Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

In The Interests Of Balance Re.Foreign Owners.

Quite ironic really that we have a squad full of foreign players, a foreign head coach and foreign staff assisting him yet we must never under any circumstances have foreign owners! How hypocritical is that!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Quite ironic really that we have a squad full of foreign players, a foreign head coach and foreign staff assisting him yet we must never under any circumstances have foreign owners! How hypocritical is that![/quote]Has that actually ever been said? I don''t have the Times  interview to hand to check what was said there. I do remember Michael Wynn Jones (I think it was) making a specific - and valid - point about point the need to be cautious about Chinese owners, given the opacity of their financial circumstances.

Quite ironic really that we have a squad full of foreign players, a foreign head coach and foreign staff assisting him yet we must never under any circumstances have foreign owners! How hypocritical is that!

I doubt anyone has ever posted that we must not have foreign owners.

Nobody is bothered who owns the club as long as they are genuine and financially equipped to run a football club.

Of course we would all like an owner who was a billionaire phlianthropist, we would be mad not to.

As much as Delia and Michael have been with the club, if they left tomorrow it would no difference to my or any others support for the club.

@Keelansgrandad

A certain frequent poster on here has claimed the only reason a forienger with no connection to the club would want to buy it is for criminal/money laundering purposes.

@Purple

I believe one of the Archant journalists quoted MWJ as saying he didn''t want foreign owners at one of the AGM''s.

[quote user="king canary"]@Keelansgrandad

A certain frequent poster on here has claimed the only reason a forienger with no connection to the club would want to buy it is for criminal/money laundering purposes.

@Purple

I believe one of the Archant journalists quoted MWJ as saying he didn''t want foreign owners at one of the AGM''s.[/quote]Thanks. Unfortunately one would need to see the precise wording of the direct quote from MWJ to be sure what he was saying. Meanings so often gets shifted as they get passed on.

Blimey. I can think of less transparent and public entities to launder money.

Of course no one has said it. Just like that nonsense yesterday from Bindy and his "sidekick?"
Explain this strawman thing to me Kingo. I''m not sure but I think it applies here with bells on....