Sign in to follow this  
NCFC123

Nelson Oliviera

Feel a bit sorry for Abraham’s to be honest. Played pretty well for the U23s all season but can’t get a sniff of the bench. Dennis however is considered good enough to lead the line in the first team almost immediately.

Both are inexperienced and a bit raw but seems an inconsistency there.

[quote user="king canary"]I know he''s not flavour of the month right now but it is worth remembering he was basically the only player scoring at the start of the season. Without those goals we''d likely be in a relegation battle right now.[/quote]That presumes there would not have been another player on the pitch in his place

So every other action in those games would have been just the same, only with Jerome acting out Oliverira''s exact movementsdear me(cynics might suggest the fault lies deeper than just the personnel on the pitch)

Dear me indeed.

In your mind if Nelson wasn''t on the pitch someone else would have scored the goals yeah? Except nobody else was scoring at that point.

No that''s just you making up stuff, as I never said thatWhat I did say was that you cannot say what would have happened were another player on the pitchWhich I would have thought was quite self explanatory

you making up stuff ?I hardly tink that requires much imaginationHowever feel free to point out where I did say what you claimedIf not, I shall continue with you ................. ''making up stuff''

We can''t have one player with his own personal agenda. Football is a team game and if someone feels they can do less than everyone else then they have to be dropped.

@City1st

Imagine someone posting something fairly simple.

Then someone else twisting it.

Then a bunch of people calling them out on twisting it.

Then that person doubling down on their twisted interpretation, while simultaneously accusing others of misrepresenting his words.

Then the thread getting deleted so he didn''t have to apologise.

Would probably never happen mind...

Jim, what is Farke doing wrong with Nelson then?

And then tell me what all the other managers have done wrong with him at other clubs?

You say an experienced manager deals with Nelson but isnt that exactly what hes doing?

[quote user="Sooty"]you making up stuff ?I hardly tink that requires much imaginationHowever feel free to point out where I did say what you claimedIf not, I shall continue with you ................. ''making up stuff''[/quote]Worth a rummage round kc. City 1st thinks we''ve all got it in for himCould be a grand at stake for your nominated charity.....[;)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Jim, what is Farke doing wrong with Nelson then?

And then tell me what all the other managers have done wrong with him at other clubs?

You say an experienced manager deals with Nelson but isnt that exactly what hes doing?[/quote]Pussyfoot around ''til the cows come home you''ll

still have the same eventual outcome. Take Mahrez at Leicester. Goes

AWOL, manager let''s him off and he''s now back in the team and the incident airbrushed out. InsaneWrapped in cotton wool or not neither player will still be at their respective clubs come August.

Sooner or later people are going to have to accept that the problem lies with Farkes footballing philosophy and that players at this level are not going to be able to make it work

[quote user="hogesar"]Jim, what is Farke doing wrong with Nelson then?

You say an experienced manager deals with Nelson but isnt that exactly what hes doing?[/quote]

Yet again another lazy narrative seeps out, aided and abetted by club mouthpeice Mick Dennis on twitter. nelson has had 7 or 8 clubs over the last year so must be a trouble maker. I''ve yet to see any evidence that he did not stay at those clubs because he caused trouble or had a bad attitude? If you can find it please feel free to post it. He was at benfica for sveral years and went out on season long loans during most of which he played circa 30 times a season. Does not suggest he was causing problems, probably more a case of a player signed by a big club at a very young age who then finds themselves farmed out on loan because they are not quite making the first team.

Look he''s clearly a fiery character and he''s clearly got a different type of temperament to the teutonic Germans we have in the squad but I do not believe that the best way to deal with that sort of character is to mockingly and publically take the p**s out of them in a press conference and then drop them from the squad entirely the following week, particularly when you still have a sniff of the top 6 (look at the table - we still do even now although the lack of goals will kill us) and you don;t have anything better to come in than a bloke who resembles a pub player at present to come in to take his place (whether that''s Watkins or Srbenny comment applies equally to both of them although hopefully the latter will improve).

He was out of order with his Craven Cottage celebration at the start of the season but again i believe that the root of that issue was the club attempting to sell him against his will in the summer. They then got over that and we had a ridiculous spell where Jerome was run into the ground whilst nelson sat on the bench and then nelson was forced to play 120 minutes at Arsenal having not played more than 20 minutes for weeks beforehand due to being injured/unfit.

I just think Farke has managed the situation badly, possibly due to naivity or possibly because they actually want to provoke Nelson into a spat so they can justify selling him. Its not all Farke''s or Webber''s fault, it takes two to tango but I don;t think its been managed well and I think also when your main striker is a player/character like Oliveira its not good enough to only have Srbenny as back up if you are vaguely serious about finishing as high up the table as you can. I don;t think we are though and that is part of the problem. The contrast with Fulham and how they have gone about addressing their goalscoring issues is striking.

mastoola wrote the following post at 06/03/2018 10:24 PM:

Jim

The guy is an ego that his truth doesn''t back up. go wiki his stats. Never done anything anywhere,

Averaged one goal every 3 games for forest at this level as a 22 year old. Clearly has talent but it’s currently not working here. I honestly think that under this philosophy the majority of Striker’s at our level will struggle

I get the impression we might not see too much more of Oliveira unless something changes behind the scenes, he’s been a bit of a tit this season, his performance on the pitch doesn’t reflect his quality of performances and now appears that fans have lost patience with him.

Some fans seem to forget he was the last City player to score a goal!

And as a fan I really couldnt care less if a player sits on a deckchair all week if he scores a hat trick in a match. Dont get me wrong fitness and attitude are important but DF needs to realise Nelson is definitely the best striker we have at the moment and for me to not even have him on the bench last night was a step too far.

Outside chance of playoffs gone now!

To me a good manager would have put him on the bench then said to him with quarter of game left go on prove me wrong!

@CJ

Yes he''s our best striker, although that isn''t saying much.

I''ve not seen much or Srbeny but statistically it doesn''t look like he''s done a great deal- whoscored has him down for 1 shot in 162 minutes on the pitch and a pass completion of 58% which is frankly woeful.

Heres hoping he can step up.

[quote user="CJ"]Some fans seem to forget he was the last City player to score a goal!

And as a fan I really couldnt care less if a player sits on a deckchair all week if he scores a hat trick in a match. Dont get me wrong fitness and attitude are important but DF needs to realise Nelson is definitely the best striker we have at the moment and for me to not even have him on the bench last night was a step too far.

Outside chance of playoffs gone now!

To me a good manager would have put him on the bench then said to him with quarter of game left go on prove me wrong![/quote]

Totally agree - Farke cut off his nose to spite his face - early days for Srbeny but looks lost at this level

Oliviera is a talented striker who has been ill served throughtout this season by a continuing failure to use attacking possession to get the ball into the oppostion penalty area. Even those times when the ball does arrive it is usefully an ill directed ball and has taken so long to get there that the defence has had time to prepare itself.

Our approach is so frustrating as seen from the terraces it is diificult to know how much more frustrating it must be for Oliviera.

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]Oliviera is a talented striker who has been ill served throughtout this season by a continuing failure to use attacking possession to get the ball into the oppostion penalty area. Even those times when the ball does arrive it is usefully an ill directed ball and has taken so long to get there that the defence has had time to prepare itself.

Our approach is so frustrating as seen from the terraces it is diificult to know how much more frustrating it must be for Oliviera.[/quote]

Yep totally agree - sums up our season in a nutshell

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Srbeny has had 1.5 games, he clearly needs more game time before people jump to conclusions.[/quote]If Srbeny is the answer i really do not want to know the question. If he was playing for a pub team on a Sunday morning at Sloughbottom Park you would not look at him twice. How on earth have we sunk to clinging to the hope that players of this ilk are the future and all will come good ?

Of course Srbeny has to have more game time.

To play up front for Norwich is the kiss of death at the moment.

But last night, he did look a third tier player. Cumbersome and unsure of what to do when he had it.

No judgement yet but it hasn''t been a good start.

Srbeny has had 1.5 games. He needs game time to adjust to our style of play. Then we judge him.

We have to rembember that, apart from NO''s 15 goals last season, he''d had 8 clubs in 8 seasons. and upto end of his season with Forest he''d played 173 times scoring 30 times.

That''s a goal every 6 games! The evidence is there that he''s never settled or played great wherever he''s been, and the stats hardly support "he''s a talented striker!"

"We have to rembember that, apart from NO''s 15 goals last season, he''d had 8 clubs in 8 seasons. and upto end of his season with Forest he''d played 173 times scoring 30 times. "

Or alternatively, coming into this season he''d scored 20 Championship goals in 3474 minutes- giving him a record of a goal every 174 minutes. That is a pretty solid record at this level.