Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Cantwell scoring

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Hopefully come back and push for a starting spot next season

and if he''s any good..........

we can sell him to balance the books at the end of next season[/quote]I had Jamal Lewis down for that DDD.

I don''t really know the quality of the league he''s in but looks like he''s settled in nicely.

If he does continue to progress, will certainly give us options if we can keep Madders next season. I wonder if it''s worth keeping Wes around to help mentor these guys too as fellow CAMs (assuming he already does)

Is that the same Jamal Lewis the club love wheeling out as "one of our own" even though he''s 20 years old and joined less than 3 years ago meaning he didn''t step foot in the club till he was 17? Hardly one of our own considering before joining us he spent his entire career at Luton.

Lets attack our youngsters now. How bitter do some of you want to get.

Our club and our coaches have improved Jamal to where he is now. That''s a credit to both played and club.

Agreed NN. The club have done well to develop Lewis and turn him into a very capable first teamer. Quite why some want to moannbevause he’s from Luton is beyond me 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Is that the same Jamal Lewis the club love wheeling out as "one of our own" even though he''s 20 years old and joined less than 3 years ago meaning he didn''t step foot in the club till he was 17? Hardly one of our own considering before joining us he spent his entire career at Luton.[/quote]
That''s pretty desperate.

All he said was that Lewis wasn''t "one of our own" which is a fact.

Nobody is disputing that our club has aided his development.

I think it’s more about someone’s desperation to find something to moan about rather than whether he’s correct in what he’s saying

He is developing nicely and could provide an adequate replacement for Maddison when he moves to the next stage of his career

Yet another prospect coming out of the academy

In Delia and Tom we trust

Ben, I think Jamal is a direct result of having cat one academy. If enjoying this is being a clapper then what does that make someone who''s bitter about it?

Entire career at 17? Did Luton give him a testimonial then?

Cantwell and Lewis are a credit to our youth system and congratulations to both

If they improve the team that''s great, if we make big money on them, that''s great also.

I believe that youth are our future''

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the skill they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride

Let the youths efforts remind us how we used to be

Think you should learn to read what''s actually been written Eddie, where have I attacked youngsters? Where have I said that the academy and coaches haven''t helped him in his progress? Where have I said the academy is stopping us getting players like Jamal? Christ, where have I said any fecking thing bad about the academy at all?

Just because a player spends the last 2 years of his 10 plus years of development with a club doesn''t make him "one of our own" and that that was my point, in my opinion (that''s what this message board is for remember) the club look a bit daft and desperate wheeling out players that have spent minimum time with the club as "one of our own".

As for being bitter if you want to label me that It''s fine I''d say it says more about you, enjoy!

The facts are yes, we did buy Jamal from elsewhere.

But the facts are he also graduated from our Academy, who he signed into as a scholar, earning a professional contract with us last summer.

Therefore, factually, he is one of our own... A Norwich City FC academy product.

You can''t argue with facts DDD...

It probably doesn''t make you bitter if my view doesn''t make me a clapper. But they''re just labels and I did ask you to choose one for yourself.

At the end of the day you are being bitter about loads of things right now. I''m being happy about loads of things right now. Whether we agree or not that diversity is what this message board is for. Alternatively we could just pat everyone else on the back and say "good post".

Back to the youngsters - Norfolk historically produces few top footballers. I''ve researched this but have no idea why. In the past people blamed our academy coaches however their success with youngsters from elsewhere suggests that''s not the reason.

Ian Henderson remains one the top few local lads in football and has been so for a long time.

Being cat one Evens the playing field a bit for us but if we''re successful bringing talent through don''t expect many to be local boys.