Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Tettey contract talks stall

I think he has been a terrific player for us and I suspect he would like to stay but he is coming towards the end of his career now and I''m sure he is looking for the best (as in cash terms) last professional contract he will probably get.

I hope he stays but if he leaves, I could perfectly understand it and say thanks and good luck Alex.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]I think he has been a terrific player for us and I suspect he would like to stay but he is coming towards the end of his career now and I''m sure he is looking for the best (as in cash terms) last professional contract he will probably get.

I hope he stays but if he leaves, I could perfectly understand it and say thanks and good luck Alex.[/quote]Agree with all of that - I''ve always liked him and thought many fans undervalued him. Ironically it seems to have taken until this season for some to realise what a good player he is and how important he is to our team.Would love him to stay another year but at his age I can''t think anyone would blame him for looking for the best deal for himself and his family. Hopefully that could still be us but either way it doesn''t seem to be affecting him on the pitch in the way that some other players get distracted by talk of contracts. So its definitely thanks and all the best Alex from me, whatever happens.

Why does Tettey say he is not in control.

He can control his decision given to any offer.

He pays his agent so he is in control of him.

The agent is not in control, he is a paid servant.

[quote user="Alan"]Why does Tettey say he is not in control.

He can control his decision given to any offer.

He pays his agent so he is in control of him.

The agent is not in control, he is a paid servant.[/quote]Good point Alan. It could be:1. He is just trying to remove himself from the situation - depersonalize it.2. He has complete faith in his agent3. There is some sort of contractual clause with his agent? His agent stands to lose out if Tettey takes a lower deal than offered elsewhere - but I don''t know if that is even legal tbh.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]I think he has been a terrific player for us and I suspect he would like to stay but he is coming towards the end of his career now and I''m sure he is looking for the best (as in cash terms) last professional contract he will probably get.

I hope he stays but if he leaves, I could perfectly understand it and say thanks and good luck Alex.[/quote][Y] Agree completely Mark