Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pinkun posters have given up

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Diane"]Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

On those two outlets you can pick who you speak to, block any trolls and don''t have to put up with the constant arguing

you get on here.[/quote]What you mean Diane is that you can ignore and discard anything and anyone that does not subscribe to your view ? [/quote]
Think you know me better than that Tilly, always open to debating people''s opinions and views on our  football club, as I said just don''t like the arguing on here , though I concede having had a good read today it seems to have quietened down a bit. 
Hope you had a nice holiday in Majorca,  [:)]

I can understand how people are frustrated with the slow approach play, but I think some people just need to ride it out and judge us on how we start next season. If we have 15 years of mediocrity then the support is bound to dwindle (searching for a local example... ho hum...), but we don''t have a god-given right to entertainment and excitement.

I''m not saying I wouldn''t love it if Farke played with a higher tempo in home matches, but there are more than enough interesting factors in our plight to make the rest of this season quite intriguing. Plus it''s an opportunity to watch one of the most gifted players ever to wear the yellow shirt before he moves onwards and upwards.

I think you are right Wolfie.

It is very hard to criticise a tactic that is based on passing and possession. But if possible, and it is a big if, I would like to add two more words with p at the beginning.

They are power and pace. And I don''t just mean lightning paced players. I mean the pace of the game.

At home definitely, our lack of game pace allows the opposition, no matter where they are in the league, to get their shape back quickly. I would love to see us creating a tempo that teams find difficult to maintain their organisation.

Probably the back three playing a higher line might help and allow Maddison to play in and around their box more often.

The higher tempo will come when the fundamentals of DF''s style of football have become more or less second nature to the players on the pitch. We''re already noticeably better at walking; running is not far away. 

So basically, all this thread is telling us is there are fans who support the team and fans who support the team when we are doing well.

''The higher tempo will come when the fundamentals of DF''s style of football have become more or less second nature to the players on the pitch''

Well they have had 3/4 of a season so far and they don''t really seem much closer. The flaws of the early season home games are still there now. I''m not really sure when you expect it all to suddenly click?

As professional footballers surely they should be able to get to grips with it pretty quickly?

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is little angst or expectation at the moment and that is a good thing. Last year under Neil there was all sorts of aggro about the situation of where we were in the league, but at the moment there is not a lot to be said - we are where we are and that is all.   The manager is a class act, the players we have are performing, the defence is solid (touch wood) the midfield has some class about it, Oliveira looks to be trying his hardest and we are on a long unbeaten run. Now if we can just find an extra goal or two and put a few wins together, it might just make the last few weeks of the season a bit more interesting, but even if not, there is lot to admire about this season (imo). So quiet, in a way, is good - it means there is not a lot to complain about. Next season will be different and there will be a lot more expectation, but for the moment, we can relax and enjoy the football.....................maybe! [:O]

[/quote]

Sorry but give me expectation and nerves all day long over mid table boredom.

Like our mid-table mediocrity, I''ve forgotten my place in time. Am I a pant-wetter, a happy-clapper or a plastic? I really don''t know anymore...

I ll be there tonight too really looking forward to the game and hopefully 3 pts

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="lake district canary"]There is little angst or expectation at the moment and that is a good thing. Last year under Neil there was all sorts of aggro about the situation of where we were in the league, but at the moment there is not a lot to be said - we are where we are and that is all.   The manager is a class act, the players we have are performing, the defence is solid (touch wood) the midfield has some class about it, Oliveira looks to be trying his hardest and we are on a long unbeaten run. Now if we can just find an extra goal or two and put a few wins together, it might just make the last few weeks of the season a bit more interesting, but even if not, there is lot to admire about this season (imo). So quiet, in a way, is good - it means there is not a lot to complain about. Next season will be different and there will be a lot more expectation, but for the moment, we can relax and enjoy the football.....................maybe! [:O]

[/quote]

Sorry but give me expectation and nerves all day long over mid table boredom.[/quote]I think we''d all prefer the expectation and nerves of competing at the top end of the table to mid-table boredom. It''s just about trying to take the positives out of a pretty mundane set of circumstances – we''ve been blessed in the last decade in terms of excitement, so sooner or later a mediocre season of mid-table obscurity was inevitable.

Rogue,

Even Man Citys players took a season to get to grips with Peps style. Thats with much better coaching and significantly better players.

I seem to remember in the eighties with Stringer and Williams the club asking for patience from the fans as they developed their passing posession game.  It became so instinctive and built in to the way the club worked, that it led to some of the best years we have seen as a football club - but it took more than one season to develop.

Wow, didn’t expect to stir things up to this extent when I originally posted. I’ve been going to CR since 1962 and I’m not going to stop just because we’ve got nothing to play for.

Incidentally I’ve not checked back but have we ever been in this position before at this time of the season, normally we’re either fighting for promotion or battling relegation.

Yet last season it took Chelsea players about 2 games to get to grips with an entirely new system once Conte changed it midway through.

Dont get me wrong, I like Farke, but I dont blame the players 100% for this season. Also, I don''t think it isn''t because they have not got to grips with Farkes style - I just think Farkes style is far too easy to defend against in the Championship. Look how a team like Bolton could completely nullify it with simple tactical changes.

Yes the players have to adapt top Farke''s style, but Farke also has to adapt his style to the Championship

I will always look forward to going to a game regardless of the situation the club is in.

Anyone that thinks they’re watching s*** at the moment and can’t be bothered to go tonight, don’t go, you won’t be missed.

A lot of this thread is the reason I’ve ‘given up’ as a poster. Not given up supporting my club, just given up on the chances of the majority of what I read on here being a worthwhile use of my time.

Comparing Chelsea’s change in formation to our overhaul of personnel, financial situation and footballing philosophy is ridiculous.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]We have a game tonight and there are only three posts since 5:30 yesterday, none about the game.[/quote]Well, 25 different posters on this thread already...

@Zac

No more ridiculous than comparing it to Man City. They needed some full backs to suit their system, spent 100million on 2 players...

I don''t think many have really been saying they won''t go- the thread was initially more about the lack of discussion which had been noticeable.

Gives some of you a chance to dust of your ''morally superior superfan'' badges though I guess.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Mad Steve"]Tend to spend my time on twitter and Facebook much more diverse crowd of supporters. To many cliques, wind up merchants and right wing extremists on here for my liking[/quote]Are they all racists on Twitter and Facebook too? Do they think it''s funny to poke fun at people with mental health problems?[/quote]

Proof if proof was needed folks. Don''t get the deranged stalkers on social media that is for sure

[quote user="Diane"]Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

On those two outlets you can pick who you speak to, block any trolls and don''t have to put up with the constant arguing

you get on here.[/quote]

Spot on Diane you can choose on social media who you follow and block those with odious views that you don''t want to get involved with. Unfortunately I have a deranged stalker with severe issues who has developed a very unhealthy crush on me. It''s not like I have anything in common with him especially his views on diversity which I find repugnant. Even on twtd you can block these fruit loops but the functionality doesn''t exist on here

[quote user="Mad Steve"][quote user="Diane"]Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

you get on here.[/quote]

Spot on Diane you can choose on social media who you follow and block those with odious views that you don''t want to get involved with. Unfortunately I have a deranged stalker with severe issues who has developed a very unhealthy crush on me. It''s not like I have anything in common with him especially his views on diversity which I find repugnant. Even on twtd you can block these fruit loops but the functionality doesn''t exist on here[/quote]I''m sorry, but what are my views on diversity again? Are you repeating your absurd accusations of racism against me?And you''ve gone to the trouble of creating a parody account to mock me, all because I called you out on your disgraceful and unfounded accusations of racism against fellow supporters, for which you still refuse to apologise… yet I''m the stalker?You''re absolutely pathetic, mate. You need to grow up.

@DDD

Yep.

I actually like Farke and am on board with taking a longer term view but the way some people talk you''d think he''d taken over a club bottom of the league without any decent players to use and getting us to 14th is some kind of achievement.

@DDD

Exactly, albeit in League One. He set us up to get the best out of the players that we had, to get results. Hence why I mentioned Conte in an earlier post - he did the same at Chelsea last year

We simply don''t have the finance to go out and buy a whole team to play the way we want - thats effectively what Guardiola has done at Man City, or Wolves have done

You have to get the right balance between playing the way you want and playing the way to get the best out of the squad. At the minute it seems its Farkes way or no way until we are losing, then dragging ourselves back into games by going direct

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Mad Steve"][quote user="Diane"]Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

you get on here.[/quote]

Spot on Diane you can choose on social media who you follow and block those with odious views that you don''t want to get involved with. Unfortunately I have a deranged stalker with severe issues who has developed a very unhealthy crush on me. It''s not like I have anything in common with him especially his views on diversity which I find repugnant. Even on twtd you can block these fruit loops but the functionality doesn''t exist on here[/quote]I''m sorry, but what are my views on diversity again? Are you repeating your absurd accusations of racism against me?And you''ve gone to the trouble of creating a parody account to mock me, all because I called you out on your disgraceful and unfounded accusations of racism against fellow supporters, for which you still refuse to apologise… yet I''m the stalker?You''re absolutely pathetic, mate. You need to grow up.

[/quote]

Look up the dictionary definition of stalking I would quite gladly never interact with you again has long as I live

Ignoring all the benefits Lambert had coming in whilst we were in league one, if you expect every manager to have the same success rate as he did then I must suggest you are bordering on delusional.

And people say LDCs opinions are ridiculous.

Also some of the posts on here are painfully ignorant of what instilling a footballing philosophy throughout an entire club encapsulates.

We dont need to buy world class players to fit this style of play.

Swansea done a similar thing and had a way of playing throughout all the different teams within the club well before Rodgers took over, for instance.

[quote user="hogesar"]Also some of the posts on here are painfully ignorant of what instilling a footballing philosophy throughout an entire club encapsulates.

We dont need to buy world class players to fit this style of play.

Swansea done a similar thing and had a way of playing throughout all the different teams within the club well before Rodgers took over, for instance.[/quote]

Don''t they have a stinking rich foreign owner?

Where did anybody say that expected the same success rate? I think the original poster said ''manage to win home games'' - is that such an outrageous expectation?

And people say LDCs opinions are ridiculous...