Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Delia's webberlotion

I don''t know how you judge these businessmen tbh. If it''s through financial success than Delia, MWJ and Michael Foulger take some beating...

Oh and Bindy, I still haven''t received a pm but rest assured that if I do I''ll post it on here. However if it''s to tell me that you''re not a binner just that you troll me pretending to be one then don''t bother. Either way you''re a waste of space in my book.

I really couldn’t give two hoots what you think Nutty, but you obviously must care as you are stalking me, perhaps like the club you believe you have some authority of who can post or support the club.

Shame really.

[quote user="Indy"]I really couldn’t give two hoots what you think Nutty, but you obviously must care as you are stalking me, perhaps like the club you believe you have some authority of who can post or support the club.

Shame really.[/quote]that''s why you............. err .............. replied

[quote user="Indy"]Mike for the past 3 years prior to this season, I’ve been trying to be involved, getting peed off by our owners, once Bowkett left it’s been a very rapid downward spiral, it hasn’t been stabilised yet, but there nothing any of us can do and if you carry it around then football becomes a chore and very unhappy event.

That’s why I said by jacking in my season ticket, rethinking why I go to football and going back to pre 1996 I don’t care so much who owns my club, I can’t afford to buy it, so it’s a none event for my thoughts.

All I can do is go enjoy the day, watch the football and discuss what I’ve seen on the day.

Yes we can all form opinions but if it pisses you off then why do it?

My 6 games this year have been a decent day out, yes the football at times has been frustrating but that’s the standard of player we can afford. It’s Webbers job to ensure we dig our best value for money players, his job is on the line in my book, so it’s a huge summer for him and our club.

The owners aren’t going anywhere anytime soon so reset yourself and try to enjoy the day.[/quote]

To be fair I have a season ticket but living in London I can not be arsed these days, the atmosphere is the worst I can remember, the football is dire and any criticism of Delia and co is met with the usual "binmen" crap. So you are right Indy, time to spend my time and money on things more entertaining and satisfying.... And view NCFC as the odd weekend away to meetup with the few lads that still go.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“Are you clueless to the fact he ran a successful photography business”

Well have to see how things develop[/quote]I''ve seen that on the telly when it sayswarning flash photography''it looks pretty ordinary to me, nothing flash about it at all

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Stalking like making veiled threats and suggesting pms?

Not guilty. Look closer to home.[/quote]

You really are trying the victim card, where’s the threat? All I said was it would be good to catch up for a chat, you’re the one making accusations of me being a binner, stalking my comments, breaking out parts of a post for your own agenda! Like you have other posters.

Your a tad paranoid, still carry on Nutty, like I said I’ve gone past it now, have a good evening.

Mike rise above it, it’s the same people who never contribute to the threads discussion, but round on certain points of view, then attack, I don’t think they are bothered with discussion but need to feel superior, it’s only a forum matey.

Totally reboot yourself matey, there’s absolutely nothing to be gained about our owners, it’s their club to run as they see fit, employ who they want and it’s that simple.

If you go back to fundamentals of the day, it’s out to meet up with fellow fans, a drink, chat football and post drink chat to mull over the game then home. Far more entertaining than thinking we are anything more than a crowd, money in the bank, that’s the same for any owner, they’re not in it to lose money.

The phrase was "now I know who you are"

Give yourself a huge pat on the back. Loads of people on here "know who I am" and often meet up for a chat. My email address is on here often. Even my phone number at times. I have no interest in being anonymous and enjoy meeting posters. Pms and other such stalking is not for me. If you have something to say post it.

Of course on the odd occasion I''ve had threats they never turn up. Funny that...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That doesnt explain why the PL millions were wasted with Colney left to rot.

Unless of course that was the correct thing to do which, to be fair, many of us thought at the time. But what it can''t be is a stick to beat the current lot with.[/quote]Glad you said Colney was left to rot Nutty so who do we blame for that during shall i say the last 10 years ? The man who was held in God like status by some David McNally or The Man From Mulbarton ? I believe those two sat on was was known as the Football Board which surely covered all things at Colney amongst it''s remit ?

I guess its a board decision so whoever were the best businessman. Or you could blame the employees. With hindsight and an agenda you can string anyone up.

However Tilly, at the time you and I both spoke out that the money should go to the player budget. Didn''t we?

I quite possibly did but i was unaware that the place was in such a dire state as now being portrayed by the latest Golden Boy Webber and Steve Stone. Never remember McNasty and The Man From Mulbarton gnashing their teeth over it at forums and AGM''s.

The constants with all of these Directors coming and going are the majority shareholders

They have wasted money, made ill informed decisions and want to perpetuate this with their latest business model

Thank the Lord we have nephew Tom with his local government and photography experience to save us

Indeed. I think the phrase was "a mutual" where all income was to go straight into the first team. I don''t remember Ricky giving an opinion. In fact that would have been above his pay grade. But Bowkett and McNally BOTH banged that drum vehemiently at forums and AGMs. And we both agreed.

So if we now want to revisit that with hindsight then we''re guilty as charged. In fact there was only a mild squeak from a few shareholders suggesting stadium expansion etc. Otherwise we all brought into the boards vision and happy clapped those speeches.

No hindsight required Nutty on my opinion of McNasty and The Man from Mulbarton as you well know.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/norwich-city-east-of-sun-west-of-moon.html
It''s all there including Alan Bowkett quotes. And all of us who went to AGMs were fully aware of these figures. We all got hard copies of the relevant accounts. In 2014 we actually paid 2.5m in tax because we made a profit upon relegation. Applying hindsight now that looks to be a mighty chunk of the 3.5m we''re looking to raise. So Bowkett and McNally were involved in this. Tilly and Nutty were fully aware of this. But the man from Mulbarton was going about his brief to pass audits to attain and retain Category One status. He was successful.

So successful Webber got rid within about three days of walking into Colney. Makes you wonder what he discovered to make that happen.

Whatever it was it wasn''t failure to get Cat One or wasting the PL millions instead of investing in Colney. That''s down to Bowkett, McNally, Tilly and Nutty.

I think everyone was happy with the concept of putting all our money into the first team squad. Although on reflection i''m not sure that it''s fair to label that at fans, because it''s not like we were all told "Look, Colney needs some serious attention, and we could do with spending 4m on it. However, we could put that into the first team instead."
I think most peoples perception was that Colney was pretty decent. I don''t recall ever being told otherwise. It was a bit disappointing to hear from Webber that Martin and Wes both said the facilities hadn''t changed from when they started at the club.

When Webber was appointed I was quite pleased thinking football played the way Huddersfield - fast attacking football -would be good but alas anything but.

Since leaving Huddersfield they have shut their academy, Tranmere have just shut their academy both saying it wasn''t working. Looking at our academy it hasn''t produced anything brilliant the inconsistent Murphy twins perhaps Lewis will make the grade where are the rest of the Youth Cup winning team.

Is the academy the way forward ? Perhaps one of our best teams - the Lambert years apart - was the Stringer/Walker team with ex Spurs players like Crook, Bowen, Culverhouse. Surely we could pick up this type of player again rather than paying millions for an academy that may or may not produce.

I have renewed for next season but wonder what the future holds.

I 100% agree Hoggy. It''s not in my nature to look for scapegoats and apportion blame. Certainly not to isolate people i may dislike and ''fit them up''. My post was just to remind us the reality of where we were. It should also be remembered that Colney passed two very tough audits to secure and keep cat one status.

It was what it was, it is what it is and we are where we are. It''s now about moving forward. About accepting the past and changing the present and the future.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/norwich-city-east-of-sun-west-of-moon.html
It''s all there including Alan Bowkett quotes. And all of us who went to AGMs were fully aware of these figures. We all got hard copies of the relevant accounts. In 2014 we actually paid 2.5m in tax because we made a profit upon relegation. Applying hindsight now that looks to be a mighty chunk of the 3.5m we''re looking to raise. So Bowkett and McNally were involved in this. Tilly and Nutty were fully aware of this. But the man from Mulbarton was going about his brief to pass audits to attain and retain Category One status. He was successful.
[/quote]I do find it amusing that McNally is now getting vilified by some posters in the way Doncaster was. McNally made some mistakes, right from the outset, and later on, but any fair analysis would have to rate his overall performnace as CEO as positive, just as Doncaster''s was.As to this mysterious Man from Mulbarton, I thought that was Maurice Norman? So I am a bit lost, but there is one interesting statistic that might be relevant. In the last 12 years the FA Youth Cup has been won by Chelsea six times, Liverpool twice, and by Arsenal, Manchester City and Mnchester United once. And by Norwich City once.

Nutty there is a difference between disliking people and making a judgement on the job they are/were doing. Looking the part,pressing the flesh and talking the talk are totally different from walking the walk.