Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Amazing what investment can do

[quote user="king canary"]@Badger

You seem to only consider change ''transformational'' if it establishes you in the top 4 of the Premier League.

No, not at all. To have been transformed, the club needs to be performing consistently at a higher level in the league tan it has done traditionally. This is the case currently with Bournemouth and is likely to continue, even if not in the Premiership. It is not the case with Leicester (who will as acknowledged will always have their glory season) and Southampton, who are performing within their normal range as the historic finishes data I provided demonstrates.Leicester have been transformed by their owners. They are currently building a new £80m training complex, have plans in place to significantly expand the stadium capacity and have won the Premier League. If they got relegated this season I''d back them to bounce straight back up.

Leicester''s plans seem impressive. Whether they are implemented (see below) and whether they have a transformative effect on their footballing outcomes remains to be seen. It should also be pointed out that there is something a little bit "murky" about the finances of Leicester and that they are currently under investigation by the Football league for FFP breaches.https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39134128

The company that owes Leicester is currently being sued by the Thai government on a £327m corruption charge. Obviously this could impact on Leicester in the future if they are found guilty and their are possible implications for their ownership of Leicester.
Bournemouth have been transformed- they were close to going out of business in League Two and now are playing in the Premier League for the first time in their history.

I have acknowledged in earlier posts that Bournemouth seem to have been transformed, although I would be a little worried that the person who has just bought a wad of shares in the company has pledged to win the Premier league with Bournemouth! Fortunately, atm he is only a minority shareholder!Max Denim, Bournemouth''s majority owner is likely to have made a very big profit on the shares he sold having bought the club for peanuts.Southampton were a League One club in Administration when they were taken over. They''ve now just completed a £40m training ground upgrade, have one of the most successful academies in English football and are playing their 6th straight season in the top flight.Southampton were bought at a knock-down price following administration. The purchasers have made a fortune from their investment (and charged 5% on the loans they made before this). Southampton are currently performing at around their historic position - lower top league. They certainly have not been transformed. [/quote]

See, no need to panic - and for all those horrid detractors and critics of Delia and Micky Wynn for them not wanting or wishing for external investment.....Our so (some call) stubborn majority shareholding duo, are actually courting external investment - albeit from the Carrow faithful......"Onwards and Upwards!"

"Huzzah!"

[quote user="king canary"]I think a Mitrovic could work- my feeling is we need a striker with good touch but also the physicality to move defenders off their spot and drag them around a bit.

Jerome had the physical side but not the quality with his feet.

Nelson has good touch and passing but just isn''t showing the physicality. He''s too often beaten by a stronger defender when he has his back to goal and he doesn''t seem able to move them about.[/quote]
Like him or loathe him, Mitrovic just secured the points for Fulham with 2 goals.