Sign in to follow this  
lincsy88

Team for Barnsley

With all these injuries I am thinking something like this for the game tomorrow night:

Gunn

Pinto, Hanley, Klose, Lewis

Vrancic, Tettey

Hernandez, Maddison, Murphy

Srbeny

Subs: McGovern, Husband, Raggett, Hoolahan, Watkins, Stiepermann, Reed (if fit)

Bit thin on the ground for this one!

On the money really Lincsy

Pinto in for Reed

VRancic in for Leitner

Murphy in for Watkins

Srbeny in for Oliveira

It sounded rather unlikely from the presser that Raggett would start so that means no 5 at the back but I think I''d prefer that;

Gunn

Pinto Raggett Hanley Klose Lewis

Vrancic Tettey

Maddison

Srbeny Hernandez

Sounded from the report that Tettey would also be sitting this one out due to his knees.

God knows who will play in there with Vrancic tomorrow. Maybe they''ll risk Reed if his illness isn''t too bad by tomorrow evening.

Fair point about Tettey, hard to guess if he''ll be fit or not from what Farke said.

If he is out, the only option is to play Hoolahan with no DM. If that''s the case, I''d rather we go 5 across the back and play Raggett.

Get exactly what your saying about Tettey, only reason I put him in is because I ran out of fit and available bodies lol. Perhaps the ever versatile Marco Stiepermann will fill in there.

[quote user="lincoln canary aka Golden Coppel"]We’re getting stuffed tonight anyway. Our squad is has no depth in quality and we are seeing that after a few injuries.[/quote] Wolves have faltered a bit lately; maybe Reading can do what our lower league squad managed and come away with at least a point.

[quote user="lincsy88"]Get exactly what your saying about Tettey, only reason I put him in is because I ran out of fit and available bodies lol. Perhaps the ever versatile Marco Stiepermann will fill in there.[/quote]

Stiepermann is looking for a return after the international break according to Farke, so not available tonight.

I agree we have to go three at the back especially as Pinto will have to play.

Give Raggett a go, he must be raring to go.

And that should alleviate for two covering midfield players.

Gunn

Raggett Hanley Klose

Pinto Vrancic Lewis

Hernandez Maddison Murphy

Srbeny

DF to tell Murphy to stop piddling about and do what he does best at that is attack, cut in and shoot.

SrBeny can goal hang and wait for crosses.

Lincoln you cant seriously want Husband in the team, he isnt even league 1 level! Lewis has done nothing wrong and doesnt deserve to be dropped, as for Murphy upfront, seriously?

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 13/03/2018 3:12 PM:

Slot Raggett in for Zim, like for like.

This is just laughable!

[quote user="lincsy88"]Lincoln you cant seriously want Husband in the team, he isnt even league 1 level! Lewis has done nothing wrong and doesnt deserve to be dropped, as for Murphy upfront, seriously?[/quote]

Lewis was awful against Hull. Easily the worst player on the pitch. I wasn’t that impressed with him the last time I saw him at Derby either. I think people have gone overboard on him.

Lewis has had a couple average, and one poor performance against Hull. But generally he has been very good. One of the things about a young player coming into first team football for the first time, mid way through a season, is you might not have complete consistency. Who''d have thought it?

I like the idea of Raggett playing in the middle of 3 cbs. We won''t really know unless we try. If playing proves him to need more time then we can loan him out again next season. For me the coming fixtures give us a chance to find out about some of our fringe players.

AS an aside, the club website is poor. I was just flicking through it and there is still a large heading saying the Barnsley game is postponed.

Watkins on his bill up front... reminds me of when we went to Oakwell for a nil nil with Darel Russell on his own up top!

Looking at the crowd Double N, they are playing in front of two.

So Lincoln, you’ve seen him twice and he wasn’t very good, so you think everyone else is going over the top. Or maybe those were his worst games, you just happened to witness them, but everyone else who has seen him play the other games has been impressed with a player who only made his debut in-was it December?-can’t remember.

I know who’s opinion I value more.

Barnsley have 1 win in 11, hovering above the drop zone, clearly struggling badly since Heckingbottom left them and we''ve set our stall out "not to concede". Yawn.

And Husband FFS!

We are scraping the barrel tonight. What was the point of buying Srbeny if we''re not going to give him a chance to bed in!

I''ve seen it all now.

Ref gets his shaving foam out for a free kick and draws the 10 yard line about 20 feet to the side where Barnsley were forming their wall???