Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

One man team

Come on Lakey. It would be interesting to know who you think would have come in and matched or possibly bettered Maddison’s contribution.

I’m not sure why this thread has received any bad response. No matter what you think of this season this has to be a very reasonable statement.

I’m not sure I have witnessed such an impact by just one player and given how fine the line has been when we have won points, it does look like likely that without his contribution we would be close to a relegation battle.

I am very much a Wes fan but he is unlikely to have had the same type of impact, especially working under Farkes constraints.

Fair comment this post, you can never be certain but it is fair!

To be honest, Maddison is a rare talent and from what I''ve read of his younger days, he was just destined to become a top player.

You chaps can argue all you like but it is his talent that has made him the player he is today. I get fed up hearing about coaching etc, When a natural comes along, you just let him play and hope the others can follow him.

I watched him today really closely and his awareness of what was around him and what he should do when he receives the ball cannot be coached.

Well done to who spotted him and who signed him on as he is going to make the club and himself, a lot of money.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Making Plans"]Just another example of us getting it completely wrong.[/quote]Bought for around £2m - estimated value - £20m+.Just another example of us getting it completely right. [/quote]

I agree about the profit but as yet nobody has answered the questions I asked - why was it necessary to send him to Coventry and Aberdeen to improve him, why was he not playing for us last season after he came back from Aberdeen and why did he not get a game for us until April?

You can''t tell me that it was because he wasn''t good enough, or worth a try, when things were clearly going pear shaped from January onwards last season.

Yes the money aspect is good but he could have contributed so much more given the chance earlier.

Great player, great signing, what’s not to like.

We are bit of a one man team though to be honest, he has grabbed a good proportion of our points away from home.

Even with Madders we are bang average. We haven''t won in 5 with him in the team. Perhaps a £25m boost to the playing squad would help to be honest, although I''m doubting Farke again now and wonder what gems he would come up with IF he had such a transfer fund.

Sorry Capt. Pants, there''s no way that we will get all of the Madison fee for the transfer fund [:''(]

[quote user=" Badger"]Sorry Capt. Pants, there''s no way that we will get all of the Madison fee for the transfer fund [:''(][/quote]No I realise that. Reading between the lines and what with other plans the club has, his transfer will be used to manage trading deficit and underwrite the bond.

We are very much a one man team.

He’s single handedly won us games with goals out of nothing. His second goal today was made and converted by himself, as was the Brentford goal, as was the Bristol City goal, and so on.

Maddison has preserved our championship status this season. Without him, combined with Webber’s rubbish transfer dealings we’d of gone down.

Let that sink in.

every now and then we see players who are so obviously superior in both technique and football brain that they stand out. madders is very much in this category. i remember seeing ashley cole at carrow road when he was on loan at palace. i guess he was around 19-20 but so much better than all others on the pitch.

leta face it, he would walk into any side in the champs. hanley and klose would raise some interest. gunn too but aince he isnt ours its not worth debating. outsidr of that i dont think we can honestly say that any top 6 champs side would take anyone else. on that basis and the goals hes scored and made we are very close to being a one man team.

i remember when Hucks played we were not such a one man team a lot if not most of the play went through hucks because he was the best player

Same with Eadie when he played if was give the ball to him and see what he could do

Maddison is the same he is by far our best player so it is best to give him the ball more often and the play goes through him of course in is unbalanced because of this

But with out him this year we would be in big trouble

[quote user="nutty nigel"]He''s our player. We signed him in front of a lot of other clubs. We developed him further. He''s in our team and blossoming. And he is a joy to watch.

Or he''s a stick to beat the club with...[/quote]

A stick to beat the club with nutty ;). To think these bloody young rapscallions coming into our team and performing well week in week out. We should sell him for about half a million more than we paid and let Delia fritter away the money somewhere as she clearly doesnt want to publish another cook book ;)