Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Taking a step back from this "webberlution" business for a moment the home form and league position are

I can honestly say that this is hands down the best football I''ve seen since the 1990-91 season. People need to remember that the other team can''t score if they don''t have the ball, and neither can we.

[quote user="GPs Beard"] ........ The reality is that at Colney there is a photograph of our goal celebration at Wembley after Jerome scores. All the players have now left to be replaced by ... well to be replaced. That is the reality of the revolution , and we will finish in our lowest league position for some time.

Peoples take on this largely reflects their agenda, or their overall take on the Club.[/quote] The reason those players have now left is quite simple; they failed to deliver the club''s single most important objective, in some cases having had two chances to deliver it. 
The so-called "revolution" is not about who is in the squad; it''s about modernising and professionalising every aspect of the playing side of the business, from its administration to the style of play at all levels. The fact is this "revolution" should have been instituted years ago; that it wasn''t demonstrates just how badly it was needed. 

I just hope the season''s over soon...as it''s been one of the most dreary, unexciting campaigns in years... There have been a few highs...but not many... Championship midtable mediocrity... I was counting on it a little bit after the explanations we got about needing so many windows and having to cut down on expenses etc...

But it does hurt to see how we have fallen back to midtable second tier...

"The so-called "revolution" is not about who is in the squad; it''s about modernising and professionalising every aspect of the playing side of the business, from its administration to the style of play at all levels. The fact is this "revolution" should have been instituted years ago; that it wasn''t demonstrates just how badly it was needed."

Spot on.

[quote user="king canary"]"The so-called "revolution" is not about who is in the squad; it''s about modernising and professionalising every aspect of the playing side of the business, from its administration to the style of play at all levels. The fact is this "revolution" should have been instituted years ago; that it wasn''t demonstrates just how badly it was needed."

Spot on.[/quote]To think a lot of people were falling over themselves with praise for McNally and The Man from Mulbarton when it is now apparent the football model of today left us now playing catch up.

Should have been implemented the day McNally left, not given to Poxy Moxey! A season too late, Webber has to prove his worth now, he’s good at spouting spin and deflecting any blame thus far, but for me this summer is all about him!

Does anyone have a grasp on season ticket renewals for the coming season?

I’ve had no trouble getting match tickets this year as a casual, but it will be interesting if the budget is cut even further to cover any downturn.

My suspicion is there won''t be a season ticket waiting list after this and we could see a return to offering some half season tickets if the season starts well.

Just a guess though.

GPs Beard The reality is that at Colney there is a photograph of our goal celebration at Wembley after Jerome scores. All the players have now left to be replaced by ... well to be replaced. That is the reality of the revolution , and we will finish in our lowest league position for some time.

Peoples take on this largely reflects their agenda, or their overall take on the Club

Westcoast canary The reason those players have now left is quite simple; they failed to deliver the club''s single most important objective, in some cases having had two chances to deliver it. The so-called "revolution" is not about who is in the squad; it''s about modernising and professionalising every aspect of the playing side of the business, from its administration to the style of play at all levels. The fact is this "revolution" should have been instituted years ago; that it wasn''t demonstrates just how badly it was needed. 

Actually westcoast those players who "failed", won the playoffs and got us up. That''s why they are celebrating at Wembley. That was sort of the point.

One of them is Redmond. How did he fail us?

In this thread I''ve seen the Webberlution described as many things, except for what it really is.

A cost cutting scheme to save Delia Smith and co dipping their hands in their pockets when it''s their mistakes that have cost this club dearly, quite happy to pat themselves on the back about how great a job they were doing balancing the books in the prem while flittering away multi million pound deals for bang average players, but the minute they realised they were out of their depth they clawed back every penny loaned to the club and the wallet closed.

Now the club has to be self sufficient they tell us, self sufficient? What a load of shat, it''s the fans that are funding this club not itself, paying premier league prices for the crap served up this season? Absolute disgrace and at no other club other than little old Norwich would the owners get away with it, I can''t wait to hear the clappers back aunty Delia after our only decent players jump ship or are sold at the end of the season, but don''t expect any money for new players as we''re "self sufficient".

Funding delias restaurant and yellows losses all these years? Funny how we''re always told about how great delias canary catering were doing yet when desperate times come along it appears that the only day these businesses actually make money is on match days and even that is a pittance compared to what we make on awful pukka pies and flat carling that is included in "canary catering" figures.

At least we''ve got the begging letters to look forward to next week, "please help us do the work to Colney we should have done years ago, we were too busy spending over a million on Ignasi Miguel, Connor McGrandles and the loans of Yobo, Hooiveld, Carlos Cueller and Elmander, Colney is a business asset so any work will add value to the business and our share price but we think you should pay because we don''t want to spend any of our own money".

Many thanks

De Liar Smith

Imagine if by some miracle under the current board we made it back to the prem while being "self sufficient", do you think Delia would want a piece of the pie? Or would she want the profit to stay in the club? Think we all know the answer

All hail the Webberlution

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]In this thread I''ve seen the Webberlution described as many things, except for what it really is.

A cost cutting scheme to save Delia Smith and co dipping their hands in their pockets when it''s their mistakes that have cost this club dearly, quite happy to pat themselves on the back about how great a job they were doing balancing the books in the prem while flittering away multi million pound deals for bang average players, but the minute they realised they were out of their depth they clawed back every penny loaned to the club and the wallet closed.

Now the club has to be self sufficient they tell us, self sufficient? What a load of shat, it''s the fans that are funding this club not itself, paying premier league prices for the crap served up this season? Absolute disgrace and at no other club other than little old Norwich would the owners get away with it, I can''t wait to hear the clappers back aunty Delia after our only decent players jump ship or are sold at the end of the season, but don''t expect any money for new players as we''re "self sufficient".

Funding delias restaurant and yellows losses all these years? Funny how we''re always told about how great delias canary catering were doing yet when desperate times come along it appears that the only day these businesses actually make money is on match days and even that is a pittance compared to what we make on awful pukka pies and flat carling that is included in "canary catering" figures.

At least we''ve got the begging letters to look forward to next week, "please help us do the work to Colney we should have done years ago, we were too busy spending over a million on Ignasi Miguel, Connor McGrandles and the loans of Yobo, Hooiveld, Carlos Cueller and Elmander, Colney is a business asset so any work will add value to the business and our share price but we think you should pay because we don''t want to spend any of our own money".

Many thanks

De Liar Smith

Imagine if by some miracle under the current board we made it back to the prem while being "self sufficient", do you think Delia would want a piece of the pie? Or would she want the profit to stay in the club? Think we all know the answer

All hail the Webberlution[/quote]I think you''re right. We do know the answer. Since she has never taken money out of the club (apart from getting paid back interest-free loans, of which there are none outstanding) it is fair to assume she would let the club keep any profits.

"Actually westcoast those players who "failed", won the playoffs and got us up. That''s why they are celebrating at Wembley. That was sort of the point. "

They also got us relegated, twice!!

[quote user="GPs Beard"] .......... Actually westcoast those players who "failed", won the playoffs and got us up. That''s why they are celebrating at Wembley. That was sort of the point.

One of them is Redmond. How did he fail us?[/quote] What I actually said GPB was not that "they failed" full stop, but that "they failed to deliver the club''s single most important objective", which was not just getting to the EPL but becoming as established in it as a club such as Norwich can ever hope to be. Saying they failed to deliver on that objective is not saying they let anyone down. The majority, including Redmond, did their best; but their (communal) best wasn''t in the end good enough and where we are now is a direct consequence of that failure. 

Farke''s been hitting the ''topics'' one by one. He''s got most of them nailed down (though obviously each can still be further improved).

He''s got one major one left. Finishing. Unfortunately that''s the most difficult to solve.

I have to say Farke is definitely got the team playing well, has anyone considered that the players aren’t as good as we think and Farke is getting the best results out of his system and style?

Apart from Maddison & Lewis there’s been some criticism of every player, some sent out on loan. Could it be those Webber has bought in aren’t that good?

We currently have 4 less points than we had at the same point last season. Considering the forecasts of doom and gloom this season would bring the evidence of the league table would suggest that it has made little difference replacing last season''s stars with this season''s "German 4th tier players". The prophecies of doom and gloom didn''t happen and those who thought they would should probably be posting on here how much better Webber and Farke have done compared to their prophecies.
As for style - I preferred last season and continually said so. But many argued with me and said we needed to be more defensive. Bottom line for me is that over 46 games where you finish is how good your players are and that will be the same whatever style is used. 

@Nutty

We did need to get more defensive- or at least better at defending.

There is a sensible halfway house that most other teams seem to have found though, whereas we have swung from one extreme to the other.

From what I’ve seen we’re not playing a defensive game. We’re playing a very ineffective game going forwards. Our only goal threat appears to be trying to create a chance From distance for Maddison. The only times I’ve seen balls played into the box with quality, it’s come from the centre backs.

This is all a bit ''Tiggers breakfast'' where Tigger likes everything except what''s in front of him at the time.

This halfway house will only be acceptable if we get in the top six. Otherwise Tiggers won''t like halfway houses...

JF- however you want to describe it our game is far more effective defensively than last season. And far less effective as an attacking force.

But there''s a football cliche that says good teams are built from the back. If there''s truth in that then it could be argued we have laid solid foundations.

So what happens if or when the "Webberlution" fails and how long do you go down this road before it becomes apparent that we''ve taken a wrong turn. I''m not saying we have but I''m not convinced that we haven''t.If it remains our objective to get back into the PL, and at some stage next season it becomes obvious that that won''t happen next season, then where do we go from here if there is still no prospect of outside investment.

I really don''t think it is Nigel.

It isn''t like last season we were a bit poor defensively- we were the third worst in the division.

And this season we haven''t just been a bit poor going forward, only three teams have scored less goals than us.

Last season I''d reckon just being the 15th or 16th best defence in the league would have seen us into the top 6, just as being 15th or 16th in goals scored this season would probably put us in the playoff hunt.

Nobody is asking us for be watertight at the back and free scoring going forward all at once- but wanting them to be ''competent'' at both ends of the pitch isn''t really too much to ask.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Think you''re forgetting her share premium[/quote]I don''t think I am forgetting anything, but I could be wrong. Perhaps if you were more specific that might help.

Well that depends on the expectation of the individual fan doesn''t it?

For me, I think we should be challenging for the top 6 and a greater balance between attack and defence would help that.

So really Tiggers like challenging for the top six for breakfast but are not fussed about what type of football achieves this?