Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Flakesnow Generation Confirmed

Means nothing. Not saying it applies to VW but with all this PCP malarky people now drive cars way out of their league.

Besides there''s more beemers on the road than Mondeos so hardly head turning at the bottom end of the range at least.

Very much this. It’s fairly easy to drive a decent car now without truly owning it. Can have something fairly decent for around £300 a month

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I don''t drive any car so it will be interesting to see how successful that makes me. Can you read tea leaves too Rocky ☺[/quote]

I don''t drive a car either, Nutty. I loathe driving so I leave that up to the wife. I guess you and I are in the same boat, or should that be bus?

£300 per month for a decent motor? I have a decent bus for £60 per month, several buses come to that.

Reading tea leaves is a bit tricky as mine come in those little bags.

I don''t drive either. I am/was the world''s worst driver and would probably have died, be incapacitated or killed someone else a long time ago. Cars are weapons in the wrong hands.

I have my bus pass and bicycle and my wife is a good driver so have all bases covered.

So the car is not a status symbol in our house, it is a Hyundaii 10. We also have a little Suzuki that wife uses to drive to the horses and transport hay and straw.

And we have a very nice Motorhome which is perfect for the spring and summer.

But we have them only for their intended use and not for show.

But I understand BMW make a decent car and they are popular so good on anyone who has one. My grandaughter has just sold hers because their third child came along and they now need a people carrier.

What I love about these conversations, where the old guard down their pipes and pontificate about how much harder it were in their day (apart from being hilarious, as this thread shows, and not entirely to be taken seriously) is that the very same older generation abdicate all responsibility for the younger generation''s situation.

Why do all the schools close? Because they don''t want to be liable if little Johnny gets hit by a snowball in school, or little Jane breaks her leg trying to get to lessons on time on the ice. Why did this happen? Because SOMEONE started suing people in these situations, and I can bet you any money you like it wasn''t little Johnny or Jane. ''Health and Safety'' culture didn''t just appear overnight, it was nursed into being by a long line of people on the make.

Similarly, the media - who bought all the newspapers that made the guff spouting, red rag waving tabloids into the overlords that they are today?

And finally, all this bilge about the whole country shutting down - what do you expect? Investing any serious money into grit, snow-plows and so on is the very thing that would require PUBLIC SPENDING, which so many of the nostalgic, brexit-smelling old timers would rather do without. Not to mention the total waste of money it would be to have a real snow response ability for an event that rarely lasts for over one week out of 52.

So, to sum up, it''s all your fault!

[BRACES SELF].

At least I know what a snow plough looks like.

Even with my failing eye sight and empty memory.

Back in my day old codgers used to have to go out in all weathers to collect their pensions. Not like today''s mollycoddled bunch of old farts...

RTB

“Shows VW is a man of great discernment, a man of distinction.”

I doff my boater to thee Sir👍

Problem is the snowflake generation are living too long putting a strain on the NHS and pension funds.......we need to bring in a Logan’s Run cut off point! 😉