, as you can see here https://streamable.com/3rgxv or here https://streamable.com/dd9t5 or here https://streamable.com/5yb6p

.... These small technically-gifted players always find it a bit harder to break through in the English game but hopefully this one can get the chance soon.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Everything is for a reason. This loan is part of the deal that will take Maddison to Spurs in the summer[/quote]

I''d thought that too, and maybe this half season is for us to integrate him into the squad ahead of a season long loan next year. Or is that just me making up a conspiracy theory...?

Give the kid a chance.

Not sure why we needed him, but that isn’t his fault. Hopefully he can learn a bit and enjoy himself.

So a sweetener for selling our best player is a 6 month loan of player with an attitude problem who is apparently now fit but hasn''t even made it into the u23''s?

Colour me underwhelmed.

[quote user="king canary"]So a sweetener for selling our best player is a 6 month loan of player with an attitude problem who is apparently now fit but hasn''t even made it into the u23''s?

Colour me underwhelmed.[/quote]

He hasn''t come to Norwich to play for the U23s, he did enough of that at Spurs.

Well he apparently hasn''t come to play in the first team either...

He joined with 19 games left of the season. 7 of those have gone without him even sniffing the first team.

Hardly a high impact signing, based on this I can''t see any reason why we''d want him back next season.

Bit harsh to judge a player we''ve not even seen play yet. It will be interesting to see. Obviously has quite a big reputation for a player who''s not really played senior football.

I think what people are questioning is why we haven''t seen him.

He''s had well documented attitude problem that even Farke has called him out on about a week into being at Norwich.

It is hardly like we''re basing it on nothing.

Maybe we''re running the rule over potentially signing him for the future? Either way, it does seem a bit of an odd one so far. Having said that, he''s competing with Leitner for a spot in the squad who has been impressive so far

My understanding is that, as clubs, NCFC and Spurs have quite a good relationship. Can''t tell you how or why this came about, it''s just something I''ve heard.

What does this current loan bring us - especially if Edwards doesn''t play? Well, it reinforces the relationship and crucially reinforces the idea that we''re a good place for Premier League clubs to send talented youngsters. Living in the financially constrained times that we are this is going to be an important way of strengthening the squad.

Lots of people making stuff up, obviously hoping that their BS won’t be mentioned when it turns out to be exactly that.

[quote user="STFU"]Lots of people making stuff up, obviously hoping that their BS won’t be mentioned when it turns out to be exactly that.[/quote]Which equally could apply to you and your post

[quote user="STFU"]Lots of people making stuff up, obviously hoping that their BS won’t be mentioned when it turns out to be exactly that.[/quote]

Exactly. Up until now we have been pushing an outside chance of the play-offs, plus a previous tough run of games so it seems unlikely he would have figured anyway.

We signed him with the attitude problem well known.

The fact we''ve not seen him isnt a massive surprise when we have had 3 other signings, 2 permanent to integrate into the team. Add to that he has had an injury and theres not really anything to see here.

''the fact we haven''t seen him isn''t a massive surprise.''

I beg to differ.

He arrived before all the other new starters yet hasn''t featured,even though all of the other three have including the guy who''d barely played in a couple of years.

What is the point of a 19 game loan when he apparently isn''t ready to play 6 weeks later.

[quote user="Big Vince"]As well as being a feeder club for the EPL NCFC is now also a rehabilitation clinic for all the EPL misfits.[/quote]As some might suggest this forum similarly acts for your sort

All anybody is doing is speculating.

Maybe we should ask the question again once the season has finished andv we know a few more facts, as well as seeing how many appearances he makes.

I believe he has a slight injury issue, which is why he hasn’t been seen for the U23s also.

He is supremely talented, the attitude problem has been overblown a little bit. Pochettino has mentioned it once and Farke talked about him needing to do more ‘off the ball’ which is more about tracking back than being a bad boy.

I also understand that Tottenham have had a look at Maddison and aren’t convinced he is any better than players they have coming through their academy. I doubt they will be bidding for him.

Norwich got Edwards largely due to Webber’s reputation. Tottenham approaches Norwich and proposed the deal and pay all Edwards’ wages - there was no requirement for him to play a certain number of games etc.

Farke said he is available before the Bolton game.

I just don''t really see much point in playing him now. Not going up or down and it makes more sense to use the minutes to bed in players like Srebeny and Hernandez who will be here next season.