Gunn 9/10 - had loads to do, and despite conceding four made some cracking saves in one on one situations.

Reed 5/10 - worked hard but saw very little of the ball. Anonymous in an overrun midfield.

Hanley 4/10 - wow, where did that performance come from? Caught out twice in the first half trying to control a ball that he should have just put his foot through. Poor in the air, constantly misjudging and getting poor connection.

Klose 5/10 - marginally better than Hanley. But guilty of getting caught in posssesion when trying to take too many touches.

Lewis 2/10 - just dreadful. Offered nothing going forward, given the run around by Bowen and others all game. The weakest link today in every sense.

Leitner N/A - went off injured early. Was struggling to get to grips with Hulls fast pressing. Still, his composure was dearly missed.

Tettey 7/10 - battled hard and tried to play the ball a bit. The only player to pick up second balls, which was rather alarming today. Decent shift.

Hernandez 3/10 - terrible first half. Looked lost and off the ball his awareness was school boy like. Improved marginally after the break, but bar a couple of decent ish runs, of which one resulted in a clear scoring opportunity which he fluffed, he did very little. He’s miles off.

Maddison 8/10 - Played well and always wanted the ball and tried to make things happen. Took his penalty’s well, and his second goal included some sublime skill. Let down by those around him, somthing he doesn’t have to worry about much longer.

Watkins 4/10 - I’ve supported Watkins, but today he was poor. Won some headers, certainly more than Oliveria, but despite trying hard nothing really came off. He improved a little in a 20 minute period after the break, which included one run where he beat three players, showing a glimpse of his potential, but just not good enough.

Oliveria 3/10 - rubbish. Won the penalty, but that’s all he did. Constantly lost the ball, failed to hold it up enough, and on the odd occasion he managed too, he’s incapable of releasing the ball before being tackled.

Pinto 3/10 - completely anonymous, and under utilised despite having acres of space on many occasions.

Wes and Murphy - Wes tried, and linked up with Maddison well a couple of times. Murphy did nothing and ran straight into the defender losing the ball on two occasions when positioned well.

All in all, today was horrible. In the first ten minutes Hull had three clear scoring opportunities before finally scoring. We couldn’t get hold of the ball and when we did we made poor decisions that played into the paws (sorry) of a hungry Hull side.

Apart from the worry of the the ability of some of the players at this level, I though our tactics were so far out of touch it was scary. We failed to do the simple things. Like clip a ball into the corner to get Hull turned, instead dally around too long before being closed down.

I don’t think Lewis clipped the ball down the line once. Nobody is running the flanks or moving into the corners to give options. The play is far too centralised and intricate. We’ve completely abandoned playing the ball into wide positions. The amount of times Lewis turned inside to play the ball, instead of the easier option of forward down the line, was beyond frustrating. And it’s not a natural action, he’s clearly being instructed and coached to do it.

At times we can play the ball and it looks lovely. But today, the game called out for us to do the simple things well and play for a bit of territory. The two times we actually put the ball over the top and turned their defences we won two penalties. Bar Maddison’s genius, penalties were the only way we were going to score today. 4-3 was hugely flattering.

After the positive performance at Derby, this is very very disappointing. According to Webber he has one window left, he better have three or four gems lined up because once Tettey, Hoolahan, Leitner and Maddison depart, we’re only going in one direction.

Thankfully weve not played anything like this for the majority of the season so i wouldnt be too concerned tactically. Was just one of those one off games.

Didn''t see the game but there seems a bit of negativity on here over Lewis''s performance. He''s played a lot of games in a row now and is still very young. A wonderful  talent but it may be prudent to rest him a couple of games?

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Didn''t see the game but there seems a bit of negativity on here over Lewis''s performance. He''s played a lot of games in a row now and is still very young. A wonderful  talent but it may be prudent to rest him a couple of games?[/quote]

Is he a wonderful talent though? Or are we just desperate for him to be wonderful given he’s ‘one of our own?’

I think he’s got potential to be a solid defender at this level, but from the games I’ve seen him play he’s nothing special, certainly the hype around him seems a tough over the top.

Gunn made a couple of fantastic reaction and double saves in the second half. Can''t really be blamed for the goals.

Reed looked better at RB than CM. Our midfield was weak today.

Hanley was woeful throughout, Lewis made mistakes but he''ll learn. He was poor today compared to his good run of form of late though. Our whole defence looked slack compared to recent games.

Terry was okay. Madders was good but we struggled to keep possession so wasn''t as effective as usual. Perhaps we missed Leitner.

Watkins has the first touch of a brick wall, I''d much, much rather have Murphy on the pitch. Hernandez was okay, bit spurned a great chance by taking too long when a first time shot might have beaten the keeper.

Oliveira was largely anonymous upfront with little to no service but was often second best to everything.

That said, at 3-1 up you''d like to think we could have seen it out despite the piss poor performance.

Farke again far too slow to react and made subs way too late. Despite the signings, we still lack a clear plan B. Lots of things to mull over before next season, but so much hinges on Madison staying. By far our best asset.

Lewis was poor today and hes had some average showings in the last couple of games but hes also had 4 or 5 really, really good games for a young player being thrown in mid season for the first time into professional football. To expect him to consistently deliver already is perhaps unrealistic.

Im surprised youve rated Watkins above Hernandez. I reckon if you ask any of the Hull backline which of the two they were more concerned about itd be a unanimous vote towards Onel.

Admittedly only from highlights but Gunn spilled a couple which looked fairly straightforward. One he reclaimed quickly, the other was scrambled away but could easily have fallen to anyone.

The manager has to take a large amount of the blame for throwing away a 3-1 lead. Why were we so open? The players and individuals need to take some blame but the whole thing was a shambles; the set up, tactics and individual performances almost across the board.

[quote user="Aggy"]Admittedly only from highlights but Gunn spilled a couple which looked fairly straightforward. One he reclaimed quickly, the other was scrambled away but could easily have fallen to anyone.

The manager has to take a large amount of the blame for throwing away a 3-1 lead. Why were we so open? The players and individuals need to take some blame but the whole thing was a shambles; the set up, tactics and individual performances almost across the board.[/quote]

It wasn’t so much that we were open, just too many basic mistakes and continued persistence to opt against the sensible ball clipped into channels.

No body runs the channels, and that’s the best way to relieve pressure and turn the opposition defence. Exactly what Hull did and forced Lewis into his mistake for their first peno.

The late substitutions thing is becoming a concerning pattern with Farke. He seems far too reactive from the bench.

Im not too sure the subs thing is an issue. For starters we dont have great options on the bench and case in point yesterday, after the subs we looked no more likely to score.

@hoegsar

Maybe if you give them more than 10 minutes at a time then they might have more of a chance to influence the game.

What I also find frustrating with Farke is inability to change formation. 4-3 down and we change two attacking midfielders for two attacking midfielders, rather than sacrifice one and throw Srbeny up front with NO.

Also seems scared to makes changes until very late on.

Not a good day at the office yesterday, but the scarey thing is, if Madds hadn''t got those goals (god forbid our strikers hit the back of the net!) we''d have been hammered by a very lowly team!

I don’t think we ever look that great with 4 at the back. Far too open. I’ll like to see Raggett in for the rest of the season. Bed him in ready for next season. Klose has had another poor season in my opinion as well while Zimmerman has come on loads.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Add to that Angus Gunn, couldn''t wait to get out of our academy[/quote]
Maybe that''s why Webber and co are looking to improve it?

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Maybe Delia and co should have done it years ago[/quote]
Fair. I''m just now sure how fans would have taken it during a relegation battle, for instance. I''m sure it''d be seen as improving upon their facilities and therefore improving the value in their ownership and they''re only out for themselves etc etc, by the usual suspects.
Personally, i''d have preferred that they did spend a few million on improving the facilities during our prem years. But that''s easy for me to say now. I''m not sure at the time too many would have been though. 

They wouldn''t have even had to tell the fans, there was that much money flying around on sub standard transfers

Ignasi Miguel 1 million never played

Connor McGrandles 1 million never played

Jacob butterfield 2 million never played

Becchio 1million plus morison never played

Lafferty 2.7 million sub if lucky

Jos Hooiveld loan fee and wage over 1 million never played

Carlos Cueller loan fee and wage over 1 million never played

Joseph yobo loan fee and wage over 1 million

Could have quite easily paid for it out of these and who would have noticed?

A fair point DDD, Colney is in the state it is in because the belief was always to invest as much as possible into the playing squad rather than anything else in order to maximise our chances of staying in the Premier League. Indeed it might all have been so different if Wolfiewinkle and Fer hadn''t been flops, and if AN had managed to keep us up. But alas, we are where we are. That list is rather poor to look back on, and add it to a long history of letting players leave for free instead of for fees. Mistakes have indeed been made, but the past cannot be changed now.

re: Lewis, he''s one of our own as he graduated from the academy. It doesn''t matter too much that he came from elsewhere, he still completed a scholarship with us.

Also paid a million for the chap AN brought with him from Hamilton......also never played. Name escapes me?