Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Anyone else feel a bit sorry for Wes?

Yeah I know, you cant drop Maddison to play Wes, but anyone else think this season has been a bit of a sad end to his Norwich career?

I think he''s unlikely to be given another deal, so these are probably his last games, but he''s still got it. If he would accept lower wages Id give him another season at least.

Club legend, its a personal shame for him he''s not had as much involvement as he''s used to

I don''t ever feel sorry for players as they do all know what happens when they are at the end of their careers.

But I think Wes would still be useful as we are spending another season in the Championship. And probably without Maddison.

His powers are waning and he’ll likely be gone in summer to a hero’s send off but no room for sentiment in football. We need an attack that can score goals and wes doesn’t look like the answer any more.

I feel sorry for us fans.

Begrudgingly accepting that he cannot manage as much game time in his twilight years we have still too often been deprived of even having the option of bringing him on from the bench to entertain us.

It is unfortunate for him that he is likely to end his time here under a manager that does not have a clue how set up a team to attack.

Hoolahan has f* ucked up by Farke this season by being underplayed and when he has had a few minutes, played out of position which has nullified his talents!

Tonight against Forest showed he has still got it and could likely have another coupe of seasons in him.

Hes never relied on quick pace, just quick feet and thought so if his fitness levels are maintained he could go on for longer than many players, especially being small and finding it easier to keep trim!

If Maddison goes then I think it''d be wise to keep Hoolahan and I''m sure hes made a lot of money so would likely accept lesser wages to stay?

I feel sorry that he probably is still the best player in the club when he should be handed a coaching role and stop playing.

We used to be built around Wes, now we''re built around Madders. Different styles of play and a different system. Wes is great at unlocking defences but it doesn''t work under Farke as we want to play possession so our attack is far too slow for Wes to be effective.

I do feel we have under used Wes this season, but lets not forget he didn''t deliver when he was heavily involved at the start of the season. That combined with the shift in tactics towards Madders style of play sadly means it no longer suits Wes'' playing style

Clearly not match fit and actually looked as if he has put on a bit of weight. Find it difficult to understand what impact he is likely to make as a wide right winger. We badly needed to introduce somebody last night with a bit of confidence and pace to unlock a very average Forest side. Wes was not a good choice and I feel his days as a first teamer are numbered. I wonder what the great Brian Clough would have thought watching this current Forest team.

You watched a very different game to me Vos!

I''d agree against Bolton that Hoolahan looked rusty and was very ineffective but not last night. He looked sharp and gave us an extra element with a bit of forward thinking something badly missing from the team this season!

Last night convinced me that Hoolahan could be useful next season.

I think he did well last night, linking up well with Maddison. It reminded me of the Pritch/Maddison combo which we saw far too little of. If James does go I reckon Wes could have an important role for us.

Worth another season for me. Even coming off the bench for fifteen or twenty mins he could give us that bit of creativity and directness which we so often lack.

Possibly (no real evidence to support this) could even be used deeper in some games where we are at home against weaker sides. Pick the ball up off the defence and try to feed the midfield/attacking players/Maddison. He puts in a shift so wouldn''t leave us too open against a less adventurous team.

We''ve got to give him a new deal. Obviously on reduced terms but maybe he''d be happy to accept that?

It''s not about sentiment for me, it''s the fact that he can still be a key player and is more than worth keeping hold of.