Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

In The Interests Of Balance Re.Foreign Owners.

[quote user="Indy"]What like we did on Naismith, Jarvis & RVW?[/quote]If Alex Neil had his way, and wasn''t beaten by Tony Xia, we''d have spent the money we used on Pritchard and Oliviera on Ross McCormack.

Doesn''t matter where owners come from. There are just good owners and bad owners.

[quote user="GJP"]Doesn''t matter where owners come from. There are just good owners and bad owners.[/quote]Indeed there are GJP . Looking at the current situation Villa are in on and off the field it certainly looks like they have turned the corner under their new owner. Far from continuing a downward spiral in recent years the article shows the club in a good light.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="GJP"]Doesn''t matter where owners come from. There are just good owners and bad owners.[/quote]Indeed there are GJP . Looking at the current situation Villa are in on and off the field it certainly looks like they have turned the corner under their new owner. Far from continuing a downward spiral in recent years the article shows the club in a good light.[/quote]Villa are like a midlands version of Newcastle - they will never live up to their fans'' expectations of being one of the big clubs they think they are and while they might do ok for a while, they will probably drop back down again - unless their owner has bottomless pockets. 

You can’t trust these foreigns. Overseas owners have completely destroyed Manchester City, Leicester City, Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford and so on.

I don’t know, maybe nationality is irrelevant and it just comes down to whether an investor is actually competent?!

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]You can’t trust these foreigns. Overseas owners have completely destroyed Manchester City, Leicester City, Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford and so on.

I don’t know, maybe nationality is irrelevant and it just comes down to whether an investor is actually competent?![/quote]Add Wolves to that list HHS.

They seem to be doing what we''re doing. Maybe there''s something in the sensible approach to financing a football club.

Two Midlands clubs owned by very rich Chinese with serious financial clout whereas Norwich..............

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Two Midlands clubs owned by very rich Chinese with serious financial clout whereas Norwich..............[/quote]All four major Midlands clubs are owned by the Chinese.Wolves look very good, will surely get promoted and stay in the Premiership.For West Brom, Jeremy Peace sold at a great time, but despite promise of Chinese investment, they''re sliding into the Championship.Birmingham are hovering above the relegation zone into league one, behind a myriad of shell companies.With Villa, all Tony Xia seems to have done is inflated the prices of average Championship players. He''s pumped huge sums in, but has a squad worse than Huddersfield and Brighton.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Two Midlands clubs owned by very rich Chinese with serious financial clout whereas Norwich..............[/quote]"Despite the signals and messages coming

out of Beijing, many football fans across the world remain hopeful that a

Chinese investor will rescue their respective clubs
. For the time

being, this seems to be a forlorn hope, though there is evidence that

China remains active in the sector. Notwithstanding investment controls,

there have been recent reports that Premier League Chelsea’s stadium

redevelopment project will be funded by a Chinese investor.

Whether this is the case will remain a

moot point for the time being. However, Chelsea’s location in an

affluent part of London, means the real estate value of any cash

injection that a Chinese investor might make in the club would be

considerable. Indeed, resultant currency flows back into China would

make this an attractive proposition for the country’s state regulators.

And this is what we should all now

accustom ourselves to. President Xi and China’s legions of investors

were never going to be football sugar-daddies
, I said as much in the

early pieces I wrote for this forum. However, this year’s events have

brought clarity and cohesion to our understanding, China’s too, of what

happens next in football."

https://cpianalysis.org/2017/11/24/chinese-footballs-year-of-irrational-investments-and-underachievement/

I think some people have not read the figures in the BBC article as Villa have severely cut their cloth since their owner took over.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I think some people have not read the figures in the BBC article as Villa have severely cut their cloth since their owner took over.[/quote]Yep, they''ve cut it all right........"Aston Villa beat several Premier League teams and a host of others abroad to lure John Terry to Villa Park.

The

former England and Chelsea captain is understood to have agreed a deal

that could see him net in excess of £4 million-a-year when bonuses and

incentives are added in."

[:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I think some people have not read the figures in the BBC article as Villa have severely cut their cloth since their owner took over.[/quote]Yep, they''ve cut it all right........"Aston Villa beat several Premier League teams and a host of others abroad to lure John Terry to Villa Park.

The

former England and Chelsea captain is understood to have agreed a deal

that could see him net in excess of £4 million-a-year when bonuses and

incentives are added in."

[:)]

[/quote]

Aston Villa''s owners, Dr Tony Xia''s Recon Group UK, have made a loss of £14.5m for the 2016-17 season.

That

is a significant reduction on the £80.7m loss in Villa''s Premier League

relegation campaign in 2015-16, their final season before previous

owner Randy Lerner sold the club to Xia.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Aston Villa''s owners, Dr Tony Xia''s Recon Group UK, have made a loss of £14.5m for the 2016-17 season.

That

is a significant reduction on the £80.7m loss in Villa''s Premier League

relegation campaign in 2015-16, their final season before previous

owner Randy Lerner sold the club to Xia.[/quote]NCFC made a loss of £2.7m. Would it be better if it was more?

As I''m struggling to see the attraction of other club''s owners whether they be foreign or not. Where''s the ambition in coveting other people''s money? Back in the day that would have been classed as envy not ambition...

The thread was about Villa and a foreign owner starting to turn their finances around but where Birmingham youth came into it only you will be able to answer that. Your take on it that i am coveting other people''s money is ridiculous and factually incorrect unless of course you can tell me where i said that ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The thread was about Villa and a foreign owner starting to turn their finances around but where Birmingham youth came into it only you will be able to answer that. Your take on it that i am coveting other people''s money is ridiculous and factually incorrect unless of course you can tell me where i said that ?[/quote]
The thread title says nothing about Villa or their owner. The thread title suggests it''s about different clubs and their different types of owner.
Unless you can tell me where it says different.....

It’s perfectly obvious that the thread is about demonstrating that not all foreign owners are bad. Of course, this is in complete contrast to the beliefs of the club majority shareholders and as such it is apparent that our current owners are holding us back by not selling up.

Other posters have also given the names of some other clubs with foreign owners that might consider their glasses to be half full - further clear evidence that all foreign owners are definitely NOT bad as Delia would have us believe.

This thread was only necessary because of the biased position of the board and their supporters. It’s about balance and considering options on their merits.

For balance, it’s worth noting that those advocating foreign ownership apparently reserve the right to change their list demonstrating that they’re “not all bad” to suit the most recent run of form/high profile result/league table. This is purely to provide “to the minute” reflections and is in no way fickle; all references to clubs with foreign owners that no longer appear on the list (you know, like QPR, Hull, Notts County etc) must be struck from the record and as such, any reference to these clubs will be ignored or dismissed as you footballing dinosaurs cherry picking examples. This will be done without any sense of irony.

Anyway, I’m off to update my wardrobe. Got to move my Cardiff shirt back in front of my Villa one. Have Cardiff got a foreign owner....?