Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Team for Tonight

Gunn

Pinto - Klose - Hanley - Lewis

Tettey

Hernandez - Leitner - Maddison - Murphy

Olivieria

Same as Bolton, except Pinto in for Reed to give us a bit extra attacking pace/width on the right.

Also, tactically keep Murphy/Hernandez wide (like 1st half v Bolton) and not naroow (like 2nd half v Bolton)

I''d quite like to see us go back to the back 3 with Raggatt in, Maddison and Hernandez playing off Nelson.

If we''re sticking with a back 4 then I''d go with your line up though Rogue.

It didnt particularly sound like it.

The reasoning for a back 4 though is because v Bolton it was by far and away the best half of football we have seen until we went narrow again in the 2nd half. Add Pinto to that mix & we have an outlet on the right even if Hernandez/Murphy do go narrow

It''s ironic that Klose and Hanley have put in good crosses I recent games. Klose seems to combine well with Lewis when we play the five with genuine wing backs.

I would like us to go back to the back three. Yes it was a good first half against Bolton but the second was awful.

@Hairy

Now that depends on what you expect of the player in that position. i would say Reed is probably the better DEFENDER of the 2, but these days, especially at home, you want your full backs to be providing width. Going forward there is no doubt Pinto is the better of the 2

I don''t think 4-1-4-1 is the way to go tonight. Forest tend to play with two combative players (Ben Watson and Jack Colback) in front of the back four, so I think we need to make sure we match them in the midfield – I''d go back to wingbacks, which had been working well until Klose got injured:GunnHanley Zimmermann/Raggett KlosePinto Tettey Reed LewisMaddison LeitnerOliveiraSubs: McGovern, Raggett/Husband, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Murphy, Hernandez, Srbeny.

I think that''s right Rouge Baboon. Bit of a swings and roundabouts for me.

Assuming Zimm is unavailable and we go to a flat back 4 then I would rather have a full back who can defend.

He was, but who do you replace him with?

Steipermann? He seems to have disappeared lately - can’t remembwr last time he was involved.

Watkins? He really needs to prove himself between now and summer.

Srbeny? I get he’s a striker, but if we are playing narrow could do a job there?

Agreed, Hernandez looked decent, start him instead or bite the bullet and go for both Nelson and Srnbry up front

Agreed, Hernandez looked decent, start him instead or bite the bullet and go for both Nelson and Srnbry up front

The only decent part of that second half against Bolton was when they were both on the pitch.

But I doubt it will enter DF''s head.

Olly possibly dropped as didn''t want to train in the snow last week? Farke joked at the time but you could read between the lines

Strange not to have Olly on the bench, but looks like Farke might be rolling the changes. Still no Edwards?

Edwards seen playing poker with Matt Jarvis, Lord Lucan and Glenn Miller.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Edwards seen playing poker with Matt Jarvis, Lord Lucan and Glenn Miller.[/quote]

Lord Lucan and Glenn Miller i can believe, but as soon as you mentioned Matt Jarvis i knew you were a lying so and so.

For the record, Farke said that Edwards was getting close but not for today. Interesting that Nelson is missing. Maybe you''re right about the snow

For the record, Farke said that Edwards was getting close but not for today. Interesting that Nelson is missing. Maybe you''re right about the snow

I really don''t understand football speak nowadays (here he goes again).

I haven''t a clue what DF means when he says Edwards is getting close.

Is that like the kids game - cold, warmer, warm, very warm etc.?

Is there a quiz he must do well in? Or a beep test?

Is it his back problem healing? Or his attitude improving?

If he is that good, just pick him and unleash him.