Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Pinkun posters have given up

Difficult to get too excited at the moment- 10 points off the play-offs, not scoring many goals and a certain sense of inevitability about our best player going in the summer.

Don''t worry guys, it''s still mathematically possible for us to make the playoffs. Where''s LDC when you need him?

Main Discussion - Norwich City page has received......

29,846 Replies 2,810,368 Views.......on the ''OT'' EU straw poll......

The football, has taken a back seat......

A plethora of ''OT'' political pedantic and pathetic point scoring posts headlining the ''Main Discussion -Norwich City'' message board page, says it all.....

Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

On those two outlets you can pick who you speak to, block any trolls and don''t have to put up with the constant arguing

you get on here.

[quote user="Diane"]Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

On those two outlets you can pick who you speak to, block any trolls and don''t have to put up with the constant arguing

you get on here.
[/quote]No you don''t [;)]

There is little angst or expectation at the moment and that is a good thing. Last year under Neil there was all sorts of aggro about the situation of where we were in the league, but at the moment there is not a lot to be said - we are where we are and that is all.   The manager is a class act, the players we have are performing, the defence is solid (touch wood) the midfield has some class about it, Oliveira looks to be trying his hardest and we are on a long unbeaten run. Now if we can just find an extra goal or two and put a few wins together, it might just make the last few weeks of the season a bit more interesting, but even if not, there is lot to admire about this season (imo). So quiet, in a way, is good - it means there is not a lot to complain about. Next season will be different and there will be a lot more expectation, but for the moment, we can relax and enjoy the football.....................maybe! [:O]

''we are on a long unbeaten run''

Its a bit like when we were on a long unbeaten run under Bryan Gunn at the minute. Yeah its great we are unbeaten, but at the same time its also 4 draws in a row.

Are you honestly telling me you would rather draw 4 in a row (4 points) instead of winning 2 & losing 2 (6 points)?

[quote user="Ian"]Don''t worry guys, it''s still mathematically possible for us to make the playoffs. [/quote]And even if it was teams can still break the rules and get deduction point, putting us into the playoffs! Never give up lol.

''The manager is a class act, the players we have are performing, the defence is solid (touch wood) the midfield has some class about it, Oliveira looks to be trying his hardest and we are on a long unbeaten run.''

And yet...we''re 14th. Weird.

How Is the manager a class act Lakey? Because he''s got a German accent?

I struggle to think of worse home tactics by a Norwich city manager, he still hasn''t worked out that we can''t approach every game the same playing slow predictable football, more than anything else it''s fucking boring

I agree with Mello. It''s amazing how many posters don''t ever post about football but just comment on other posters. Like this thread and the replies on it. Including mine. And his. And this thread title.

I''m looking forward to the game. And nobody can take that joy from me.

Really looking forward to the game tonight and I equally think Farke is a very good coach who''s done a good job so far. Obviously it''s all dependant upon peoples expectations but I felt the board, Webber in particular, made it very clear this would be a transition season and we''ve seen what we''re capable of at our best.
Hopefully a good game. Us as fans have been a little spoilt, people not excited because there''s not much to play for. The reality is we''ve had so many consistent seasons with something to play for some have forgotten what it''s like to just enjoy a football match.

[quote user="Diane"]Or maybe its just that people haven''t given up on our team, they''ve just given up posting on here & mainly stick to facebook & twitter

you get on here.[/quote]What you mean Diane is that you can ignore and discard anything and anyone that does not subscribe to your view ?

We are one third of the way through a totally fascinating, two-season long, restoration of our club and people have lost interest because they feel "there''s nothing to play for"! Plastics.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]We are one third of the way through a totally fascinating, two-season long, restoration of our club and people have lost interest because they feel "there''s nothing to play for"! Plastics.[/quote]'' totally fascinating '' that really is trying to polish a turd.

Have we really seen what we''re capable of at our best Hog? When was this I''m interested what games you pick out as our best?

Without Maddison we''d be looking over our shoulder at relegation that''s a fact, as for us being spoilt? Paying the 8th highest cheapest season ticket in the country spoilt is far from what I feel over the last few season.

One thing I have found funny since the "Webberlution" that the length of time for the rebuild keeps getting stretched out by the clappers, first it was 3 transfer windows, then 4 now we''ve got some clown saying 2 seasons.

Let me tell you how it''s really gonna be, either Farke and co hit the ground running at the start of next season or the crowd will turn very fast

Although the crowd tonight will be announced as i would guess between 25,500 and 26,000 because season ticket holders are counted there will be empty seats littered around everywhere because people really cannot be bothered to turn out on a very cold Tuesday evening. You only have to look around social media at the number of tickets being offered for the game tonight.

As with every game l am looking forward to it. Even if we were bottom it wouldn''t stop me from going. The reality of our position set in with me well before Xmas, some have taken a bit longer to smell the coffee.

Look at the league after sixteen games. Very few will finish more than three or four places from the positions they held then.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]

Without Maddison we''d be looking over our shoulder at relegation that''s a fact[/quote]Not a fact. Maddison is brilliant, but if he wasn''t in the team then someone else would have been and the midfield developed differently with others taking the limelight.  Maybe Wes might have played more, maybe Stiepermann would have been given time in his preferred role.  It would have been different, but not necessarily worse.

“Without Maddison we''d be looking over our shoulder at relegation that''s a fact“

That’s like saying that without a billionaire owner, a quality manager and a squad full of world class players Man City wouldn’t be walking the league

[quote user="hogesar"]Really looking forward to the game tonight and I equally think Farke is a very good coach who''s done a good job so far. Obviously it''s all dependant upon peoples expectations but I felt the board, Webber in particular, made it very clear this would be a transition season and we''ve seen what we''re capable of at our best.
Hopefully a good game. Us as fans have been a little spoilt, people not excited because there''s not much to play for. The reality is we''ve had so many consistent seasons with something to play for some have forgotten what it''s like to just enjoy a football match.
[/quote]Agree with this completely [Y]I can understand how people are frustrated with the slow approach play, but I think some people just need to ride it out and judge us on how we start next season. If we have 15 years of mediocrity then the support is bound to dwindle (searching for a local example... ho hum...), but we don''t have a god-given right to entertainment and excitement.I''m not saying I wouldn''t love it if Farke played with a higher tempo in home matches, but there are more than enough interesting factors in our plight to make the rest of this season quite intriguing. Plus it''s an opportunity to watch one of the most gifted players ever to wear the yellow shirt before he moves onwards and upwards.