Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

In The Interests Of Balance Re.Foreign Owners.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh dear, here we go again ...[/quote]another day, another barney, with another personhe appears hereon 40 secs

[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh dear, here we go again ...[/quote]another day, another barney, with another personhe appears hereon 40 secs[/quote]I didn''t realise it was a barney but then again i suppose you set your standards by that dreadful EU thread. Tell me have you reached a couple of thousand posts on there yet where insults and name calling are on virtually every page ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh dear, here we go again ...[/quote]Give your mate old Bob the heads up and you can slink off elsewhere and continue your snidey little jibes.

I suppose somebody might get round to discussing the link i put up on here at some stage as it was about a club who until their new foreign owner showed up were considered on here in fairly recent times to be a basket case right up there with Leeds.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh dear, here we go again ...[/quote]Give your mate old Bob the heads up and you can slink off elsewhere and continue your snidey little jibes.[/quote]Perhaps you''d do me the courtesy of telling me how come I''m getting raked into this ''discussion''?  As far as I''m aware, I haven''t posted on this thread, neither have I indulged in ''snidey little jibes''.  I can if you so desire, but it would seem a little childish, as I don''t know what the hell you''re talking about.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh dear, here we go again ...[/quote]Give your mate old Bob the heads up and you can slink off elsewhere and continue your snidey little jibes.[/quote]Perhaps you''d do me the courtesy of telling me how come I''m getting raked into this ''discussion''?  As far as I''m aware, I haven''t posted on this thread, neither have I indulged in ''snidey little jibes''.  I can if you so desire, but it would seem a little childish, as I don''t know what the hell you''re talking about.[/quote]I said ''elsewhere'' and let me help you out with a clue ....silly billy....ring any bells ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hercules"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh dear, here we go again ...[/quote]another day, another barney, with another personhe appears hereon 40 secs[/quote]I didn''t realise it was a barney but then again i suppose you set your standards by that dreadful EU thread. Tell me have you reached a couple of thousand posts on there yet where insults and name calling are on virtually every page ?[/quote]you read that as well !dear me, you are a glutton for punishmentor just a glutton oink oink !

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]It’s perfectly obvious that the thread is about demonstrating that not all foreign owners are bad. Of course, this is in complete contrast to the beliefs of the club majority shareholders and as such it is apparent that our current owners are holding us back by not selling up.

Other posters have also given the names of some other clubs with foreign owners that might consider their glasses to be half full - further clear evidence that all foreign owners are definitely NOT bad as Delia would have us believe.

This thread was only necessary because of the biased position of the board and their supporters. It’s about balance and considering options on their merits.

For balance, it’s worth noting that those advocating foreign ownership apparently reserve the right to change their list demonstrating that they’re “not all bad” to suit the most recent run of form/high profile result/league table. This is purely to provide “to the minute” reflections and is in no way fickle; all references to clubs with foreign owners that no longer appear on the list (you know, like QPR, Hull, Notts County etc) must be struck from the record and as such, any reference to these clubs will be ignored or dismissed as you footballing dinosaurs cherry picking examples. This will be done without any sense of irony.

Anyway, I’m off to update my wardrobe. Got to move my Cardiff shirt back in front of my Villa one. Have Cardiff got a foreign owner....?[/quote]
My Portsmouth and Blackburn shirts are currently in Narnia but I may live long enough for them to make the front rail again....

I got my Coventry one back out when they went on this cup run but i put it away at 5 o''clock tonight and don''t get me started on Portsmouth losing at Southend. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Oh dear, here we go again ...[/quote]Give your mate old Bob the heads up and you can slink off elsewhere and continue your snidey little jibes.[/quote]Perhaps you''d do me the courtesy of telling me how come I''m getting raked into this ''discussion''?  As far as I''m aware, I haven''t posted on this thread, neither have I indulged in ''snidey little jibes''.  I can if you so desire, but it would seem a little childish, as I don''t know what the hell you''re talking about.[/quote]I said ''elsewhere'' and let me help you out with a clue ....silly billy....ring any bells ?[/quote]Of cause it does.  If you were to read it in context, ''silly billy'' rhyming with your commonly used user name of Tilly, nothing more.  However if you wish to take it as a personal insult, that''s your perogative.  Your petty little squabbles with other posters on here, are of no interest to me whatsoever.  Do leave me out of it.  If you have a complaint about a remark made ''elsewhere'', make it ''elsewhere''.

“Give your mate old Bob the heads up and you can slink off elsewhere and continue your snidey little jibes.”

Did you see it for yourself or did you get an e mail telling you about it from Waveney, the bloke you hardly know 😀😀😂

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“Give your mate old Bob the heads up and you can slink off elsewhere and continue your snidey little jibes.”

Did you see it for yourself or did you get an e mail telling you about it from Waveney, the bloke you hardly know 😀😀😂[/quote]Not from Waveney no and it was not via an e-mail either so best you try again with other options.

[quote user="OldRobert"].  If you have a complaint about a remark made ''elsewhere'', make it ''elsewhere''.[/quote]There is a long history of you making jibes about the Pink Un in general and posters '' elsewhere '' so before handing out lectures i suggest if you have a grievance about some of the stuff on here you practice what you are now preaching.

[quote user="Herman"]Pigeon?[/quote]Let''s just say Herman it was somebody prepared to step out from behind their keyboard and make themselves known to fellow posters on this message board and no that is not confined to a pint in The Nelson before that old chestnut gets dragged up. It certainly it certainly does not apply the three on here currently trying to stir the pot.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Til, you seem to have a few issues. I would suggest breakfast in the Townhouse tomorrow morning to resolve these frustrations[/quote]I do not suffer fools gladly so make of that what you will.

What I can’t get my head round, is why certain posters have this view and are apparently very happy to see us sell our family silver to cover running costs of the club, to stay in the second tier of English football yet get all angry about our former British owner who oversaw us in the top flight for such a long time, develop a state of the art training facility, buy land for the club which helped financially and yet he got the pitch fork treatment for running up a minor debt, selling off the best players and relegation from the top flight! The irony is beyond me!

That minor debt as you put it Indy was £6 million most of which was unsecured loans which resulted in Barclays Bank virtually taking the keys to Carrow Road in an effort to get the debt recovered. It was that bad and how much do you suppose £6 million is in todays terms ?

I’d say about 20 odd million, but we are still having to sell our best players to fund a yearly debt, in the second division Til, we’re happy to stick with the current owners and say they’re doing a good job? Why it’s no better than back in 1993, our first premiership season, with respect how many top flight clubs are uk owned? How many don’t have debt against them?

Until football it’s self changes we’re just about treading water, how many years before we’re down to 18,000 average gates and building debt because we don’t have the next Maddison to sell?

Just pointing out we’re in the second tier, our shortfall would have been 7 million had we not made profits on transfers the past two windows, were no better off as a club 21 years later, yet we’re happy and contented why is my question, just because football has moved on? Shouldn’t our club moved with it? Or are we now saying we’re just a mid table championship club and what fat Bob did was really successful to give us 9 seasons of top flight footy, 3rd in the premiership and Europe......wow he did a great job and to only run up 6 million debt including buying land and Colney?

Maybe you can use this as your next blog, Dunc, how far have we come in 21 years, how we compare on the pitch, off the pitch and what the future might bring!

I’m pretty sure your kin will be along shortly to be hooked.

And here’s Numpty!

I’m not sure, I’ll be teeing off at 8 so might catch the match in the bar with a pint of Pepsi. So yes I’m looking forward to tomorrow.

I wonder if our Delia will be wearing her so called dual scarf, just in case the binners win?

So going by that Numpty, you obviously voted with your feet and boycotted the Chase era, shame cause you missed the best years we’ve had in the top flight!

I will never boycott and never have. The joy of supporting Norwich City runs far deeper than the fleeting happiness or frustrations of any results or seasons. However reminiscing is a common theme with your lot Bindy so things are obviously the same in pretence as reality. If you look back hard enough you may remember that last derby win....

Ignoring the fishing trip, it is interesting to look back at the different eras of football.

If you take our season finishing third as a pivot point (convenient not just for our place but because it is the beginning of the Premier League era), in the 24 subsequent seasons just 11 different clubs have finished in the Top 3 and since 1996 only Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham, Leeds and Leicester have been “new entries” (Leeds and Leicester on just one occasion)

In comparison, between 1984 and 1992, twelve clubs finished in the top 3 and counting back to 1969 there were 19 different sides (nearly a whole 20 team Premier League) who ended up in the podium positions.

English football looks very much like Scottish Football now with our top divisions top positions more or less set in stone. People have always been critical of the SPL and other leagues such as La Liga and the Bundesliga for their predictability but the Premier League era has diluted and sanitised our top division similarly. Of course, for Sky Sports that is excellent news. They want the big clubs at the top so they can televise them more often as this is where the big audiences are. Leicester winning the league was ok for one season because it was an underdog living the dream and gave fans all over the country a “it could be us” moment but it was a freak anomaly and Sky wouldn’t want anything as unpredictable to happen regularly, heaven forbid a Spurs or Man U getting relegated like the seventies...

Anyway; I guess with regard to owners this shows that if you have any designs on finishing in the top three of English Football again then we are going to require a massive financial investment that our current owners will never be able to provide. However, even with such an investment there is still virtually no chance of us achieving it. So a minuscule chance or no chance? For some I expect this will overwhelmingly confirm that we need new owners; to me it just further emphasises what a massive and likely unrewarded gamble selling the club would be.

If anyone is interested the list of top 3 finishes from 1993/4 is:

Man U 20, Arsenal 14, Chelsea 13, Liverpool 8, Man C 6, Newcastle 4, Tottenham 2, Blackburn 2, Leicester 1, Forest 1, Leeds 1.

Between 69 and 92:

Liverpool 20, Leeds 7, Man U 6, Everton 6, Arsenal 5, Forest 5, Scum 5, Tottenham 4, Derby 3, Villa 2, Sheff W 1, Crystal Palace 1, West Ham 1, Southampton 1, Watford 1, West Brom 1, Man City 1, QPR 1, Chelsea 1.

Hats off Dunc, that’s actually quite interesting and pretty much sums up why I’ve had enough and become bored of football, 1977 WBA at home my first game, 26 years of season tickets and a lot of away games, the last tree seasons have left me bored.

Coupled with the fans in A block lower Barclay being more focused on battling the stewards because some want to stand all game it has become a chore.

I’ve said previously I’ve maybe been too critical of Delia over the years and only since being a casual not really bothered about the back room running it’s a tad better.

Maybe we’re the lucky fans, we’ve had plenty seasons of top flight footy, we’ve seen us pick up a major trophy and we’ve had the seasons where top three lead to Europe and Munich & Inter, not to mention a very good match v Vitesse.

Sorry Nutty, I shouldn’t really fish too much, but you’re funny how easy it is to get you going........

Football is fundamentally flawed, it’s dull and I’ve got to say I’m looking forward to golf more than the match.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="OldRobert"].  If you have a complaint about a remark made ''elsewhere'', make it ''elsewhere''.[/quote]There is a long history of you making jibes about the Pink Un in general and posters '' elsewhere '' so before handing out lectures i suggest if you have a grievance about some of the stuff on here you practice what you are now preaching. [/quote]Perhaps you''d be good enough to put forward the evidence of this ''long history'' of jibes against this publication and more importantly posters ''elsewhere''.  I think you are getting a little confused, my complaint on here was when you made a remark referring to me when I had not posted, or made any reference to anything on this thread.  You used me as part of some stupid feud you have with Fenway Frank, to which I objected, so don''t lecture me.  Keep your asinine feuds to yourself, and don''t involve others who are not involved, hadn''t said a word, and who don''t give a damn.  End of.