Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pinkun posters have given up

At no point have I or will I say we’ve had a successful season. What I have looked for are the positives and what lays in store for the future (short and long term).

My gripe is the extraordinarily short amount of patience some fans have. Modern football I guess, wanting instant success. Still sad.

Returning to the comparisons debate... Chelsea didn’t change philosophy’s under Conte to the extent that Man City have done, and most certainly not to the extent AN is different to Farke. If fans don’t like it, fair enough but the potential rewards were always more than likely going to be after a full season of ups and downs culminating in a mid table finish.

Farke will be (rightly) judged on results next season having had 3 transfer windows and a full season to implement ways of playing. It worked for Huddersfield, Man City. I look forward to seeing what we can do.

[quote user="Mad Steve"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Mad Steve"][quote user="Diane"]Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

On those two outlets you can pick who you speak to, block any trolls and don''t have to put up with the constant arguing

you get on here.[/quote]

Spot on Diane you can choose on social media who you follow and block those with odious views that you don''t want to get involved with. Unfortunately I have a deranged stalker with severe issues who has developed a very unhealthy crush on me. It''s not like I have anything in common with him especially his views on diversity which I find repugnant. Even on twtd you can block these fruit loops but the functionality doesn''t exist on here[/quote]I''m sorry, but what are my views on diversity again? Are you repeating your absurd accusations of racism against me?And you''ve gone to the trouble of creating a parody account to mock me, all because I called you out on your disgraceful and unfounded accusations of racism against fellow supporters, for which you still refuse to apologise… yet I''m the stalker?You''re absolutely pathetic, mate. You need to grow up.

[/quote]

Look up the dictionary definition of stalking I would quite gladly never interact with you again has long as I live[/quote]So setting up a parody account based on my account wasn''t an attempt to grab my attention, then? So transparent, you''re like an eight-year-old mate.

@Hogesar

All the benefits?

A squad low on confidence having just been smashed 7-1?

Trying to embed a an almost entirely new team?

Dealing with the mess left behind by Roeder and Gunn?

I''d say Farke has had many more benefits to work with- several internationals throughout the squad, an exceptionally talented attacking midfielder, two strikers with confidence following on from good seasons.

Define instant success.

I haven’t seen anybody in this thread suggest we should be challenging Wolves. Or do you consider progress at home, and a little bit of consistent home form across 3/4 season, unrealistic and instant success?

Let''s ignore the team that finished 8th in the championship when farke came in then Hog, or do you just want it one way? He''s managed to take a team that scored the most goals ever in a home season to probably the worst, great tactics

Don''t think anyone expects farke to have the same success Lambert did, looking like we might win a home game would be a start though

Yes, this idea that if you aren''t on board with what has gone on this season that you want ''instant success'' is just a straw man.

By most measureable ways of looking at it we''ve gone backwards this season. Less points, less goals, less wins, lower in the table. The only area you can say we''ve clearly got better is we concede less.

Now you can argue that we''re in transition and we''ll see the benefits longer term and fine, that is one opinion. However it also totally valid to be critical of what we''ve seen this season and to question if this strategy is one that will bring about longer term success. There is no right or wrong answer here and the jury is still very much out.

I didn''t expect us in the top two but will admit I''m underwhelmed by how easily our fans have accepted the lowering of expectations. I''d hoped we''d mount a run at the top 6 and I don''t think that is hugely unreasonable or unrealistic.

It''s no surprise people aren''t excited about going to the football any more. It''s been a woeful season at Carrow Road. Only four teams have won fewer home games than Norwich. Even more damningly, only three teams have scored fewer goals at home than Norwich. It''s been one of the dullest seasons ever.

It must be difficult for home supporters, excited for each home game and expecting to see a good win or at least an exciting draw, to have seen some of the less than good performances this season.

Whereas the away support has seen us play well and in fact accrue more points than at home.

But I cannot believe that anyone wouldn''t go to a home match, especially a season ticket holder. The same as I don''t understand those that leave the game early, especially with late goals not unexpected.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Give it up FeedTheWolf. No one cares[/quote]Are you speaking on behalf of everyone, or just for yourself?Do you think it''s acceptable to mock people with mental health problems?Do you think it''s acceptable to accuse your own fans of racism?

[quote user="Mad Steve"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Give it up FeedTheWolf. No one cares[/quote]

Sound of nail hitting head![/quote]Fine, you win.See you all later.Nutty, I''ll Paypal you some PUPs money at the start of next season – I''m not sharing a board with this moron any more, I''ve got better things to do with my life.If sanity does prevail and he''s finally banned for excessive trolling, multiple accounts, parody accounts, accusations of racism and mocking people with disabilities, can someone please drop me a PM? Cheers. Bye.

“Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

On those two outlets you can pick who you speak to, block any trolls and don''t have to put up with the constant arguing

you get on here. “

Looks like Diane was right, unfortunately it’s the decent posters that are leaving

Adrienne was a decent poster in her younger days.

Given up hope on expecting to see an attacking game of football.

Given up hope that Farke will adjust to attacking tactics unless the team is losing in the final ten minutes.

It’s a sad day when we can’t just discuss football. Surely the beauty of the debate is that we seldom know who was right or wrong. Unlikely, but Hughton could have kept us up, Alex could have rebuilt for this season and taken us up again.

The one thing we have in common is we love it when we win, and we then all agree the right decisions have been made.

I think it’s a sad day when people stop posting because of aggressive or rude comments about their opinion. The game is all about opinions, and you should be able to challenge someone’s opinion without offending or belittling them.

Now - let’s get out there and win tonight.

Well, one thing about tonight''s game is the opposition...Forest. Looking purely at their results, they seem the kind of team we were last season, score a lot and concede a lot. Given to that they''re mid table like us they could provide a refreshing change from the Burton / Bolton 10 man defence style of play. They really are the opitome of this division, can beat anyone but also  get defeated by anyone.Hoping that if they play with more freedom and openess than the bottom sides then the crowd could see half a decent match tonight. But then again, Forest are capable of beating us to so...we will see.

Westcoastcanary wrote

We are one third of the way through a totally fascinating, two-season long, restoration of our club and people have lost interest because they feel "there''s nothing to play for"! Plastics

You obviously have not been to CR this season, probably the worst football played in the last 10 plus years

Boring, Negative unexciting sums up CR this season

And the folks writing are far from Plastics I would suggest that sums you up mostly though that is not a word I would use to any supporter who through reasons known to themselves cannot attend CR