Sign in to follow this  
NCFC123

Nelson Oliviera

Left out tonight after a bust up with Farke at training on Monday, walked off the training pitch after a heated discussion hence why he’s not in the team

And to think we were calling him the best striker in the league and worrying about losing him a few months ago.

The season is over - may as well pack him off to the Algarve.

We’re not the first club to have issues with his attitude, trouble is it migh effect his value in the summer, not many managers will want to buy a disruptive influence.

Sad as he’s a very good player when his heads on right.

[quote user="NCFC123"]Left out tonight after a bust up with Farke at training on Monday, walked off the training pitch after a heated discussion hence why he’s not in the team[/quote]What a waste of space this guy is.Should''ve been shown the door after the first game of the season.

Thinking about this further I suspect Farke appeased Oliveira all the time we were still in with a chance of the play-offs.

I take this event as evidence Farke et al have accepted we are going nowhere this season so Oliveira no longer has to be tolerated.

Wish we had sold this prick in summer for £12m. Thinks he’s all that but 1 goal in about a dozen games says otherwise. Yes we aren’t scoring many but he has had clear cut chances so it’s not rvw all over again. It’s just a typical overpaid prima Donna that thinks he’s better than he is. He’ll probably bugger off to wolves and then start scoring again...

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]And to think we were calling him the best striker in the league and worrying about losing him a few months ago.

The season is over - may as well pack him off to the Algarve.[/quote]I was definitely one of those people and would have been gutted, but now, if he is affecting the team and disrupting the coach''s plans, then he needs to be fecked off.

If he was really good (I guess he wouldn''t be here though) you can tolerate a little from a Latin temperament.

He isn''t that good so zero tolerance I''m afraid.

We had enough squit like that with Bassong and we don''t need any more.

He''s a decent player who has been poor;y managed by Farke and Webber all season from the moment they created a rift by trying to flog him to Reading in pre-season when he did not want to leave to then playing him for 120 minutes at Arsenal when he hadn;t been fit in the lead up and was clearly knackered after 50 minutes.

Despite the lazy narrative about him i''ve not seen any obvious lack of effort and indeed recently he was playing very well. it will be interesting to hear the cause of this latest incident but his manager publically mocking him in the press last week no doubt didn''t help. Very unprofessional.

Jim

The guy is an ego that his truth doesn''t back up. go wiki his stats. Never done anything anywhere,

Average striker with no discipline and a bad attitude, occasionally gets one on target but rarely scores, seems afraid to head the ball or have any ability to hold the ball up

Perhaps our style of play makes him look worse than he is, which is another big question but he''s not a player I''d be disappointed to see leave the club

Average striker which everyone including myself got a little too excited about after a decent half season last season.

Hes not been poorly managed and excusing him would be ignoring his past. Evidently a bit of a tw*t and since hes done close to fck all for however many games the minimum expectation would be training hard, probably doing a bit extra work than usual. Not doing even less than basic requirement to the point the manager feels the need to leave you out of the entire squad when we''re not exactly blessed in the scoring department.

I never got over excited by him. He was very overrated by many of our fans.

He has some quality and in a different set up could be a real asset.

Not here, not with this regime.

Sorry but for me not even putting him on the bench and playing Watkins is a joke . Yes he has an attitude but being on the bench would be enough to give him message and given us a chance to maybe score late on.

DF needs to realise you dont need a bunch of robots on pitch just running and passing across back line does not win you games. Nelson does have skill in buckets and DF should realise he has failed as much as Nelson if he can not get him motivated.

Farke has failed Nelson? Isnt this the third time hes essentially been a d*ck this season and Farke has played him and tried to big him up as a quality striker despite a run of 6 or 7 games where he clearly couldnt give a toss?

The mentality of some of our fans..

Possibly my least favourite city footballer ever.

Apparently £11m was offered in the summer and was turned down.

Oliveira does give his best when on the pitch, but I can''t say what goes on off the pitch (training).However O.s case would be stronger if he had scored quite a few more... not missed that penalty eitherMy fear with Farke is that he may well be working too much on the fitness of players. Fine in itself but we often look devoid of ideas once the game gets going. However fit the players are, if we dilly dally in getting the ball forward then ten superfit players will still find it hard to score through eleven opposition players in their penalty box.Farke should also keep stuff to himself a bit more, Being open is one thing, and to be welcomed - but talking about players as he does serves little other than to put them in a bad light with supporters.

Sorry yes Nelson is temperamental but an experienced or good man manager deals with that. Farke is either very naive she. It comes to dealing with this sort of character or the club (probably Webber) are happy to manufacture a situation where they can sell in the summer and not get any stick from the fans (having tried to do so last summer). They have succeeded because I can’t see any other outcome now than him leaving but it’s not been managed well.

Funny how all the players who play up or have fall outs are on big money and are perhaps players that the club would prefer to manage out.

Wes has been sidelined as well no doubt to justify not giving him a new deal.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sorry yes Nelson is temperamental but an experienced or good man manager deals with that. Farke is either very naive she. It comes to dealing with this sort of character or the club (probably Webber) are happy to manufacture a situation where they can sell in the summer and not get any stick from the fans (having tried to do so last summer). They have succeeded because I can’t see any other outcome now than him leaving but it’s not been managed well.

Funny how all the players who play up or have fall outs are on big money and are perhaps players that the club would prefer to manage out.

Wes has been sidelined as well no doubt to justify not giving him a new deal.[/quote]That doesn''t make any sense.Why would the club try to make Oliveira look a bad or troublesome player ? That is hardly likely to encourage interest and I would suggest lower his price.With Wes, he is out of contract so the club is free to offer what it likes. If he is still capable of delivering then why not use him to get the best out of him why we are supposedly paying him higher wages ?

When Russ highlighted the appalling attitude of some of last years team at Brighton, I was appalled when Alex stuck with most of that side for the next match.

I therefore support Farke in the reason for his decision, and in demanding full commitment to the team. In dropping Nelson, he was always going to have to explain the decision - and I think he was right to do so.

Also, Srbeny isn’t going to improve without game time.

Srbeny is either not ready or he’s nowhere near good enough. Can’t decide which at the moment. All just again demonstrates the club is not even attempting to get in the top six this season.

I know he''s not flavour of the month right now but it is worth remembering he was basically the only player scoring at the start of the season. Without those goals we''d likely be in a relegation battle right now.