Sign in to follow this  
Bentleys Slicked Back Greasy Hair.

Premiership Standard

How many of our players do you think can aut it in the prem, IMO with have over half a team that can and to be above average in the Prtem aswell.

Green - England inernational and on his day is as good as any keeper in the Prem.

Colin - Is improving every game and is supposedly the future Holland right-back.

Drury - IMO the best left back in this league and prooved he could cut it in the Prem.

Shackell - The rock in our defence, also has prooved he is good enough for Premiership level.

Huckerby - Not quite sure, at going forward he most definately is but never covers.

Safri - Our best player and on his return last seasom was class.

Ashton - The next Alan Shearer and will get 20+ goals in the Prem.

McViegh - Not given a chance but I think could be good at this level.

So with all these players the team would be;

Green

Colin ------ Shackell Drury

------ ------ Safri Huckerby

Ashton McViegh

So thats 3 players we need, maybe 5 with Colin and McViegh but that is still less han half the team.

[quote]How many of our players do you think can aut it in the prem, IMO with have over half a team that can and to be above average in the Prtem aswell. Green - England inernational and on his day is as goo...[/quote]

Personally I do think we have the spine of a good team for the prem but that is all

Green - Shacks, Drury, - Safri - Ashton & Hux.

Having said that it is a damn site more than most champs teams have...  Of the signings only Colin MAY develop into being good enough.

OTBC

Our only ''definite'' prem standard players are Green, Ashton, Safri, Hucks and Shacks (although Shacks needs a bit more experience (to cut out the silly mistakes) before he would make most Prem teams starting 11). As to the others;

Drury - was widely touted as the best Left Back outside the Premiership (Barry Fry said it and lots agreed) but he didn''t live up to this tag last season. Not helped by having Hucks in front of him, but his form went. He probably is good enough, but needs to prove it still.

Colin/Marney - too young to be relied on. Will be up and down in form (as was Bentley) before they get the experience to be first pick 11, but if they continue to improve then yes, one day

McVeigh - wasted his chance, will need to have more than 1 reasonably good game against Plymouth to make me think he is good enough for the Prem. Useful player to have in the squad at this level though.

i really dont think we need to worry about this at the moment, cause the way we are playing (in gereneral at the moment) we dont even look like a championship side, let alone a premier league side. It could be a few years untill then.....

but as the topic is going

Green - England international, and we wouldn''t have done as well as we did in the prem without him, infact we probably wouldnt have got to the prem. Easily as good as any other premiership keeper (when he has a dependable defence infront of him)

Colin - Potential holland international, looks good passing, only been caught out on the odd occasion, improving as it goes, im sure he can cut it in the prem.

Drury - can cut it in the prem, no reason he cant do it again....

Shackell - Kept the likes of rooney and ronaldo quiet on quite a rememberable night, easily good enough.

Huckerby - i think he can, he proved he can be dangerous at times (arsenal away goal) but not always consistant, i think he is good enough when used to full extent, but he leaves such an exposure i think he needs to be upfront and not on the left wing (unless we played 4-3-3)

Safri - He is our midfield, needs a partner thou. Easily good enough for the prem (remembering back to united once again)

Ashton - Easily premiership quality, started to score goals for fun towards the end of the premiership

McViegh - Didnt see him much, abit lightweight in my opinion, but after scoring against man utd im sure he can cut it.

Jarvis - Looks like he can cut it in the prem, look at that liverpool goal....... enough said.

at the other end:

Hughes : if he was consistant he would be in the premier league, is a good player, but just not good enough for the prem i think

Flem - too slow, can do it but i feel we need abit more youth in there, but saying that look at some players, southgate for an example, quite old but still manage to hack it, im unsure about this one.

Marney - just has not looked good enough to be premiership quality.

Henderson - not really ideal, too lightwieght, maybe could, again unless we see him up there i dont think that its fair to comment

Brennan - another one, not sure about him. He looks good but its not as easy in the prem, most likely could hack it, but again unless we see him its abit unfair to comment

and thats all i can be bothered to type for now!

back to the cricket......