Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Our Obsession With Money

The blog seems to be based on a lot of what the same people are saying. I’m interested in knowing more about this group of the same people. How many of them are there? Where were they located? How were their views gathered?

[quote user="Supermarket Sweep"].........And I''m still can''t work out why you are both under some delusion that the club will have to find the full amount at the end of year five - and not simply ''put away'' the money on an annual basis......[/quote]Making stuff up ? Give me strength ( lol )Assuming NCFC don''t go belly-up the full amount is payable after five years. I think we both realise that the club might decide to put some money aside before redemption day or they might decide to wake up that morning and rustle up the money there and then. Either way they know it has to be paid somehow so I expect they will give it some thought in the meantime.Are you doing this deliberately ?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Sweep claimed the bonds were effectively loans that were guaranteed to be repaid - they’re not. They’re unsecured bonds.

He then claimed he didn’t say this - however, it’s all there in black and white.

I wouldn’t bother arguing with him - you can’t win an argument with a narcissist. Hopefully he’ll get the validation he’s obviously looking for.[/quote]Perhaps the best we can hope for is that he gives that fetish down the A140 his undivided attention.I''m not hopeful...

We have very little spare money. We have been told that several times, by various people from the club. To put a bit aside we are looking at £700k-£1mil per year. That money has to come from somewhere to put aside, so will have to be pulled from elsewhere in the club.

Not really sure that is too outrageous a statement?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Maybe we could meet before the next home game, City 1st, to discuss.

Whereabouts do you sit?[/quote]He does not even go to games and to ask such a simple question which i have asked him before will just be met with bluster,goal post moving and more twists and turns than you can imagine.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/city-announce-scheme-to-fund-academy-facilities-1-5426820
There''s interviews with Steve Stone and Stuart Webber on this link Rogue. They will answer some of the questions but they don''t actually itemise how the money will be raised to pay back the initial investment. 
The PL grant is a different thing to this I think. As I remember it Cat One was said to be costing nearly 3m per year but the PL gave a grant of £750,000 towards that so probably back in 2012 it was costing us 2m. I should imagine those costs are higher now don''t know if the grant has increased too.
It''s worth bearing in mind that Colney was deemed good enough to get a cat one licence and also to have that renewed 3 years later. As I remember it Ricky Martin had to satisfy the auditors on over 250 different conditions for the licence to be granted. I think the next audit is in 2019 but I could be wrong. 
I''m seriously considering a bond. Back in the days of Rays Funds for FONCY I definitely felt a closer link to the academy than I do now. We really identified with the players coming through and I still use my FONCY youth team to first team mug even though poor old Korey Smith and Tom Adeyemi have become so faded they''re unrecognisable. I''d love to part own a bond too with family and friends.
That''s my choice. Others will choose not to invest. If enough do invest it will happen. If there aren''t enough it won''t. That is out of our hands and whatever will be will be.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]We have very little spare money. We have been told that several times, by various people from the club. To put a bit aside we are looking at £700k-£1mil per year. That money has to come from somewhere to put aside, so will have to be pulled from elsewhere in the club.

Not really sure that is too outrageous a statement?[/quote]This is broadly accurate as far as I understand. I suppose it''s about the sum of money that a first team player is on.